• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been riding most of the time with my son Max lately and have not been keeping track of gas mileage on Fuely.com as we usually fill both bikes at the same time. Yesterday I did a quick calculation at the pump when I passed the hose to Max and found I had gotten 71.22 MPG (203 miles/2.85 gallons). That was after spirited riding on pavement over a couple of days with all three of my Givi bags on the bike. We were at a campground about 30 miles from our house for a week and we got to sample some roads we don't usually ride.

Glad to hear your healing up and riding on two wheels again, stay safe
Yep, only a couple of bruises left (they were deep) and one small road rash left to heal. I must of scared those deer out of the county when I went down; haven't seen them in the field since the take down-usually saw them every morning, or they know bow season starts in 5 weeks :cool:, and I have an agenda-been tuning in the red dot scope on the crossbow-hitting 10 out of 10 ring at 20 and 30 yards. After literally weeks of rain every day, 2 straight days of no rain-another perfect morning to ride in to work- 60'F at O dark 30 and will be about 80'F on the ride home.

OEM Dunlops are cupped and past the wear bars at 6250 miles.
Browsing dozens of tire threads. Want to put on Mitas E-07 on the back and TKC 80 on the front.
Realize the only off-road stuff is many hours away from me, and while fun, commuting (in the rain) and road riding is what I do most.
Paid $315 shipped for a set of Michelin PR4's.
Bought all new tools and doodads to change tires quickly and easily.
Will buy the 50/50 tire next year...

Rode to Lake Tahoe for lunch, went up one way and came back another, ~300 miles.

Weather was 70s - 80s, nice after our weeks of 100ish. :cool:

What did I do with my NC700X today? I moved it a little so I could get at my WR250R -- to ride 140 mostly-dirt miles up on the Flathead rez. Looked a little like this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/26869257665/in/album-72157645574739671/

26869257665_89486913db_h.jpg

or this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/27713748986/in/album-72157666434016601/

27713748986_c2b5470b61_h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Put on the OEM center stand. That was easy.

Did a mock up on the Denali light bar with some Denali D4s. I don't like the fact that there isn't enough clearance to turn the front fork with the Light bar there. I followed the directions for the light bar. Is there something I'm missing?

June had five ~100º & four 98/99º, July had seven ~100º & four 98/99º days, Aug has had 2 ~100º and seventeen days above 90º.
I believe the historic avg is 11 days per year, I really don't care for the heat... :mad:

I believe most of the country has had a record breaking hot summer. In my life time I have seen summer heat like this bring in hurricanes in October. It is all ready bringing in bad flooding along the Gulf Coast. Let's keep our fingers crossed for those of us who live along Gulf and East coast for no hurricanes!

Put on the OEM center stand. That was easy.

Did a mock up on the Denali light bar with some Denali D4s. I don't like the fact that there isn't enough clearance to turn the front fork with the Light bar there. I followed the directions for the light bar. Is there something I'm missing?

Turn the light bar around, I did that the first time also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

another short trip 63 miles.wife doesn't finish work till after 12 pm so by the time she comes home and we have lunch its knocking on 2pm by the time we are ready to go out on the bike. only a couple of hours ride out but better than nothing I'd say.
DSC03368.jpgDSC03370.jpg

I believe most of the country has had a record breaking hot summer. In my life time I have seen summer heat like this bring in hurricanes in October. It is all ready bringing in bad flooding along the Gulf Coast. Let's keep our fingers crossed for those of us who live along Gulf and East coast for no hurricanes!
Way to keep things in perspective, a bit of sweat compared to some of the horrible weather some people are currently going through. Ah were both spoiled Californians aren't even used to seasons changing in half of the state. Hey OCR, how many miles on your NC700X now? Last I remember you were just under a 100,000 miles. How long until your back in the saddle?

Last edited:
Way to keep things in perspective, a bit of sweat compared to some of the horrible weather some people are currently going through. Ah were both spoiled Californians aren't even used to seasons changing in half of the state. Hey OCR, how many miles on your NC700X now? Last I remember you were just under a 100,000 miles. How long until your back in the saddle?

I road my NC7 over 400 miles on July 28th. They operated and replaced my right knee on July 29th. I walked the full 440 yard track 6 hours after the operation with a walker. Now, almost a month out from operation one, I am currently walking without any assist device. Thew the cane away 2 days ago, when I started driving myself in the cage to PT. They can not believe a 70 something year old short, fat, and ugly guy is this far along in a month. Can not wait until next week to see their reaction when I drive my motorcycle to PT. I have every intention of riding my NC7 to the doctor's appointment on September the 9th, just got to see his reaction! Operate on the second knee in October, but they have not given me a date yet. I have high hopes of being able to take off on a real long adventure around the start of 2017.

Thew the cane away 2 days ago, when I started driving myself in the cage to PT. Operate on the second knee in October, but they have not given me a date yet. I have high hopes of being able to take off on a real long adventure around the start of 2017.
Congrats on your progress Jim, hope you don't push too hard though. I got my fingers crossed that the next op is after the tenth, so we can see you at the HU Iron Horse!

Ray

My NC got a flat on its rear Michelin PR3 yesterday while we were riding on a dirt road that was newly covered in crushed slate that made the bike so wiggly I had to stand up most of the way. The hole in the tire was bout half an inch wide with jagged edges. I had tire worms and tools with me but my cheap a&& Slime inflater could barely get the bike up to 10 Lbs. A passerby in a pickup truck lent me the use of his Craftsman 12 volt inflater which got the tire up to 40 Lbs. in short order. The tire which has about 9500 miles on it is still holding air but I guess I'm now in the market for a new rear tire. Decisions, decisions.

Fresh gravel and/or newly grated gravel can tear up a tire. Had multiple punctures on a set of TKC80s from it and helped change a tire on a SUV from it.

Interesting your Slime pump wouldn't do the job. I have two of them and have worked flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back