• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 NC700X Windscreen options...

d'milan

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I took delivery of my 2016 NC700DCT last week.
I've been accustomed to BMWs for the last 10-15 years... R1200GSs, RTs and K1200GTs, all pruned a bit to enhance wind and weather protection.
In that time I've had a few V-Strom 650s as well... GIVI Airflow windscreens work magic on those bikes in providing a level of wind and weather protection that I desire.

The first ride on my '16NC, ~200 miles, was a shocker.
Temps were supposed to be in the upper 70s...., wore a mesh jacket.
Temps turned out in the low to mid 70s... I became nearly hypothermic.
Even with earplugs, the wind noise was terrible. Probably would have been better to remove the screen altogether than let it concentrate airflow right at my face shield.
The wind roared up the bottom of my full face helmet at the left strap side...stopped at gas station and grabbed a wad of paper towels to stuff up in that area of the helmet... helped a little...
Not a kid anymore, I was beaten by the time I got home.

Ordered a Calsci screen.. there's nothing else available at this time for the 2016 NC. Don't much like the looks of it, I'm sure it'll help some though. Tried Calsci on my various BMWs.. didn't really cut it for me. They are too flat... no flip on the top to direct air up and over my face shield. Probably gonna have to buy a spoiler for the top as well.

Is there any other screen out there for a 2016 Model year?... I don't see any. Earlier years have a different bolt patter and probably a different size and contour mounting plate.

Thanks
d'milan

Last edited:
Hi-
Calsci list five sizes for the 2016 models.
Givi also has the d1146st specifically for the '16

MRA carry a couple- https://www.mrashop.de/com/selection-by-model/honda/nc-750-x-xa-xd/bj-16-/

Yes, I purchased the lowest Touring screen from calsci.. looks the least bad to me.

I was searching for NC700 screens... your MRA link is for NC750... which is not in the US market. Should have thought to search for the 750 even though mine is a 700

I like the look of the MRA Vario Touring
Hope it's tall enough for my tastes...

Thanks

Last edited:
Call madstad, but if it is "looks" your after may not be the best choice. I have a madstad and I can ride 800 mile days back to back in the peace and quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make your own from Lexan. It's a lot of work, but you'll be happier with the result (whatever your goal may be) in the long run. :)

That reminds me... does the 2016 windscreen fasten on the same (no bolts) as the 2012-2015 model?
If so, Dale sells the "nut plate" that fixes this design flaw. If you're doing any kind of replacement, they're a MUST. (I believe)

Call madstad, but if it is "looks" your after may not be the best choice. I have a madstad and I can ride 800 mile days back to back in the peace and quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"looks" are a small part of my consideration when choosing a screen, hardly "what I'm after"...

I believe that my NC7 is a decent / good looking bike.
Grafting a tall screen on the front of it ruins the aesthetics in my minds eye.

I do know that "pretty is as pretty does"
The GIVI Airflows that I've used on my GSs and V-strom weren't too "pretty". But due to their design they don't need to be awkwardly tall.

I had a Madstad on one of my 650 V-stroms... It was quite effective. Sold the bike to a friend, he still has it.
Thought I checked their site already... nothing for the 2016 NC. I'll check again.

Thanks all

Make your own from Lexan. It's a lot of work, but you'll be happier with the result (whatever your goal may be) in the long run. :)

That reminds me... does the 2016 windscreen fasten on the same (no bolts) as the 2012-2015 model?
If so, Dale sells the "nut plate" that fixes this design flaw. If you're doing any kind of replacement, they're a MUST. (I believe)

I don't know if they fasten on the same or not.

I do know the the fastener offset is quite a bit larger on the 2016 as opposed to earlier NC7s.

I had a Madstad on one of my 650 V-stroms... It was quite effective. Sold the bike to a friend, he still has it.
Thought I checked their site already... nothing for the 2016 NC. I'll check again.
I called Madstad about a week or so ago, they are testing a mount to fit our 2016 NCX's. I'm waiting for it and will mount another Madstad on my new 2016 as soon as they are ready to ship! My previous Madstad on my 2012 NCX was a joy on the highways.

Ray

I got the MRA windscreen. It doesn't work as good as the larger ones from other companies, but doesn't look like S&$T either. I would say the smoke one from Puig is the best in-between of function and looks.

Seeing some of these windscreens you guys run makes me puke alittle in my mouth. Its like wearing crocs.

Let me know when you year from MadStad. I'm interested in the 2016 model as well.
I talked to them again yesterday. They are just about ready to start selling the mount for our 2016, maybe another week or two, just waiting on confidence in the final design. I'm panting on the edge of my seat waiting on another off season arrival of Santa.

Ray

I have been very pleased with the MadStad windscreen. No buffeting and wind noise greatly reduced.

Did the Madstad screen ever arrive and get set up? Not sure if I missed an update here!! As the temperatures here are starting to drop I'm getting ready to prepare my bike for fall/winter riding. Barkbusters, Fenda Extenda, rear hugger, additional lighting are all on the list, but I'd like to see if there's a bigger Madstad screen option too. I already have heated grips and a wire ready for heated gear.

Did the Madstad screen ever arrive and get set up?
I didn't want to say anything yet, but since you asked...I received and mounted the new 2016 brackets to my NC700XD. I am not completely happy with the results yet though (which is why I haven't posted anything yet), and as soon as I complete this cruise control prototyping/installation (http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...al-cruise-control-nc700-volunteer-needed.html), I will be heading to Madstad in Florida to help them improve our 2016 mounting brackets. I expect to be down there next Tuesday morning, and as progress and time permits, will update this thread.

Ray

Thanks for the update. Looking at the Madstad. Very interested in your feedback. What size did you get? 16, 18, 20, 22?
I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam, sitting on a Russel Day-Long seat. With my 2012 DCT, it came with a 20", I upgraded and luv'd a 24", transferred the same seat and screen to the new 2016 brackets and not a happy camper yet. I'll see if anything can be done to improve the new mounts next week when I'm at their factory.

Ray

Back