• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: I sold that windscreen and did a test ride today.

Other than it's somewhat ungainly appearance, the Madstad is absolutely great and works exactly as advertised. A couple minor quirks: 1) light from the headlight illuminates the screen's top edge and reflects a tiny bit of light at the bottom just above the mounting plate. Could be a distraction at night. I'm sure there's an easy fix for it, just don't know what yet. And 2), like others have said, there is a mysterious little breeze that hits the chin from below.

Neither quirk takes away from the excellent wind protection and quiet ride (Damn engine can be noisy though ;) ).

I'm at max low height and want to try and lower the windscreen another inch or so. From today's testing it shouldn't impact function but should help in the looks department.

I ordered screen mine from Madstad undrilled, and mounted it about 1.5 inches lower than their stock position, mainly because I thought it looked better, secondly because I didn't ever see raising as high as they would have it go. However, this exaggerated the headlight and running light reflection/distraction. I painted the backside of the lower two inches of the windscreen textured flat black, including the edges. The bottom edge will conduct orange light up from the running lights if left unpainted. See mine on the left in this photo:
View attachment 17647

And as Fuzzy noted, the Madstad seemed to do a good job of melting your snow, too, based on your before/after photos. ;)

Last edited:
Loaded her and her big cousin up in a rented pickup, headed for Death Valley. Hubby noticed as he was tightening straps that I may have a leak in the line going to my preload adjuster. Blargh. Will take a closer look tomorrow.

:eek: Auugh! Dude, that sucks :(

What was the cause of the oil leak, do you know?

If your bike is still under warranty, (and the problem wasn't your fault) doesn't such big damage pretty much mean you have to, and want to, take it back so they will repair it with no charge to you?

Best of luck, and please keep us up to date with how it goes!

Unfortunately it was worst than I supposed. Big damage. I am regret to say that it is totally my fault. I was almost drunk :( I cant keep my balance while driving with low speed in heavy traffic. I don't remember how I felt :( But I kept riding even if all oil run out. Anyway, hopefully I survived with little injuries due to high level protection. But I have a very big purple circle around my pelvis :) and leg also another one back of my knee.
I pushed the button and all repairs on process. I made the first advance payment for purchasing of Spare Parts.

For the first time in my life, I made a very big mistake :) I dont drive car when I drink but this time, I couldnt realize level of drink. I rember everything but some parts are totally blank :)

Ok everything for human :) I am alive :) and have good lesson :) Never ride when you drink :)

That looks good! Nice, clean install. I have some RAM items coming for my Garmin this week - will be similar but uses a ball that is center-drilled and uses a replacement bolt to replace one of the handlebar clamp bolts. RAM stuff seems good quality.

My rear softbag plate should be here tomorrow before my trip on Saturday - this will be very nice, wont have to undo everything to get to the tank this time.

Last night went to the first official (and big) Louisville Vintage Motoworks Bike Night. The weather was supposed to be rainy and cold yesterday, but instead was a near perfect day. Low of 60, high of 75. Granted, I don't have a vintage bike, but that doesn't matter, I know some of them from a while back, and they are the ones who pointed me in the direction of the NC and gave me the final nudge into buying it. With the spot I chose in the lot, a lot of people were coming by my NC and a few guys were asking very specific questions on the mileage, the handling and the DCT especially. It was nice to be able to contribute to bike nite without hanging back with no bike at all. The one guy with the most questions has been struggling over getting an NC, but had not met anyone outside the dealer in the area who actually owned one. Hopefully we will have another NC rider in the area soon.

img_0410.jpg

Ok everything for human :) I am alive :) and have good lesson :) Never ride when you drink :)

Ouch! :( Good on you for admitting a mistake like this so honestly

If this is the worst thing that happened to teach a valuable life lesson that will change how you look at drinking and operating a vehicle, I would consider it a very cheap one, and thank your lucky stars it wasn't a really bad one involving other people and maybe deaths!

I'm not judging; everyone has done things they really shouldn't at least once in their lives, usually escaping with little consequence, but sometimes the rest of their lives are ruined. I hope you never have to worry about this kind of decision again, and know for the future to take a taxi or something :)

Let us know how the repairs go, and ride safe and sober, buddy!

My rear softbag plate should be here tomorrow before my trip on Saturday - this will be very nice, wont have to undo everything to get to the tank this time.

Last night went to the first official (and big) Louisville Vintage Motoworks Bike Night. The weather was supposed to be rainy and cold yesterday, but instead was a near perfect day. Low of 60, high of 75. Granted, I don't have a vintage bike, but that doesn't matter, I know some of them from a while back, and they are the ones who pointed me in the direction of the NC and gave me the final nudge into buying it. With the spot I chose in the lot, a lot of people were coming by my NC and a few guys were asking very specific questions on the mileage, the handling and the DCT especially. It was nice to be able to contribute to bike nite without hanging back with no bike at all. The one guy with the most questions has been struggling over getting an NC, but had not met anyone outside the dealer in the area who actually owned one. Hopefully we will have another NC rider in the area soon.

img_0410.jpg

Deckyon, we will have another one in our midst this weekend. The CEO of the company I work for bought a new DCT the other day, but he got the faster red one :). He is picking it up either tomorrow or Saturday. Of course I volunteered to come down and ride it home for him if he didn't want to ride it in the cold :)

Deckyon, we will have another one in our midst this weekend. The CEO of the company I work for bought a new DCT the other day, but he got the faster red one :). He is picking it up either tomorrow or Saturday. Of course I volunteered to come down and ride it home for him if he didn't want to ride it in the cold :)

We will have to get him out and riding asap!

I ordered screen mine from Madstad undrilled, and mounted it about 1.5 inches lower than their stock position, mainly because I thought it looked better, secondly because I didn't ever see raising as high as they would have it go. However, this exaggerated the headlight and running light reflection/distraction. I painted the backside of the lower two inches of the windscreen textured flat black, including the edges. The bottom edge will conduct orange light up from the running lights if left unpainted. See mine on the left in this photo:
View attachment 17647

And as Fuzzy noted, the Madstad seemed to do a good job of melting your snow, too, based on your before/after photos. ;)

I adjusted the screen angle to 60 degrees (from 55 degrees) and the light reflection at the bottom was gone. The light at the very top was barely noticeable. It was a dark cloudy day so if light had been present I think I would have seen it.

I may order a second shield (undrilled) and play with it. But I suspect it will be $150 plus for a replacement. I'd drill holes higher and cut both sides of the shield to give it more taper towards the top. I'd love to lower the mounting plate, but that may take some serious creativity.

On another subject has anyone tried a rear fender extender? I hit some rain today and muddy water coated the tail light and back of the seat.

rear-fender-extension-kit.jpg

I adjusted the screen angle to 60 degrees (from 55 degrees) and the light reflection at the bottom was gone. The light at the very top was barely noticeable. It was a dark cloudy day so if light had been present I think I would have seen it.

I may order a second shield (undrilled) and play with it. But I suspect it will be $150 plus for a replacement. I'd drill holes higher and cut both sides of the shield to give it more taper towards the top. I'd love to lower the mounting plate, but that may take some serious creativity.

If you discuss the windscreen height with Madstad, they'd probably swap it out for free.

Last edited:
Ouch! :( Good on you for admitting a mistake like this so honestly

If this is the worst thing that happened to teach a valuable life lesson that will change how you look at drinking and operating a vehicle, I would consider it a very cheap one, and thank your lucky stars it wasn't a really bad one involving other people and maybe deaths!

I'm not judging; everyone has done things they really shouldn't at least once in their lives, usually escaping with little consequence, but sometimes the rest of their lives are ruined. I hope you never have to worry about this kind of decision again, and know for the future to take a taxi or something :)

Let us know how the repairs go, and ride safe and sober, buddy!

Absolutely agree with you. Here are the couple of pics of surgery :(

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

Installed my old Garmin on to the bike today. Very happy with RAM product quality. Simple. They make a ball mount that is hollow and uses a thru bolt to attach, utilizing one of the handlebar clamp bolt holes (B367U). I used the shortest of the three included bolts. To connect to that, I got a the short length double socket arm with pyramid base (B-103-A-238U). To complete, just get the cradle that matches your device. You may want to compare the websites' pricing vs Amazon...

nav2.jpgnav1.jpgnav3.jpg
RAMMOUNTS - Motorcycle Mounts

Thanks for the link, very handy. I decided to forego the Aqua box that fits my Nuvi 765T and try this guys method of making a Nuvi GPS receiver water resistant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2UvIoL78Cg

It took me a while to find neutral cure silicone, mostly because I didn't know what it is called. I had heard that ordinary silicone can play havoc with circuit boards and components. I found the stuff I used at my local Radio Shack, better hurry before they close their doors for good.

Just finished my first valve adjustment. Thanks Antarius! It took just under two hours. Now it's time to go take it for a spin and see how she runs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed my radiator guard and fenda extenda. Also did a little preflight for tomorrow's ride. Waiting for Triumph fork guards and film for frunk top and sides...
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back