• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlo, MT on the Flathead Reservation. It's off any route even remotely considered major for the region. Though the census included two square miles, the population tallied in at 379. Has a good saloon and diner, a service station/shop with decent gas prices, two grain elevators, a trading post, a nice all-grades school... and nice people!

Flickr

29267829255_51baa057dd_h.jpg

Art is everywhere. And so was the impact of the Beatles.

Flickr

28979344450_58a38ab0a1_b.jpg

Tried to ride from Mt Hotham snow fields across to Falls Creek snow fields but the ice across the peak was just too thick. The road rises very steeply and then it is a very steep descent. Was advised 7 km's of road across the top was completely iced over and the authorities insisted l turn around and give it a miss. You can see in the background how the road changes....

20160822_165757 - Copy.jpg

This is the view from the top of Mt Hotham. It was awesome!

20160823_115243 - Copy.jpg

New Shoes.

Spent a few hours fighting tire beads, kneeling, standing and stomping on tire irons... Mounted Michelin Pilot Road 4 Front and Back. Tires going on were a lot easier than getting the stock ones off. Did not need to use the 'Bead Blaster'...

Stock OEM Dunlops lasted 6375 miles.

Bike feels awesome, very flickable again. Doing some stuff to wear off the mold release.

335a62670597ed27d8cb533d38f6dcc7.jpg

edc67e17c022d6a15efa07ff56aa918d.jpg

New Shoes.

Spent a few hours fighting tire beads, kneeling, standing and stomping on tire irons... Mounted Michelin Pilot Road 4 Front and Back. Tires going on were a lot easier than getting the stock ones off. Did not need to use the 'Bead Blaster'...

Stock OEM Dunlops lasted 6375 miles.

Bike feels awesome, very flickable again. Doing some stuff to wear off the mold release.

335a62670597ed27d8cb533d38f6dcc7.jpg

edc67e17c022d6a15efa07ff56aa918d.jpg
Nice, supertux. I do love those Michelins. I have a new PR4 front waiting to be mounted, but I'm putting it off as long as possible. I'm somewhere around 10,000 miles on the stock TrailMax/CheeseMax, so I guess it's done pretty well, mostly commuting and Texas Hill Country miles. I put a PR4 on the back after only 1,400 miles thanks to a bolt that hitched a ride in the stock rear.

Nice, supertux. I do love those Michelins. I have a new PR4 front waiting to be mounted, but I'm putting it off as long as possible. I'm somewhere around 10,000 miles on the stock TrailMax/CheeseMax, so I guess it's done pretty well, mostly commuting and Texas Hill Country miles. I put a PR4 on the back after only 1,400 miles thanks to a bolt that hitched a ride in the stock rear.

My tires were cupped to the point that they were difficult to roll on edge and the rear was past the wear bars on the center. I could have kept the front longer, but figured today is tire day. The rear started wearing noticeably more after I started caring panniers...

I only got a little over 2000.

Honestly mine were gone probably 1000 miles ago. Here's what they look like:

b60415caf112e8a5c487f0bbd4f6a823.jpg

You can see that the cupping has caused ridges to form in the center of the tires. This made turning kinda scary and loss of traction leaned over. Maybe they weren't balanced right. The new ones are. ;)

Yesterday was 270 miles with an old friend. When we go out I call it "riding with The King" (reference to a great John Hiatt song). Why? Because the Honda VTX 1800 was once the largest displacement for a V-Twin, featuring 4"-diameter pistons. The custom paint and bling work my pal did himself attracts Harley riders -- and his exhaust when he twists the grip hard scares some of them ; }

Doing the same route and acceleration and speed he gets 1/3 the fuel economy I get ; }

Flickr

29001521200_9aa3282965_h.jpg

Flickr

29181352362_7a73c998ab_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
found myself singing this song a lot yesterday --

[video=youtube;YEgdDH5Sqxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEgdDH5Sqxo[/video]

I dreamed I did a good job and I got well paid
Blew it all at the penny arcade
A hundred dollars on a kewpie doll
I guess no white chick is gonna make me crawl

On a T-W-A, to the promised land
Every woman, child and man
Gets a Cadillac and a diamond ring
Don't you know we're riding with the king?

He's on a mission of mercy to the new frontier
He's gonna check us all on out of here
Up to that mansion on a hill
Where you can get your prescription filled

On a TWA to the promised land
Everybody come on and clap your hands
Don't you just love the way he sings

A red cape and shiny cold 45
I never saw his face but I saw the light
Tonight everybody's getting their angel wings

Well I stepped out of a mirror at ten years old
With a suit cut sharp, as a razor and a heart of gold
I had a guitar hanging just about waist high
I'm gonna play that thing until the day I die

Yesterday was 270 miles with an old friend. When we go out I call it "riding with The King" (reference to a great John Hiatt song). Why? Because the Honda VTX 1800 was once the largest displacement for a V-Twin, featuring 4"-diameter pistons. The custom paint and bling work my pal did himself attracts Harley riders -- and his exhaust when he twists the grip hard scares some of them ; }

Doing the same route and acceleration and speed he gets 1/3 the fuel economy I get ; }

Flickr

29001521200_9aa3282965_h.jpg

Flickr

29181352362_7a73c998ab_b.jpg
Makes sense with 3 times the motor lol. Nice bike but a little over kill unless it's a 900lb gold wing that is, then having a motor the size of a Honda civic makes sense

Finalized my city riding luggage setup: Bilt saddle, frunk and tail bags, Total capacity is humble 43L (+ 21L of frunk). Total cost: $90. When going on longer trips I swap out the tail bag with 50L Oxford dry bag.
GOPR0081.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back