• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode it to work even though there's a 30% chance of rain. I drove the car in for the last 2 days for the same reason, but it never even sprinkled. SO this morning I said the heck with it, I'm taking the bike. Besides, traffic is generally less on Fridays if it does rain.

Yesterday rode from Missoula to St. Regis. thru the St Regis Cut-off to Ravalli , and back to Missoula. About 165 miles, and made about 69 mpg. Beautiful trip about 65 deg. and sunny, but forgot to take the camera.

Today rode to the gun range to do a bit of noise making , stopped at the grocery store on the way home. and this evening rode around town .

Planning a trip up to lost trail Pass tomorrow(About 210 miles) and I will remember the camera.

I'm loving it:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Rode a little over 650 miles: Descanso CA (1hr east of san diego) -> Lake Havasu City, AZ -> Barstow, CA -> El Cajon, CA (1/2hr east of San Diego)
Nearly ready for my coast road trip in 3 weeks.

Took the NC for 1000km service. 110$ and 35$ for 1 year , 7D/24H EU assistance.
And took some time with practicing 8's, U-turns and circles.

Today I went for lunch with some friends and rode the bike.
I was a little concerned with the great deltas between low and high temperatures over here now.
It can be 10c in the morning and then hitting 25c at noon and then back to 15c in the evening. Very bad for the drive chain, I am guessing.

Then I went to the Honda shop this afternoon after lunch and was pleased to confirm that the tension on my bike-chain (about 5000km now) is still good (mechanic said it was excellent) within the 2 limits.
:p

And....the mechanic thought I was (still) concerned about the Chain Recall...he checked it again to ensure it is indeed RK.
:D

Tested out my rain gear on the way to work this morning. Using my hiking stuff for the Pacific Northwest in a couple weeks, since I really can't justify motorcycle specific rain gear living where it rains maybe a dozen days a year. Looks like it'll work well.

Today I rode my NC around the I-435 loop around Kansas City. That's about 80 miles at speeds between 60 and 70 or so. The NC performed well and I never felt I did not have enough power to pass when needed. I filled up near the beginning, but did not fill up when I was done. I'll be interested to see how my mileage was for mostly highway speeds. So far I have averaged 63 mpg and my best was 68 mpg with only 900 miles on the NC so far.

It can be 10c in the morning and then hitting 25c at noon and then back to 15c in the evening. Very bad for the drive chain, I am guessing.

:confused: Why on earth would a 15 degree variance in air temperature be "very bad" for a motorcycle drive chain?

Changed oil (break in). Filter was really tight. Way more than 19 ft/lbs. I used vise grips, nothing. So went to the parts store and bought a filter socket. Tried it to no avail. I ended up having to use a mallet on my socket to get it off. I could not believe how tight it was. It took 5 goods whacks go get it loose.

Rode in a bit of rain for the first time on the nc.it did good and held the road.80 mile round trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back