• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 NC700X Windscreen options...

After about 2,000+ miles with the new Madstad mounting bracket holding my 24 inch windscreen on, I can say I'm a happy camper again.

Last Monday I arrived at the Madstad factory in Florida and was met by Blair. He had Cody (the guy that designs stuff there) take a ride on my 2016 NC700XD with the mounting bracket they originally sent me for the 2016 change of bolt pattern.

Coming back from the test ride, Cody agreed there was too much turbulence. Immediately he designed and fabricated a new bracket, moving the windscreen in much closer in the same manner as the previous model years are. Remounted and off for test rides, both of us agreed it performed as it is supposed to.

IMG_8493.jpg

IMG_8494.jpg

I let Cody design, fabricate, and test another mount and he was happy with its results too.

Off I went, 1,500 miles back up to Minnesota and now in South Dakota, and couldn't be happier with the performance of my Madstad windscreen again.

IMG_8792.jpg

Ray

So he has two new designs that work for the 2016, or was iteration #2 a further improvement once the mount was 'working' to dial it in even better, and when ordering now for a 2016 version we will automatically get their latest design? I'm just a little over 5' 8", but not quite 5' 9" and I have a 30" inseam, I'm leaning toward the 20" version in light grey. Any thoughts or recommendations?

So he has two new designs that work for the 2016, or was iteration #2 a further improvement once the mount was 'working' to dial it in even better, and when ordering now for a 2016 version we will automatically get their latest design? I'm just a little over 5' 8", but not quite 5' 9" and I have a 30" inseam, I'm leaning toward the 20" version in light grey. Any thoughts or recommendations?

I'm 5' 11" and ordered the 20" clear for my 2016. Can't wait to try it out.

I just visited their site... so does this come with the extra bracketry for the 2016 or do the 2016's have different hole patterns?

When ordering I was given limited options, I ordered HONDA 700X 20" Clear. Paid by Paypal and got a receipt for same. The order process did have a place where it asked for Make Model and Year, I entered HONDA NC750X DCT 2016 but that info never showed up on my order confirmation. I'm hoping they send me the 2016 version as perfected with Ray last week. I have emailed Madstad but they have yet to respond.

- Are people happy with the new bracket for the 2016 model?
- I happen to have the Givi HP1111 hand protectors already installed. Anyone knows if it conflicts with the Madstad windshield?

When ordering I was given limited options, I ordered HONDA 700X 20" Clear. Paid by Paypal and got a receipt for same. The order process did have a place where it asked for Make Model and Year, I entered HONDA NC750X DCT 2016 but that info never showed up on my order confirmation. I'm hoping they send me the 2016 version as perfected with Ray last week. I have emailed Madstad but they have yet to respond.

Went through the same ordering process and they sent me a pre-2016 version. Now need to return it.

Are you happy with your Madstad windshield? Do you have any hand guard? If so, any issues between the windshield and hand guard?

Went through the same ordering process and they sent me a pre-2016 version. Now need to return it.

Are you happy with your Madstad windshield? Do you have any hand guard? If so, any issues between the windshield and hand guard?

I love the protection of the larger screen. I do not have hand protectors but have read that there is no problem.

The only issue is the glare from the headlight. Because of the adjustable bracket the Madstad protrudes 3 inches from the original screen so gets ahead of the headlight which reflects on to the windshield, the reflection is quite bad at night. Some have said that painting the bottom few inches fixes the glare, so I'll try that. I wonder if a non adjustable flush mounted screen might not be better, but I got what I got and I'm sticking with it.
1.jpg

A number here have used flat black plasti-dip on the bottom of the screen to prevent the headlight reflection back to rider.

Plasti-dip would be fine. Another option, the one I used, is Rustoluem textured black for plastics. It's the same paint I used on my rear hugger, since it matches the panels of the NC very well.

Also black out the lower edges of the shield to prevent it from conduction the amber running lights upward to the top edges.

In my opinion, Madstad should be doing this black-out at the factory.

Last edited:
Madstad 18inch clear screen. 2016 brackets plus winglets. Polisport hand guards. Hepco Becker crash guard. Dimotiv Fairing guards. Home Depot seat upgrade (raising the front bracket). Fly tank bag. Photos from Big Basin Redwood Park in CA.

Very happy with the Madstad. great for cruising. Hand guards scrape a little at full lock, but not bad.

IMG_0037.jpg
IMG_0038.jpg
IMG_0036.jpg
IMG_0035.jpg

Those Polisport handguards look good. Are those mounted at the outer bar and the inner?

Back