• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave,
What is the length of the wires included with this power outlet? Is there a fuse in the circuit included with the power outlet? If yes, how many amps? If not, what size (amps) fuse should I use?
Thanks

The wire was plenty long enough to reach the battery terminals and have some to bundle up and tuck out of the way. I'll have to check out the fuse after I get back in town after the Thanksgiving holidays. The fuse holder is positioned so that it easy to get to. I'll pull it and let you know.

Dave,
What is the length of the wires included with this power outlet? Is there a fuse in the circuit included with the power outlet? If yes, how many amps? If not, what size (amps) fuse should I use?
Thanks

Sorry for jumping into the conversation, but the 12 volt socket rating is 10 amps, according to the product specs. Long ago I install what appears to be the same item. There was an in-line fuse holder in the included harness close enough to the jacks that I can access the fuse at the handlebars. I don't recall the fuse size I used, but it seems like 10 amps would be appropriate.

Sorry for jumping into the conversation, but the 12 volt socket rating is 10 amps, according to the product specs. Long ago I install what appears to be the same item. There was an in-line fuse holder in the included harness close enough to the jacks that I can access the fuse at the handlebars. I don't recall the fuse size I used, but it seems like 10 amps would be appropriate.
Yes the fuse holder is at the handlebars. You can see it to the right of the ignition switch.

Installed a USB/12v cigarette lighter power port after work this afternoon. Easy 15 minute job for anyone but me. ;) I always seem to drop something and it falls into the nether regions of the bike and I have to start removing plastic panels in order to reach it. Anyway, here it is.

View attachment 27618

Here's the Amazon link for it. Amazon.com: Motorcycles Fittings Power Port USB Cables Charger Socket Power Port Fit For Honda NC700 S/X 2012: Automotive

I like that one.
The pic on Amazon does not show a fuse holder that I can see but I guess it has one.

Yes the fuse holder is at the handlebars. You can see it to the right of the ignition switch.

Handy maybe, but it leaves the wiring run unprotected in the case of physical damage to the wire - something that happens way too frequently with added circuits on motorcycles. Best practice is to fuse it as close as possible to the power tap so that the conductors to the device are protected as well as the device itself. As far as convenience, the fuse should never blow unless there is a problem, and that should not happen frequently enough to really care if the fuse is right there where you can see it.

Found a DOT map of NC gravel roads. More than I thought in my neck of the woods.

1128151301a_zpsh7woqvkk.jpg

Added a heated jacket liner and gloves to the mix. Made it a whole different experience Saturday morning and night while out riding. Cold weather be damned, only snow, ice and rain will keep me from riding now. Snow and ice because of dangerous conditions, rain because I just dont like riding in it.

I Almost Made It To The Breakfast Meeting

When I left the house Sunday morning to go to my clubs monthly meeting it was foggy and cold, about 28 F. The sun came out just south of Barre and I thought the fog would be burned off. It got foggy again by the time I got to Randolph and stayed foggy for the rest of the day. I was doing fine until I got to Exit 3 on I-89 when the indicator light on my Gerbing's heat controller stopped blinking. I kept going while I tried to get it working again and finally stopped at Tozier's right after my heat controller quit completely on me. The thought of riding through Killington with no heat convinced me to turn around. I did not go into the restaurant which was open to warm up. I guess I had made my mind up to go home and went. At first I couldn't get the bike to start after stopping at T's. I found I had hit the kill switch by accident. I had some heat with a little voltage coming through but not enough to make me anywhere near comfortable. I spent an hour at the Bethel McDonalds on Exit 3 to warm up before I headed home. I had half a dozen hand and toe warmers stashed in various places around the bike and stuffed my pockets and boots with them. I took Route 66 to Route 14 north figuring the Interstate would be too cold of a ride. Speed bleeds heat. It is amazing to me to see so many people drive in pea soup fog driving with no lights on. After I got home I finally put the bike away on December 6th where last year I had to put it away on November 7th. My bike will have company this winter with Max's Rebel sitting right next to it. As cold as I was it was still a great day for a ride and I'm happy I tried. :) Happy Hanukkah!

This is 99.9 % recycled from a Facebook post

The view from McDonalds.

IMG_1002.jpg

Two bikes in the shed.
IMG_1007.jpg

Better late than never, I ordered the center stand for my NC. With a chain replacement and oil change and coming up, it was time to get the center stand to allow for these maintenance items. Should have it midweek next week.

davidc83 - I am hoping you will still be able to assist in getting it mounted on the bike.

Sure, we can do it. You got a rachet strap (I have one somewhere if needed). Let me know when (weekends are better).

I do not have one. Weekends are better, but it looks like it will be here on the 14th, so we will see what that next weekend looks like, weather-wise. Appreciate it!

I Almost Made It To The Breakfast Meeting

When I left the house Sunday morning to go to my clubs monthly meeting it was foggy and cold, about 28 F. The sun came out just south of Barre and I thought the fog would be burned off. It got foggy again by the time I got to Randolph and stayed foggy for the rest of the day. I was doing fine until I got to Exit 3 on I-89 when the indicator light on my Gerbing's heat controller stopped blinking. I kept going while I tried to get it working again and finally stopped at Tozier's right after my heat controller quit completely on me. The thought of riding through Killington with no heat convinced me to turn around. I did not go into the restaurant which was open to warm up. I guess I had made my mind up to go home and went. At first I couldn't get the bike to start after stopping at T's. I found I had hit the kill switch by accident. I had some heat with a little voltage coming through but not enough to make me anywhere near comfortable. I spent an hour at the Bethel McDonalds on Exit 3 to warm up before I headed home. I had half a dozen hand and toe warmers stashed in various places around the bike and stuffed my pockets and boots with them. I took Route 66 to Route 14 north figuring the Interstate would be too cold of a ride. Speed bleeds heat. It is amazing to me to see so many people drive in pea soup fog driving with no lights on. After I got home I finally put the bike away on December 6th where last year I had to put it away on November 7th. My bike will have company this winter with Max's Rebel sitting right next to it. As cold as I was it was still a great day for a ride and I'm happy I tried. :) Happy Hanukkah!
HaHa you will laugh as I live in FL but this true. I got into the habit of riding with a Gerbing liner over a L/S shirt as long as it was above 40 degrees or so. I'm in Gerbing at 55 F. Mesh jacket with wind liner over that. On a day ride the Gerbing harness failed two hours from home and I got very cold in those two hours. I very nearly stopped to buy a sweatshirt just a little while from the house. It taught me to carry a fleece or extra layer even a thin one in saddlebag or topbox.

I do not have one. Weekends are better, but it looks like it will be here on the 14th, so we will see what that next weekend looks like, weather-wise. Appreciate it!
I've installed several centerstand springs - two on my NCs. I use a short piece of coat hanger wire bent in a hook and that clamped in the jaws of a pair of Vice-Grips. The Vice Grips give me enough to hold ontp and pull while turning the spring hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back