• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode the bike to my periodic dental appointment. No cavities but there were some issues with hygiene on the front teeth. He suggested I take off the sprocket cover for better access before brushing and flossing next time :)

Bob

Took the pig out for a short ride for first time since I added 2" rox risers and got gas for 2nd fillup. With risers I can go for 10 minutes without hands getting numb instead of 5 minutes before, so I can call that a 100% improvement. Not that it makes much difference when riding for 30 minutes, it's still 20 minutes of being numb. Strange thing about it, it felt like the park brake was on the whole time, really sluggish (it's a manual with no park brake), and when I filled it up, it took 2.49 gallons U.S. to go 112 miles for a whopping 45 mpg. The dreaded Gypsy curse continues. Monday I'll take a look at everything again but I fear that there is nothing wrong, except that everything is still wrong. Darned Gypsies.

if still under warranty get the dealer to check.
it seems there is some thing not right especially low mpg and tight feelings on the grip.
could be grit or stone jamming the throttle??.
throttle should feel free as a bird.
2" riser aint gonna make difference to numbness.
are you gripping as for dear life?
you should only grip lightly just enough to turn the throttle.
maybe you should try grip puppies ,they'll make your grip a little more comfort.
take it up the road and back say 1/2 mile(try not to use your brake as much) and check your disc if they're hot then which ever is binding.
if it is on the front then in time this will distort the disc and you will feel it pulsating as if on kangaroo juice.
check your brake 1st before any thing else

Took the pig out for a short ride for first time since I added 2" rox risers and got gas for 2nd fillup. With risers I can go for 10 minutes without hands getting numb instead of 5 minutes before, so I can call that a 100% improvement. Not that it makes much difference when riding for 30 minutes, it's still 20 minutes of being numb. Strange thing about it, it felt like the park brake was on the whole time, really sluggish (it's a manual with no park brake), and when I filled it up, it took 2.49 gallons U.S. to go 112 miles for a whopping 45 mpg. The dreaded Gypsy curse continues. Monday I'll take a look at everything again but I fear that there is nothing wrong, except that everything is still wrong. Darned Gypsies.
Can you ride out to Lee and ask his divine diagnosis or go to another rider with same bike and do a controlled comparison?

Have you been checking tire pressure, as I would check tire pressure at least once a week, or more, till you get used to how much air the tire's lose between rides

What about putting the bike on the center stand, and try to see if both whell will free wheel (spin easily) or are they hard to spin, this will tell you if your brakes, or a wheel bearing are hanging up or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also rode the schlitz out of my bike today, A couple of rogue squirrels, ran out in front of me, they almost took the dirt nap, The NC7 ran really good, the more i ride it and get used to it the better it is, I am sure after a few to several thousand miles it should get much better

I am so glad i sold my 1800cc cruiser for it, it was a 130H.P. 800-lbs cruiser, it was very fast, but it did NOT like to go around curves, a few times I almost ended up off the road, I never had that happen with any of my many other bikes, or my Goldwings

My Vstrom 1000 was a good handling bike just a little top heavy

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking, if a oxygen sensor was going bad it would cause fuel mileage to go south.

Your ECU has diagnostics built into it, it should throw a code if something is wrong, just count the flashes, a series of Longs and shorts blinks, then look it up in the service manual to see what the problem is.

Tire pressure is good, wheels move easily, there is no drag, there are no problems anywhere. Perhaps it hates me as much as I hate it. Regardless, I did nothing with it today since I didn't have either time or desire. Maybe one day this week, maybe not. At this point I don't give a flying pig poof if it ever works again.

Wow, thats too bad Glenbo, I've had a great experience with my NC so far. Only 1000+kms as of yet, but am thrilled with the bike. It does exactly what I had hoped it would, provide a fun economical ride that looks good from a bike I Love to ride. Can't get much better than that as far as I'm concerned. If it's not for you thats no big deal, find what is. Summer is too short to not be riding something you like!!

Tire pressure is good, wheels move easily, there is no drag, there are no problems anywhere. Perhaps it hates me as much as I hate it. Regardless, I did nothing with it today since I didn't have either time or desire. Maybe one day this week, maybe not. At this point I don't give a flying pig poof if it ever works again.

Sorry man, sounds like your about to drive it into the ocean. Hope the dealer can fix her up for you. Hang in there bud.

Oh, man! You really HATE your bike it seems..... Sorry about that! I really hope you get the issues rectified. ! Keep us posted!

Glenbo, this is just free advice, but it has worked for me in in the past.

Sell the bike! Trade it in on something you like. Donate it to a charity and take the tax write off. Do whatever it takes to make sure you never have to mess with it again.

I once had a boat I absolutely hated. Ended up trading it for a bike worth about 20k less than the boat, and to this day I think of that as the best deal I ever made. If you've gotten to the point that every time you look at the bike you get that knot of hatred in your stomach, it's probably time to cut your losses. I can't speak for you or others, but to me the feeling of relief I got from knowing I'd never have to mess with that thing ever again was worth way more than the money I lost in the trade. Of course if you're not to that point, disregard everything I just wrote.

Bob

Glenbo, this is just free advice, but it has worked for me in in the past.

Sell the bike! Trade it in on something you like. Donate it to a charity and take the tax write off. Do whatever it takes to make sure you never have to mess with it again.

I once had a boat I absolutely hated. Ended up trading it for a bike worth about 20k less than the boat, and to this day I think of that as the best deal I ever made. If you've gotten to the point that every time you look at the bike you get that knot of hatred in your stomach, it's probably time to cut your losses. I can't speak for you or others, but to me the feeling of relief I got from knowing I'd never have to mess with that thing ever again was worth way more than the money I lost in the trade. Of course if you're not to that point, disregard everything I just wrote.

Bob

Won't be long, I'm ready to let it go to anyone for absolutely nothing. It is the single most worthless POS I have ever seen in 62 years of roaming Earth, and owning and riding well over 20 motorcycles since 1967. This one must be the lemon Honda decided to make for 2012. The sooner some other sucker has this pig, the better my life will be.

Won't be long, I'm ready to let it go to anyone for absolutely nothing. It is the single most worthless POS I have ever seen in 62 years of roaming Earth, and owning and riding well over 20 motorcycles since 1967. This one must be the lemon Honda decided to make for 2012. The sooner some other sucker has this pig, the better my life will be.

I think the evil soul of my BMW that I traded in for my NCX, somehow got reincarnated into your bike, mate! :eek:

oops...:(

Hi Glenbo I'm really sory that your really unhappy with your bike. It really does seem time to take the financal hit and get something you really like. I didn't dislike my NC but I missed the Deauville so I took the hit and went back to one. I don't regret it.
If you do change I hope that you are much happier with your next choice of ride

I am unable to search the forum for your specific problem with the NCX.
We all know you are unhappy with it, but can you tell us EXACTLY what is wrong with it? I lost the plot.
:(
If it is unsolvable, then sell it and buy a brand new BMW or Aprilla or what have you.
:p

BTW, a certain persona and some other unpleasant events right after I bought the bike and joined a forum, almost led me to jilt this "jinxed" bike. I was so angry and insulted.
But I held on to her because I find lots of joy riding her in the twisty mountain roads here.

Don't let unexpected things or bad people get you down. They are evil in their own way (some do not realise it) and you must overcome them with your own happiness and conquer that devil in your midst.
:D
Take care and God bless.

Last edited:

I'll give you 5 bucks and a Shiner Bock for it.

(back to topic)
Today I went to the inner city (Zurich morning rush hour) with my NCX and all the drivers must be quite pissed cos I was lanesplitting (crawling jam) and I was there under 25 minutes from my home.

Did someone say our NCX is an excellent Citybike? I'd second that view!
:p

( 600 miles) first service today , i have 575 miles 105 $ , 1 hr labor (65$), oil, filter
boy was it a cold ride to dealer today 52 deg ,
I don't have cold riding gear. been trying to time the milage and weather to match.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back