• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a link to the US based manufactures website for this product, Koso Ambient Temperature Guage.

To answer your questions:

1. I took a lot of picture during my install to create an album. However I will be headed out of town tomorrow all of next week, so I will not have the time to process those images and post them at this time. It's mounted with adhesive tape.

2. It's wired into the bikes wiring. My install took longer then most, as I did not want to "Hack" into the bikes harness. I came up with a solution that did not require me to do so. I made a wiring slip harness for the DC Accessory port. A simple "Plug-n-Play" electrical connection.

This looks like the same gauge footprint that would fit in the Grom handlebar mount, which I hear is compatible with the NC. Since I have 12 volts available at my handlebars already, this may be another way to go.

image.jpg

Taking advantage of a sunny 55deg Christmas Day I went for a ride!

I was out exploring gravel roads I haven't been on before and came upon the Rainbow bridge on the small section of Route 66 that rules through SouthEast Kansas.

Happy Holiday Everyone!

Attachments

• Rainbow Bridge 1.jpg
    Rainbow Bridge 1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Rainbow Bridge 2.jpg
    Rainbow Bridge 2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 272
Taking advantage of a sunny 55deg Christmas Day I went for a ride!

I was out exploring gravel roads I haven't been on before and came upon the Rainbow bridge on the small section of Route 66 that rules through SouthEast Kansas.

Happy Holiday Everyone!

Cool! That's not far from me. I'll have to check that out one day. Thanks!
Obligatory pic.
Screenshot_2015-12-23-21-42-27-1.jpg

Last edited:
Might be my last update in here for 2015, with 2016 around the corner. This last week I was able to get the rear wheel off, front sprocket changed, rear sprocket changed and to replace the parking brake pads (dumbass me rode home with it engaged one night) and a new chain. I have put right at 12,000 miles on this year, and the chain needed adjusting 3 times in as many weeks and there were some kinks and all, so went ahead and swapped it all out. The sprockets were still in very good shape, and would have probably been good for most of this coming riding season, but meh, all is good now. This was also my first real maintenance, and only required a little assistance in cutting off the old chain and braking the bolts on the rear sprocket. Thank god for the center stand and a large community of wrenchers with all kinds of tools! It is nice to have my back back together and ride-able again! Especially with a schedule New Years Ride!

Some images from the whole repair.

Sadly, I left it parked while I went for a fast boxing day ride with a buddy.

It was colder out here in California than it was in Georgia! Started the ride at about 45F, and ended it at 55F.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I got a quick ride in today after we got back from our Christmas visit with my daughter and her in-laws down in the Ft. Myers area of Florida. I took the Triumph and the NC out for an hour apiece. It's official, I enjoy riding the NC more. It's just a great bike.

Rainy, miserable day here. Good day to install Santa's farkles...

bracket.jpg

front off.jpg

switch.jpg

About 50% brightness:

dim.jpg

High beams and 100%:

bright.jpg

Cheapy Amazon LED lights with ADV Monster mounts and rotary dimmer. I ran a bead of silicone around the edges of the lights as suggested by Strat, seems water ingress is the biggest complaint on these cheap lights. Worst case, if they fail, I can just replace them easily with a better quality light. The mounts and switch should be solid, good quality stuff if you believe the reviews of them.

trey

Had a Ride to Eat today, when plans were being made I requested the destination to be nearby so I would have a chance of making it. Restaurant only 5-10 miles down the road was chosen, so I hopped on the NC for the first time since back surgery (Nov 18th). Not my brightest idea, even with the upgraded suspension there was too much bouncing going on, but made it there and had a good meal and talked - mostly listened - bikes. The stoplights were mostly cooperative on my way home, so I was able to stand a good portion of it and let my knees take the bumps instead of my back. It was good to get out for a ride (especially late December in PA), but I think I'll give it another few weeks before trying that again.

I did chain maintenance yesterday. Tired of this rain in southern Indiana; it has been raining since Wednesday afternoon and more rain today. arghh. 70 degrees the past 4 days and too many t-storms to ride....winter is moving in now and New Years day, highs are forecasted in the 30's...

Installed the triumph fork guards:

C0AD3A3A-0E3E-43FC-BBAB-341E0310B70F_zps591l7ttp.jpg

I have the Triumph fork guards, too. They fit/work great.

If I recall correctly, if you have the Honda light bar, there can be interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back