• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheated on my NC today. Hubby needed dirt tires put on his new Tenere before death valley Thursday and wanted me to try it out while it was still wearing its street shoes. So I took the tenner up to the shop just a few miles away.
Actually that's the second time I've cheated on Chupa this month - on the 8th I ride a rented dirt bike for a Motoventures course (okay, half a course...then I made a concerted effort to break my femur and had to bow out). Maybe I'll take the NC out tomorrow and get the battery charged up...

Weather was great here in SoCal this morning, with just a bit of marine layer lurking around.
It cleared up nicely by the time I got over to the Los Angeles harbor area so I got a nice shot of my NC700 X-DCT
in front of a Carnival Cruise ship with their terminal, the former Hughes Spruce Goose hanger/museum.
The orange stacks on the left belong to the Queen Mary.
BTW, I'm pretty sure that "No Parking" sign wasn't intended for ME :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMGP1098-1.jpg
    IMGP1098-1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 315
Did 25 miles off pavement exploring some local dirt roads. Started off fine with roads well maintained and no problems from recent rains. Then got on one with more mud than I planned to ride. Managed to keep it upright but did turn my boots red with Georgia clay. Challenge in wet slippery red Georgia clay, steering in ruts the width of a single car wheel with 6+ inches of soft mud either side. Turned around at one intersection that was a quagmire. Would have probably been off in mud over a foot deep pushing my street tires through and that after probably having laid myself down in it. Would at least have been a soft landing. :)

Unfortunately had disconnected my camera when I took it in for service and forgot to plug it back in. I know without pictures it didn't happen. :(

Put the skid plate and myself to the test today on a group ride with a bunch of smaller bikes.
Missed it on video but found the NC can forge water as high as the front tire. One of the guys took some pics so hopefully I'll have those in a few days.

[video=youtube_share;4KCkOxmswGk]http://youtu.be/4KCkOxmswGk[/video]

Put the skid plate and myself to the test today on a group ride with a bunch of smaller bikes.
Missed it on video but found the NC can forge water as high as the front tire. One of the guys took some pics so hopefully I'll have those in a few days.

[video=youtube_share;4KCkOxmswGk]http://youtu.be/4KCkOxmswGk[/video]

Bama, I'm not sure, but it may be time to purchase a full blown off road bike. I'm amazed at what you'r able to do on the NC. Keep riding and keep posting, I enjoy the photos and videos.

Bama, I'm not sure, but it may be time to purchase a full blown off road bike. I'm amazed at what you'r able to do on the NC. Keep riding and keep posting, I enjoy the photos and videos.

If things work out a CRF250L will be purchased next year for my daughter to ride and for me to ride on these types of trails though in celebration of turning 50 next year I'm planning on taking the NC to do the COBDR so I'm considering this training.

Here is a shot of my camp. Everything worked GREAT! Only a couple tweaks. I went with a full load out for 5 days, so I know I can carry the weight easy enough. Some of the stuff was extra and wont be needed. But, I know what IS needed.
img_2916.jpg

img_2914.jpg

This last shot was from an overlook along the Nada Tunnel Overlook. Was beautiful!

img_2910.jpg

If things work out a CRF250L will be purchased next year for my daughter to ride and for me to ride on these types of trails though in celebration of turning 50 next year I'm planning on taking the NC to do the COBDR so I'm considering this training.

That will be loads of fun. When you get the CRF I'd like to go off road with you. I have a KDX that I really enjoy. I've rode the Magazine off road area, white rock, and several other area ORV parks. I don't have the magic button you will have, and I got almost 10 years on you, BUT I still like to play.

That was quite the thump at about 2:50.

A different kind of Wolf Pen Gap road:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMl_-xVnle8

There were a few good thumps. Back tire came off the ground more than once.

I need to find that Wolf Pen Gap road. Looks like it may be in Missouri.
Wolf Pen Gap is GA 180 from GA 60in Suches to IS 129. Great ride and known as the Georgia Dragon. Part of an awesome 32 mile loop known as the Cooler Run all left turns on GA 60, US 19, US 129 and GA 180.

When you come to Georgia, I'll return the favor and shown you around a bit. Two Wheels of Suches is the place to stay.

Wolf Pen Gap is GA 180 from GA 60in Suches to IS 129. Great ride and known as the Georgia Dragon. Part of an awesome 32 mile loop known as the Cooler Run all left turns on GA 60, US 19, US 129 and GA 180.

When you come to Georgia, I'll return the favor and shown you around a bit. Two Wheels of Suches is the place to stay.
Thanks Fuzzy. I couldn't get the video to stop where I could get a good view of the road signs. Northern Georgia is beautiful area.

5 Stars, dude! :cool:

That was some awesome footage :D I'm wearing out my Like button here, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back