• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 NC700X Windscreen options...

Francescomilado,

The glare we are talking about is on the edge or side of the windshield.

It creates a bright outline of the windshield which is distracting in the dark.

I can see a little bit in your picture.

I guess since I haven't noticed anything funky riding at night, I'll just leave it the way it is but ya we are all different. But some of the non frosted pictures I've seen look crazy at night.
Francescomilado,

The glare we are talking about is on the edge or side of the windshield.

It creates a bright outline of the windshield which is distracting in the dark.

I can see a little bit in your picture.

I guess since I haven't noticed anything funky riding at night, I'll just leave it the way it is. But some of the non frosted pictures I've seen look crazy at night and I would be mad before fixing the problem after spending a good junk of money on the windshield.

I am still trying to figure out the perfect height and angle. I'm 5'11. where do you all put yours at for your height.

I just put my barkbusters on last night and they do hit the madstad when fully turned :( Dave aka dduelin had the same problem and took his to a local shop and cut 1" of each side. Before ordering mine I spoke with Mark and Blair from Madstad to make sure I wasn't going to run into this problem but I guess they were wrong. They are very nice people so I'm sure they will fix the problem for me somehow.

I guess since I haven't noticed anything funky riding at night, I'll just leave it the way it is but ya we are all different. But some of the non frosted pictures I've seen look crazy at night.

I guess since I haven't noticed anything funky riding at night, I'll just leave it the way it is. But some of the non frosted pictures I've seen look crazy at night and I would be mad before fixing the problem after spending a good junk of money on the windshield.

I am still trying to figure out the perfect height and angle. I'm 5'11. where do you all put yours at for your height.

I just put my barkbusters on last night and they do hit the madstad when fully turned :( Dave aka dduelin had the same problem and took his to a local shop and cut 1" of each side. Before ordering mine I spoke with Mark and Blair from Madstad to make sure I wasn't going to run into this problem but I guess they were wrong. They are very nice people so I'm sure they will fix the problem for me somehow.

I'm 5'11" too and have mine adjusted to the 60 degree angle with the height set to about the tip of my nose - and I tend to sit up pretty straight. I'm looking well over the windshield when riding. Honestly it's just perfect for me just like that. There is probably another quarter inch, maybe a half inch of upward adjustment but I'm not even going to bother fooling with it. I love it right where it is.

I'm 5'11" too and have mine adjusted to the 60 degree angle with the height set to about the tip of my nose - and I tend to sit up pretty straight. I'm looking well over the windshield when riding. Honestly it's just perfect for me just like that. There is probably another quarter inch, maybe a half inch of upward adjustment but I'm not even going to bother fooling with it. I love it right where it is.
I'm looking at getting the exact same windshield, leaning towards the light grey, just wondering how it worked out for you?

I'm looking at getting the exact same windshield, leaning towards the light grey, just wondering how it worked out for you?

Overall I've been very pleased with this windshield. I like the overall size and shape of it and the quality of the materials. I happen to think it looks very good on my bike. Everything fit perfectly although they did ship the wrong year hardware the first time around - mine is a 2016 - and that was despite my placing the order by phone and clearly confirming the model year. They promptly sent the correct hardware after a call to them - no hassles, very good service fixing the error. The windshield itself is very thick and doesn't flex or wiggle at high speed. The winglets do their job well, too. The tint is the light gray and is not a factor pro or con when riding. I don't even notice it. But I thought it would add a little something to minimize road glare so I got it instead of clear. I have ROX risers on the bars so my posture is very straight and I like the fact that I'm looking over the shield rather than through it - and yet it does everything I hoped it would do in eliminating wind noise and buffeting - with a little upward adjustment to spare. I think it's a pretty pricey set-up but it seems very well engineered and I have no regrets or hesitation in recommending it. This is one of the few systems out there that is actually adjustable up or down as well as rake angle. Windshields are a little bit like seats, though, and opinions vary! Good luck with your shopping! :cool:

Last edited:
Overall I've been very pleased with this windshield. I like the overall size and shape of it and the quality of the materials. I happen to think it looks very good on my bike. Everything fit perfectly although they did ship the wrong year hardware the first time around - mine is a 2016 - and that was despite my placing the order by phone and clearly confirming the model year. They promptly sent the correct hardware after a call to them - no hassles, very good service fixing the error. The windshield itself is very thick and doesn't flex or wiggle at high speed. The winglets do their job well, too. The tint is the light gray and is not a factor pro or con when riding. I don't even notice it. But I thought it would add a little something to minimize road glare so I got it instead of clear. I have ROX risers on the bars so my posture is very straight and I like the fact that I'm looking over the shield rather than through it - and yet it does everything I hoped it would do in eliminating wind noise and buffeting - with a little upward adjustment to spare. I think it's a pretty pricey set-up but it seems very well engineered and I have no regrets or hesitation in recommending it. This is one of the few systems out there that is actually adjustable up or down as well as rake angle. Windshields are a little bit like seats, though, and opinions vary! Good luck with your shopping! :cool:
Thanks for the input, I honestly don't think I've heard anything negative other then looks or price (both being subjective) I was mostly unsure if the light grey color made a difference. Like you I think I'll go with the light grey. It's the most expensive thing I've bought for my bike other then a set of tires but I put 26k miles a year on my motorcycle and I'll get my money's worth out of it. Thanks for the helpful review

Nice set up for the mule. What is the weight of your self and the extras including trailer?
Not trying to get off topic. Sorry, I don't have a bathroom scale we all fit on, lol. I'm 225, and I never tried to figure out weight limitations. By feel, I just know if it is too heavy and to unload weight off of it. It's much better to have stuff carried on a third wheel with a low center of gravity than stacked high and carried additionally on the rear suspension.
Ray

I am 6'3" with a short inseam, about 31.
I have 1" risers on the handlebars.

The madstad does hit the mirror on one side and the motech handguards on the other.
I have not decided whether to trim or live with it. I have no experience trimming material of this kind. I guess I would tape the cut, use a fine saw, (scroll or similar), and then sand the edges.

Mine seems to work best at 60 degrees and about an inch up from the lowest setting.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Last edited:
So do I , I m waiting for a large screen wich would cover the Low part of the fairing, as I tried different mounts and discovered that the most disturbing waves come from the lower part, and not from the top of the screen, where it is quite easy to fit a spoiler, like the Givi Airflow for instance.
Fifteen years ago I had a "Aeroscreen" with two parts on a BMW Gs 1150, and it was great, except the loud noise ...the Nasca exhaust pipe on that flat twin was too loud;
Home that some manufacturer could be inspired on that : http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/R1150GS/R1150GSProducts.htm

I was wondering how come others haven't reported the Madstad windshield hitting the mirrors ???

Also I'm about 6foot2 so which size should I get ?

Lastly I'm thinking the frosted clear should be alright for night glare ...

Any thoughts ? Thank you !

I was wondering how come others haven't reported the Madstad windshield hitting the mirrors ???

Also I'm about 6foot2 so which size should I get ?

Lastly I'm thinking the frosted clear should be alright for night glare ...

Any thoughts ? Thank you !

Most definitely 22 inch screen. Not sure what you mean by hitting the mirrors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what I was trying to say is when the handlebars are turned all the way both left and right and especially with hand guards like barkbusters installed ?

Yes, I have the SW motech handguards.

I had hoped to take a nice long ride today, but it was a little cold this morning.

If I can get out later I will take a picture.

Last edited:
Yes, I have the SW motech handguards.

I had hoped to take a nice long ride today, but it was a little cold this morning.

If I can get out later I will take a picture.

what windshield do you have? I saw that some bark busters hand guards can hit the Madstad windshield when turning ?

I posted pictures on my first post.
22" Madstad, SW motech handguards with the extensions, stock mirrors.

It is always possible I have something installed wrong.
I am not a mechanic.

Last edited:
I posted pictures on my first post.
22" Madstad, SW motech handguards with the extensions, stock mirrors.

It is always possible I have something installed wrong.
I am not a mechanic.

Hank, does this prevent you from turning properly or it's not that bad?

Back