• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Istalled centerstand.the string on spring and rim works like a charm.it even hooked by itself so thanks to whoever posted it.i did it without removing the muffler bolt.and only.dropped the small spring bolt 4 times.

Today....

Decided it was my civic duty to kill bugs today, so I rode 200km and killed as many as I could. Feel like I've done my duty to society today. Then I mounted my front fender extender and my GPS mount. Put my GPS mount right on the frunk, just towards the rider from the key slot for fuel and frunk. Sitting on the bike that just seemed to look like the right spot for me. I mounted a box inside the frunk for glasses and change, those odds and sodds that like to bounce around. Moved my tool kit into that perfectly sized recess under the seat behind the fuel tank, you know the one up by the back brake lights. Also put a gel pad on the seat......

Attachments

• DSCF5523.jpg
    DSCF5523.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF5524.jpg
    DSCF5524.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 199
Did my first run attemp on the Vinyl Wrap. It looks pretty good. I did the toughest piece first. I'm gonna redo it after I finish the rest of the bike.

Please don't take this as a complaint.

Some other people have criticised that I opened this thread to "snatch" some posts away from the "what did you do TO your NC".
So we need to be careful that we are posting here , what we did WITH the NCX, eg: go on a short tour with pictures, took grandpa out, etc.
Your post is more for that main thread.

I know I am herding cats and I may come across as busybody, but I just want to say thank you for posting here, but hopefully some other guys will not pick on this.

:D

Great job on the wrap.
:p

I had a fantastic ride in rural Wisconsin.
uploadfromtaptalk1368905544111.jpg
Mostly two lane... But freeway for 5 miles after I got lost! Then back to some gravel road.... no road seems to phase this bike. I was glad I had independent control of the rear brakes.
uploadfromtaptalk1368905574866.jpg

Last edited:
Please don't take this as a complaint.

Some other people have criticised that I opened this thread to "snatch" some posts away from the "what did you do TO your NC".
So we need to be careful that we are posting here , what we did WITH the NCX, eg: go on a short tour with pictures, took grandpa out, etc.
Your post is more for that main thread.

I know I am herding cats and I may come across as busybody, but I just want to say thank you for posting here, but hopefully some other guys will not pick on this.

:D

Great job on the wrap.

I think you are going to have to dig in for the long haul and grin and bear it, Happy...

I just can't see everybody being able to make that crucial distinction at first glance before posting, and even me who knows about the difference and your well meaning intentions for this thread topic compared to the other one, find myself in a quandary half the time as what really constitutes the "correct" thing I did to versus with, to try and not bugger your thread up, lol :eek:

I think you are going to have to dig in for the long haul and grin and bear it, Happy...

I just can't see everybody being able to make that crucial distinction at first glance before posting, and even me who knows about the difference and your well meaning intentions for this thread topic compared to the other one, find myself in a quandary half the time as what really constitutes the "correct" thing I did to versus with, to try and not bugger your thread up, lol :eek:

I am Happy to see more posts here. But then I am afraid of the Forum Mafia. Some can be very nasty to me.
It was just a FYI.

I rode back from Rockaway Beach Oregon,I rode down on Fri. to spend a few days there.I rode on Hyw 101 most of the way there and back.It's longer than taking the freeway but a much nicer ride.Around 800 miles return on about $50 of gas!!
IMAG0849.jpgIMAG0856.jpg

I took my frunk monkey for a ride after dinner out into the Snohomish river valley. Every time we got to an intersection I'd point one way and say "Home" and another and say "Not Home". She'd yell, "Not Home!" and off we'd go. Eventually the cold and dark beat us but we had a great ride. I can see a Ninja or a CBR in her future for sure. :)

-Broke 70 US MPG today, on the tenth tank put through :D (72.61 to be exact :cool:)

-Rough roads: 1, glass walled Thermos: 0 (future note- make sure you adequately pad breakable things inside aluminum hard panniers, when bouncing along logging roads and 4x4 trails...)

-Thanks, Dale (HondaBikePro) I crunched and smacked into some horrible sounding rocks, I have no doubt whatsoever they would have broken the engine without your skidplate :eek:

-I really do need to put my Rox risers on. Standing up on the pegs for sure made wish the bars were higher and back a bit, for ergo comfort and control help.

-I'm sore and tired, a very fun 356 kilometres worth of off road traveled on one tank of gas, day! ;)

Chehalis may 20 2013.jpg

...-I'm sore and tired, a very fun 356 kilometres worth of off road traveled on one tank of gas, day! ;)

it looks like you are running Avon Distanzias. The seem to have done well for you off road today. How do you like them in general?

I took her for a short trip to the Zurich city because of the obvious jam. But it was raining (light rain).
I do not like riding in the rain, no matter how people say "no wrong weather, only wrong gear".
It was slippery on the roads, I tell ya!

I took her for a short trip to the Zurich city because of the obvious jam. But it was raining (light rain).
I do not like riding in the rain, no matter how people say "no wrong weather, only wrong gear".
It was slippery on the roads, I tell ya!

I get 150 to 200 days of rain a year here. If I don't ride in the rain, i don't ride much. :)

it looks like you are running Avon Distanzias. The seem to have done well for you off road today. How do you like them in general?

Actually, those are just the OEM Metzeler Z8's. A bit hard to tell in the picture.

I am just waiting for a few more wallet transfusions, and some time/energy/inclination to have the Continental TKC 80's I bought a few months ago, finally installed. :D I'm really looking forward to some gnarly grip tires ;)

Stock tires are definitely a bit skittery and heartbeat raising on gravel (especially up any significant slopes) and I've nearly binned it a few times at very low speed muddy spots... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back