• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the 705s heavier than the Anakees? I put A3s on my Tiger and they weighed 20% more than the original Pirelli Scorpion Trails. The rear weighed 10 lbs to the Scorpion's 8. That surprised me a lot.

Are the 705s heavier than the Anakees? I put A3s on my Tiger and they weighed 20% more than the original Pirelli Scorpion Trails. The rear weighed 10 lbs to the Scorpion's 8. That surprised me a lot.

I wish I'd weighed them... I'm not sure. I'll have to poke around and see if Shinko or Michelin list weight. The A3 was a royal PITA to mount, and almost as equally a pain to remove. The Shinko was easier in that regard, but still stiffer than a street tire.

I think most of the heavy feeling I'm getting is from the front. A new 705 definitely weighs more than a worn out ContiMotion...

trey

Since it was a nice day went for a ride to try and get a photo of my shadow for the Tag Game, stopped a couple different places to got some pictures, then kept on riding a while. It was quite windy and I was getting blown all over the road plus it was getting cloudy, I was glad I had already stopped to get my shadow photos. The temperature was also dropping fast, I stopped by a nearby lake to change from sunglasses to my regular ones also to put on heaver gloves. Since I was stopped I took a picture of the bike by the Lake to use for the new tag, I had planned on using a photo that I already had of it parked in front of an old abandoned building. By the time I got home it was raining, You know what they say about Missouri weather, if you don't like it, stick around 30 minutes, It'll change, sometimes for the better or like today, for the worse.

These photos were taken today locally. If one was in the same locality right now (about 8 hours later) one would have difficulty keeping a footing. We are just on the outer perimeter of an Atlantic storm. Accordingly the shots are actually the calm before the storm. It was actually cool and quite breezy and the winds were getting going. Nice trip though........

P1040631.jpg

P1040636.jpg

P1040637.jpg

Have a look on Google maps under "Sally Gap" Co Wicklow Ireland. I was in that locality. The FPO (Wife) has just suggested that I go out again this minute. Selfish motives of course as She doesn't want me under her feet when busy. Ah well, needs must........

Beautiful photos, Griff! Do you have to venture far from home to reach that magnificent scenery? I like that it appears largely unspoiled by humans.

what did I do today?

re-did all the wiring under the seat. Used heavier, shorter wires and better connectors.
The extra wiring under there makes the six different lights on the back work correctly:

lights that are on all the time then brightest when brake applied: 4
on all the time, bright as they can be: 2

Beautiful photos, Griff! Do you have to venture far from home to reach that magnificent scenery? I like that it appears largely unspoiled by humans.

I only have to travel 11kms to be in the thick of it. However it is more or less on my doorstep. The Irish Sea is on the other side of where I live.

As mentioned above I continued part two today after I was more or less asked to leave the premises :D It wasn't looking too good in the first pic with snow and sleet and driving winds. However as the spin progressed things got better and it turned out a lovely day albeit cold. 130kms covered in all. That will be topped off with a nice meal tonight and a glass or two of wine. Tbh, life couldn't be much better than that :cool:

P1040638.jpg

P1040640.jpg

P1040642.jpg

P1040646.jpg

P1040648.jpg

Griff, you're killing me with those awesome photos.

All I could show you is some flat land plowed corn fields and some brown, leafless trees.

Last edited:
Griff, you're killing me with those awesome photos.

All I could show is some flat land plowed corn fields and some brown, leafless trees.

Ah, but Your horizons are vast compared to mine. I often look at pics that members from your side of the pond put up here, and am extremely envious. I am looking at the "Get out to Garrapata" clips at the moment and wishing I was there. :D

Great looking roads John. I will be over there in 2016 so I will be in touch for some tips.

Install my last Farkle of the year on NaNCy, a Koso Ambient Temperature Gauge

That's a nice, clean install. Links to the product? Picture of the display that better shows how it's mounted? Is it wired to the bike battery or self contained?

Last edited:
That's a nice, clean install. Links to the product? Picture of the display that better shows how it's mounted? Is it wired to the bike battery or self contained?

THX and Merry Christmas to all... :eek:

Here's a link to the US based manufactures website for this product, Koso Ambient Temperature Guage.

To answer your questions:

1. I took a lot of picture during my install to create an album. However I will be headed out of town tomorrow all of next week, so I will not have the time to process those images and post them at this time. It's mounted with adhesive tape.

2. It's wired into the bikes wiring. My install took longer then most, as I did not want to "Hack" into the bikes harness. I came up with a solution that did not require me to do so. I made a wiring slip harness for the DC Accessory port. A simple "Plug-n-Play" electrical connection.

Here's a preview for you all.

IMG_4704.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

IMG_4715.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4720.jpg

Have a look on Google maps under "Sally Gap" Co Wicklow Ireland. I was in that locality. The FPO (Wife) has just suggested that I go out again this minute. Selfish motives of course as She doesn't want me under her feet when busy. Ah well, needs must........

I'm spending time with my son in law's family here in Florida and I showed them your photos. They're from Dublin and they were familiar with Sally Gap. We're looking at a trip over there next summer. It would be great if I was able to rent a bike and do a little riding when we are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back