• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for the rear shock from western Honda discount parts.been a week and just got shipped.

Still waiting for the rear shock from western Honda discount parts.been a week and just got shipped.

Ziggie,
What brand or type of rear shock did you order? Is it a stock replacement or an upgraded adjustable shock?
We need to know!
PCG

Yes, would like to know. I'm very close to making a deposit on a Wilber's shock myself. Very close!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A stock replace, I didn't want to mess with something else that might fit or need a tweek here and there.I like to keep it simple so I can ride again.edit: I did call Honda USA about this happen so soon,didn't do much but they are making a note in case it happens to others.made me feel better[emoji1]

Last edited:
Got back from the ADVrider Death Valley Noobs Rally today. Only made one ride while I was there, but had fun, learned a bit, and got a good workout. Ride report to follow (eventually).
P1020153.jpgP1020178.jpg
BTW, anyone wondering about the structural integrity of the TCI products stuff - I'll take a closer look tomorrow (except for the skid plate, I got a chance for close inspection of that on the way back down), but as far as I could tell everything is holding up quite nicely.

Last edited:
Got back from the ADVrider Death Valley Noobs Rally today. Only made one ride while I was there, but had fun, learned a bit, and got a good workout. Ride report to follow (eventually).
BTW, anyone wondering about the structural integrity of the TCI products stuff - I'll take a closer look tomorrow (except for the skid plate, I got a chance for close inspection of that on the way back down), but as far as I could tell everything is holding up quite nicely.

You didn't hurt your camera did you? I noticed in the top picture your camera is mounted low and on the right side of the bike. Your bottom picture has the bike laying on the right.

You didn't hurt your camera did you? I noticed in the top picture your camera is mounted low and on the right side of the bike. Your bottom picture has the bike laying on the right.

Camera was safe, it's actually tucked inside the space created by the crash bars. Leaves it at a funny angle, but it was kind of a last minute addition so we didn't have time to get better mounts.
And I managed to have the camera rolling for both falls...if I can ever find time to edit the footage (anyone know of a decent free program for that?)

Last edited:
Finally got over the flu enough to install the Yoshi R-77, I no longer will need to look at the tach to see if it's running when around other bikes. :cool:

Finally got over the flu enough to install the Yoshi R-77, I no longer will need to look at the tach to see if it's running when around other bikes. :cool:

If I had the manual version I'd so need to do that too! :) But on the flipside I love being able to ride faster and not have anyone hear me coming.

I dropped my bike in the driveway and was giddy afterwards.

I'm not sure what happened but I suspect the side stand was not fully set when I got off the bike. I started to walk away and heard a noise, I was greeted with the sight of the bike laying on its side.

The NC700 is incredibly easy to pick up. Perhaps the adrenalin helped. The bike started right up.

I was practically giddy after seeing the lack of any major damage. The slider took the brunt of the damage but paid for itself by preventing costly repairs.

Here is the damage.

A new bar end. I had put these bar ends on a few hours earlier.

IMG_2269_1.jpg

Clutch lever. Amazingly not bent. Sand, buff, paint, done.

IMG_2270_1.jpg

Left turn signal:

IMG_2274_1.jpg

Left side exhaust. Not as bad as it looks. I think I can buff and polish these minor surfaces out (or at least make the scratches shinny).

IMG_2272_1.jpg

And finally the hero of the story, my left side slider. A little tender loving care can mitigate some of the damage:

IMG_2276_1.jpg

I feel got very lucky. I rewarded my stupidity with a nice ride.

IMG_2278.jpg

After nearly 4 months I finally put 6.5 miles on Red today for the first time. All the mods, except the Parabellum shield are done.

Attachments

• P3312521.jpg
    P3312521.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 291
  • P3312510.jpg
    P3312510.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 283
  • P3312528.jpg
    P3312528.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 341
  • P3312515.jpg
    P3312515.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 292
  • P3312526.jpg
    P3312526.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 328
  • P3312517.jpg
    P3312517.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 290
More pics.

Attachments

• P3312509.jpg
    P3312509.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 279
  • P3312511.jpg
    P3312511.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 317
  • P3312513.jpg
    P3312513.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 368
  • P3312519.jpg
    P3312519.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 293
  • P3312516.jpg
    P3312516.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 318
  • P3312512.jpg
    P3312512.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 293
Wow - nice machine!! It looks like your front and rear fender extenders will keep mud off the engine and the back of the bike very well. I hope to do something similar. My Pyramid front should be longer.

Regarding tip over problem, when I rolled Red out of the garage yesterday for its' first ride, I extended the side stand, started to walk away only to realize the bike was falling over.
I have a 'foot' on the stand but realized early on it is important to be sure the stand rotates fully over center before resting the bike down. Luckily, I caught it in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back