• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring is finally here! I removed the extensions from my SW-Motech Kobra hardguards and drilled new holes in my Madstad 20" windshield to lower it. Thanks Bamamate for the idea!

Attachments

• Lowered Madstad 20.jpg
    Lowered Madstad 20.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 336
Went out for a ride yesterday to get some photos for the tag game, found several for the current tag railroad tracks,
Used a different photo from this spot for my tag.
P1030926.jpg

This one even includes a previous tag - power lines
P1030928.jpg

Had to wait on a slow moving freight train.
P1030932.jpg

Then went riding around looking for something to use for a new tag since I didn't want to use an old photo like I did the last time i got the tag. The road I was on changed to gravel, but wasn't finding much to that looked very interesting for the tag then I ran across this.
P1030939.jpg
P1030934.jpg
There were a bunch of cows in the field next to this so I decided the new tag could be either cows or historic trail.

Nice pics. I'm not a fan of dark screens but it looks good on the NC, especially w/the black (Givi?) set you you have.

I'm finishing up drilling a blank tall clear Parabellum today. Having to do some Dremel work for the lock to lock clearance.

The corner of my (girl friends') garage in literally 5 steps from the CSX train rail. We live on the Ohio river and w/the gas/oil industry cracker plant and chip board plant just up the river, we have very heavy rail traffic.
Also, a lot of barge traffic on the river. But I have a farm out 'on the hill' and plan to make a run out there today to do some woods work.

I ordered a replacement slider to complete repairs after a tip-over. I also installed a set of Puig Type I mirrors. The stock mirrors are great but stick out nearly an inch more than the Puig mirrors. Now getting the bike through my front door is much less of a struggle.

IMG_2301.jpg

A HelmetLok came in today. It's easier to use than the supplied cable under the seat.

IMG_2302.jpg

Waiting on Tech Spec tank pads and a rear fender extender from the NC700 shop. And I ordered a sheet of ABS to extend the front fender extender. I also got a nice ride in on my CB1100.

Last edited:
You gotta love the hauling capacity of this thing. On the way home from work stopped at the store and got a 6 pack of beer, 10 pound ham, 2 cans of refried beans, 12 hotdog buns and a pack of taco shells + my stuff from work. I do have the small 22L Givi's as well but still the frunk is awesome for hauling.

Rainy day today. I drilled a 2" higher set of holes in my 18" windscreen.

Madstad wanted $120 for a replacement, $130 if tinted. They mentioned they have 16" screens available. I may eventually take them up on a tinted screen.

Here is windscreen at its new lowest setting:

IMG_2310.jpg

Highest setting:

IMG_2311.jpg

I'll most likely run it about an inch above its new low point.

4/4 UPDATE: Darn Madstad runs just fine at it lowest setting, the equivalent of a 16" screen. I have to raise way up in my seat to induce any wind noise. Pretty amazing.

Last edited:
I installed the Honda relay kit and sub-harness and wired my GPS to it. Moving the plastic and re-installing it went very smooth.

:)

belrix

Went out for some riding today :) First day off from work in 13 days so i had some stress relieving to do :)

WP_20150405_15_15_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20150405_15_36_31_Pro.jpg

I also washed it when i was done riding :)

WP_20150405_18_11_51_Pro.jpg

We have met with sport friends )
84e3ceb6bb5840ece5f03a564daba882.jpg

a00b6b32dc4cf31e36658036eab0b73e.jpg

Took a ride over to Griffin, GA to check out the ABATE swap meet. Vendors all packing up and not much to see. Went through High Falls on the way. Miss Demeanor had told me about it. Need to go back with time and different shoes to take a better look around.

Thanks for the tip Miss Demeanor.

IMG_0118.jpg

Took a ride over to Griffin, GA to check out the ABATE swap meet. Vendors all packing up and not much to see. Went through High Falls on the way. Miss Demeanor had told me about it. Need to go back with time and different shoes to take a better look around.

Thanks for the tip Miss Demeanor.

View attachment 23524

A bridge too far?

Well, it wasn't today, but Friday I ordered a new 2015 DCT in red.
Should pick it up on Saturday.
Terry.

Went out for a 120km ride, halfway on the return, my visor looked like it had a lot of dust on it, and figured it was probably dirt. Turns out, it was volcanic ash from an erupting volcano nearby. Had to power wash the entire bike to remove it.

I just ordered the Sw-Motech BBSTORM Handguard Kit, BLAZE ® Panniers Set and Crashbar! Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back