• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday road 210 miles to Brunswick, GA for 6 days of work installing some equipment. OCR will show up next Wednesday to ride down to Dayton with me for rest of Bike Week, so this is really the start of my Bike Week trip with an interuption for work on the way.

We will be camping in infield of International Speedway.

Today I wrestled with those pesky preload rings on the top of the shock to increase preload on the spring. Its a real pain to do this even with the proper tools.

Today I wrestled with those pesky preload rings on the top of the shock to increase preload on the spring. Its a real pain to do this even with the proper tools.

After fighting with the bodywork and seemingly 1,000 bolts and plastic fasteners, I sure am glad I sprung (heeheehee) for the optional hydraulic preload gizmo on my Nitron shock :eek:

The two spanner rings on the OEM shock looked like a pain to deal with alright, and to my eye, it didn't look like there was very much available adjustment either.

Today I rode my my NC700x to work for the first time. It was a chilly 29 degrees this morning but afternoon temps supposed to be in the mid 50s!

senave6y.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I rode my cruiser to work today (it was getting jealous of the NC700x); however, I did work on the NC700X some; I did put the new sticker on my license plate, placed a sticky pad on the frunk, installed my new gremlin bell my best friend bought me, and removed my trashcan windshield from the bike, checked the tire pressures and checked the oil-going to ride it tomorrow (Saturday).

Well guys/gals it is 50F out right now and the sun is shinning. I'm taking a long lunch. Gonna go check out the Arkansas back roads for an hour.

I am jealous. Especially with my bike in the parking lot, 35 miles from Florida, 10 miles from the beach but in Brunswick, GA it is 42F, raining and "feels like 38F". Home is 200 miles north and it is warmer there? I'm riding to lunch in someone else's truck. :mad:

Hopefully this is out of the area when heading south with OCR to Daytona next Wednesday. :)

I am jealous. Especially with my bike in the parking lot, 35 miles from Florida, 10 miles from the beach but in Brunswick, GA it is 42F, raining and "feels like 38F". Home is 200 miles north and it is warmer there? I'm riding to lunch in someone else's truck. :mad:

Hopefully this is out of the area when heading south with OCR to Daytona next Wednesday. :)

Don't be too jealous. I went after a couple geocaches in a closed park. Closed as in driving gate is padlocked permanently. It's one of those parks with a very long wooded road back to everything. It been shut for years and over grown. There is a walking trail which starts at the entrance and is guarded by several large rocks to prevent cars from entering but there is a gap wide enough for a motorcycle. I got through that fine and rode around the park. On the way out my front wheel slipped on some wet leaves and thankfully I laid here down in some swampy wet grass. No damage. Just muddy. LOL. Its all good. Still had a good time.

Had a nice 80 mile ride finally.here are some pics(cell phone) must had been 1,000 geese standing on the ice.their feet have to get cold.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394223449632.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394223449632.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 277
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394223476345.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394223476345.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 241
Took the long way from mill in Sterling to hotel in Brunswick. Weather finally breaking up and temp rose to balmy 50F. Here are a couple pics of the Sydney Lanier bridge (named after the poet) over Brunswick river. If you drive an imported car in southeast US it might have gone under this bridge before unloading from ship. I love the artistic beauty of the engineering design of cable stay bridges. In case it comes up as a trivia question this is the longest span bridge in Georgia and the 76th largest cable-stay bridge in the world. (Don't ask me which one is 75th.)

photo 2-8.jpg

IMG_20140307_194431.jpg

Entrance to Jekyll Island Causeway. Jekyll is my wife's favorite beach vacation spot.
IMG_20140307_194516.jpg

PS
Serge, I am not jealous any more. :)

Took it out of winter storage! Had to break the ice away between it and the driveway, but it is free for another season! It's a balmy +4C (39F) today, but it's supposed to be as cool as -10C (14F) this week and we could get another 10-20cm (4-8in) of snow this week. I'm still opimistic I'll be riding very soon though!

PS
Serge, I am not jealous any more. :)

I just got back form an hour and a half lunch break ride. Weather is to good to pass it up. It is there fault they made me work today.

I like the Jekyll Island sign. If I could choose a name for a place to live that might be in the top 10.

I just got back form an hour and a half lunch break ride. Weather is to good to pass it up. It is there fault they made me work today.

I like the Jekyll Island sign. If I could choose a name for a place to live that might be in the top 10.

Trying to make me jealous again aren't you. Absolutely perfect weather here after 4 days of rain. 12 hour installation schedule so arriving and leaving in the dark. Went to lunch but with mill manager and maintenance superintendent so road in manager's truck.

Jekyll Island used to be a winter retreat for a select few wealthy folks from up north. It is also where the Federal Reserve was born in 1910.

Forbes magazine founder Bertie Charles Forbes said:
Picture a party of the nation's greatest bankers stealing out of New York on a private railroad car under cover of darkness, stealthily riding hundred of miles South, embarking on a mysterious launch, sneaking onto an island deserted by all but a few servants, living there a full week under such rigid secrecy that the names of not one of them was once mentioned, lest the servants learn the identity and disclose to the world this strangest, most secret expedition in the history of American finance. I am not romancing; I am giving to the world, for the first time, the real story of how the famous Aldrich currency report, the foundation of our new currency system, was written... The utmost secrecy was enjoined upon all. The public must not glean a hint of what was to be done. Senator Aldrich notified each one to go quietly into a private car of which the railroad had received orders to draw up on an unfrequented platform. Off the party set. New York's ubiquitous reporters had been foiled... Nelson (Aldrich) had confided to Henry, Frank, Paul, and Piatt that he was to keep them locked up at Jekyll Island, out of the rest of the world, until they had evolved and compiled a scientific currency system for the United States, the real birth of the present Federal Reserve System, the plan done on Jekyll Island in the conference with Paul, Frank, and Henry... Warburg is the link that binds the Aldrich system and the present system together. He more than any one man has made the system possible as a working reality

Today the "Club" still exists as a hotel and historic district. There are several hotels on the Atlantic side of the island. It is a great place to spend a quiet beach vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back