• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better late than never, I ordered the center stand for my NC. With a chain replacement and oil change and coming up, it was time to get the center stand to allow for these maintenance items. Should have it midweek next week.

Don't forget that some people install it following the alternate instructions from Honda (included with the stand). Hook the springs on first, start inserting the pivot shaft on one end, with two hands lever the stand into alignment while you have a helper (wife, child, neighbor) tap the pivot shaft in with a mallet. No need to fuss with stretching and hooking the springs over the peg.

Don't forget that some people install it following the alternate instructions from Honda (included with the stand). Hook the springs on first, start inserting the pivot shaft on one end, with two hands lever the stand into alignment while you have a helper (wife, child, neighbor) tap the pivot shaft in with a mallet. No need to fuss with stretching and hooking the springs over the peg.

That's how I did it, minus helper. It was a negative number on a 1-10 scale for ease, lol.

Yep worked for me.

I did it by myself; 20 minutes from start to finish, including getting the tools together and putting tools back. I inserted the pivot shaft first, the used ratchet strap method to install the springs. I hooked the springs on the front, then attached ratchet strap to back of springs using a loop of 200# trout line, hooked the other end of ratchet strap to lawn mower, moved lawn mower back to take out the slack and then ratcheted the springs and hooked them into place. I didn't have to loosen the muffler or anything to insert that rear spring holder (thin fingers/small hands :)).

I installed these simple highway pegs onto my Kappa crash bars. I went small and cheap because I didn't want to add a lot of unnecessary weight to the bike, and I'm not a highway peg rider. However, on 500 mile days, I need to shift my position occasionally for a minute or so to keep the buttocks from going numb. The pegs, when mounted to the Kappa (same as Givi) bars, are a bit too high and forward if you were to want to actually ride that way for awhile, but for my purpose they are fine.

These pegs were only $24 shipped for the pair, but you get what you pay for. The bolts shipped were too long; I had to cut 3/8 inch off them. The bolt head is an odd size for a Japanese motorcycle - 16mm, I believe. There were no washers included; I bought a stainless steel lock and two flats for each side. The paint is so-so. The paint on the post where the pegs pivot to fold chipped off immediately. I also added a strip of black plastic under the clamps to protect the paint on the bars. It might have been something left over from the Kappa bars installation.

Even though these are advertised as "anti vibration", I don't see any element to the design that would reduce vibration. They're just solid. There is an insert, but it doesn't contact your boot.

In summary, they do what I wanted.

Link: Amazon.com: Black Anti-Vibrate Engine Guard Foot Pegs + Clamps For Suzuki V-Strom Vstrom 650: Automotive

100_9822.jpg
100_9821.jpg

Last edited:
My Acerbis vision handguards arrived in the mail last night. I did a test fit to see what I need to do to get them set up how I want. Some machining of the bar end weights is in order and I will need a couple little odds and ends to get it how I want. They are surprisingly bright for a claimed 4 watt, 150 lumen light.

I will probably get it properly installed after Christmas.

And I dropped the NC onto a snowmobile doing something pretty stupid and pointless. no damage to the snowmobile and only a couple shallow scratches on the NC plastics.

I added barkbusters. i was using those jc witney wind guards that mount to the mirror

b368cc4711fd1fc99e85cbd75d77a8fe.jpg

I installed these simple highway pegs onto my Kappa crash bars. I went small and cheap because I didn't want to add a lot of unnecessary weight to the bike, and I'm not a highway peg rider. However, on 500 mile days, I need to shift my position occasionally for a minute or so to keep the buttocks from going numb. The pegs, when mounted to the Kappa (same as Givi) bars, are a bit too high and forward if you were to want to actually ride that way for awhile, but for my purpose they are fine.

These pegs were only $24 shipped for the pair, but you get what you pay for. The bolts shipped were too long; I had to cut 3/8 inch off them. The bolt head is an odd size for a Japanese motorcycle - 16mm, I believe. There were no washers included; I bought a stainless steel lock and two flats for each side. The paint is so-so. The paint on the post where the pegs pivot to fold chipped off immediately. I also added a strip of black plastic under the clamps to protect the paint on the bars. It might have been something left over from the Kappa bars installation.

Even though these are advertised as "anti vibration", I don't see any element to the design that would reduce vibration. They're just solid. There is an insert, but it doesn't contact your boot.

In summary, they do what I wanted.

Link: Amazon.com: Black Anti-Vibrate Engine Guard Foot Pegs + Clamps For Suzuki V-Strom Vstrom 650: Automotive

Nice.

I have basically the same outlook- I'm not a highway peg kind of rider, as in 99.99999 % of the time I don't want them or care for the look, but occasionally when the old knees or butt are complaining, I like to be able to have an alternate position for a few miles to break the pressure points.

I'm still dreaming of making "stealth" pegs somehow attached to the engine bars, that are as invisible to observation as possible, when not in use. They wouldn't be foot pegs per se; but more like a short section of half shell tubing that folds up flush on the Givi tube. I have no need for anti vibe or rubber grippy stuff etc., merely a primitive physical object in roughly the correct spots to rest my boots on for a brief period.

But I am soo lazy...:rolleyes: :eek:

I installed these simple highway pegs onto my Kappa crash bars.

I am interested in these items. My reason is that occasionally I need to stretch my right leg as the replacement knee gets a little cramped after being bent at NC angles for long periods. I tried Touratech items but they didn't work as they twisted on the bar under the weight of my leg. I suppose one cure would be to drill through the clamp and into the crashbar to utilise a self tapping locating screw. Do you have any issue with it moving under your leg weight ?

Today I rode the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia. This is one of the great rides in this country, and for good reason. Great curves, incredible views, and many points to stop make it a great road. I've driven it in my car and enjoyed it, but it was a whole new experience on the NC.
If you ever get to Australia, I encourage you to take the ride. But if you do it on a Friday, make sure you head west to east. Lots of holiday vans heading the other way.

I am interested in these items. My reason is that occasionally I need to stretch my right leg as the replacement knee gets a little cramped after being bent at NC angles for long periods. I tried Touratech items but they didn't work as they twisted on the bar under the weight of my leg. I suppose one cure would be to drill through the clamp and into the crashbar to utilise a self tapping locating screw. Do you have any issue with it moving under your leg weight ?

It required considerable torque on the clamp bolt to prevent the peg from rotating on the bar tubing. Part of that may be due to the plastic protector sheet I installed under the clamp. On my test ride the clamps did not shift, but I intend to monitor the bolt tightness for awhile. Installing a set screw or pin would be effective, but a last resort

I ended up drilling and putting in a screw to hold my pegs in place.

Same here. I have the same pair of pegs, except mine are chrome, on my bike. I put a small self tapping bolt through the straps to hold the pegs in place. I was afraid I was going to snap the bolt in two if I kept cranking on it.

I installed some farkle mount mirror extenders. They are nicely made and look to be a great addition. I was tired of the mirror stems hitting my new madstad.
Suzuki Mirror Extenders - AdventureTech, LLC.
I installed the farkle side on the right, I do not think the handbrake would be able to engage fully with the farkle mount over it.

Thanks Fuzzy for posting about them a while back!

installed the sw motech skid plate, i had to trim a little by the center stand. i also had to file the holes to give me about 1/8" slack for the holes to line up. only took me 2 hours for install.

056a68d81714c6de5d20a019280286a4.jpg

i also installed fork boots

20632ab482ae8a14449d370f6ce3cc37.jpg

Last edited:
Center stand installed thanks to David! Big kudos for the assist. Man, should have done that ages ago. Now, I can order the chain and sprockets and get the rear (parking) brakes ordered and replaced. Completely possible to do at home now.

I see you needed your persuader, (HAMMER), to coax some parts!

installed the sw motech skid plate, i had to trim a little by the center stand. i also had to file the holes to give me about 1/8" slack for the holes to line up. only took me 2 hours for install.

056a68d81714c6de5d20a019280286a4.jpg

i also installed fork boots

20632ab482ae8a14449d370f6ce3cc37.jpg

I see a few pieces needed some persuasion!:rolleyes:
Nice job!

I took my bike out of the shed today to bring it to a car wash to wash off the accumulated crud from riding almost frozen dirt roads last week.

DSCF2331.jpg

I took it for a ride afterwards to blow the moisture off. It is very warm here for December 13th, it was 46F when I left the house.

DSCF2335.jpg
DSCF2337.jpg

None of the small ponds I passed today had any hint of ice on them. There is no snow on the ground, not even at the higher altitudes. The picture above is of the Knapp State Airport 5 miles from my house. The airport is at 1165 feet above sea level. The only small amount of snow that can be seen on the mountainsides is on the ski slopes where snow making takes place.

Last edited:
Center stand installed thanks to David! Big kudos for the assist. Man, should have done that ages ago. Now, I can order the chain and sprockets and get the rear (parking) brakes ordered and replaced. Completely possible to do at home now.

Ordered the chain and sprockets as well as the brake pads. Will attempt to put them all on this coming weekend, may have to pull in some assistance for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back