• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Talk about optical illusions. Your top case looks normal in the top pic but then huge in the bottom pic! Reminds me of the sight gags in the old movie 'Top Secret' and others. They do look good and glad you have another reason to luv your NC.

Ray

That is weird... but yea.. now I'm just going to ride it. As much as possible. I'm doing a "debt free life" thing with my wife. We are trying to pay off everything (Student loans, cars and house included) which means several years of rice and beans, not buying stuff and just getting out from under the thumb of the man. I sold a bunch of my old business stuff when I took a new position which allowed me to buy the NC and Farkles but that's about the last of it for a long time.

My car is a 2006 Pontiac Vibe (Really a Toyota Matrix with different plastic, but WAY cheaper) and it's paid for, so I need it to LAST. So driving the NC as much as humanly possible during the months I can should help 1) me save gas money 2) save miles on the Vibe and 3) add pleasure to my life!

But besides the bike, it's tighten the belt down, put the head down and work towards to being free from the slavery known as debt.
It's pretty crazy how a Car loan, a House loan, student loans and such have become normal (not even taking in to account credit cards)..
It's NOT normal.. it's being shackled by a bank, and we are sick of it!

ANYWAYS.. Loving the NC even more now that I can take basically anything I want with me to work. Heck, my boss saw the new panniers and was like "If you wanna take the bike to film I'm sure you could fit the gear. (We often have to go to Toledo (2 hrs) or Dayton (4.5hrs) to do day shoots or over nights. With the new luggage, I can take everything and only have to strap the Sticks (Large Tripod) across the back... and I'll be getting paid an hourly salary and $.53 cents a mile to ride my motorcycle!!!!! WIN WIN WIN!!!

My car is a 2006 Pontiac Vibe (Really a Toyota Matrix with different plastic, but WAY cheaper) and it's paid for, so I need it to LAST. So driving the NC as much as humanly possible during the months I can should help 1) me save gas money 2) save miles on the Vibe and 3) add pleasure to my life!

Check with your auto insurance company. I was able to reduce my premiums when I started riding because I drove the car so much less often.

Adam

New chain is on and functioning great. Shad seat has replaced the original seat. I love it, noticed the difference the moment I sat down on it. Also noticed I can drop the bar risers off my list, as the Shad seat sits lower, and the bars are now much more comfortable. Even had to adjust my mirrors to compensate. I can even flat-foot both sides now. I still need to give it a longer range ride to get a more accurate feeling, but I think it will be great. This weekend looks like crap for most of it, but maybe Monday will work out.

Check with your auto insurance company. I was able to reduce my premiums when I started riding because I drove the car so much less often.

Adam

when I spoke with my insurance company (State Farm) my overall insurance dropped nearly 30% when I went with the low miles plan (< 7500/year). You just have to ask and be persistent.

Remembered that there's a rail car in town right by where I work, then had to think about what 'tag' I could follow it up with. Even though the weather isn't great, a scenic detour on the way home yielded results and I was still back on my drive before any more rain fell!

when I spoke with my insurance company (State Farm) my overall insurance dropped nearly 30% when I went with the low miles plan (< 7500/year). You just have to ask and be persistent.

I love my insurance agent being a high school classmate, I get all those discounts without asking. Hell, I was getting the low mile discount when I was driving my car exclusively.

Had to drive today, I had to bring a ton of stuff to work and have to pick my 3 year old up directly after work.
Feel like a sell out as it rained today and I was looking forward to the rain commute.

But it was nice to be completely confused by my car as I had not driven it for a few weeks! :D

I took a new rider, a friend of mine, for a nice big circle.
He rode about 130 miles on his new Sportster; I rode an additional 70 or so to get to and from his home.

I also found out how long you can leave the DCT key in the run position before the battery runs down.
Well, I don't know exactly but it is less than an hour.

We sat on his porch and talked over the ride while his daughter entertained us with her baton twirling.
I guess I just walked and left the key on. I think I was talking over the mileage.

A jump start was required.

Last edited:
Finished my 5 day trip, then proceeded to order stuff. New front brake pads, and the plate and bolts for the chain adjusters.
After riding in the rain for hours, I was reminded how much I don't like my current rain gloves, and the only thing that stayed dry were my feet due to my new boots with gore-tex. So, new gloves and a new jacket, both with gore-tex. The things we do to stay dry.

Similar to SleepyC, but I use Olympia Horizon jacket & pants that pack into their own pocket and are quite small and very lightweight. For drizzle/ light rain like my commute this morning I don't bother unless visibility is also foggy or otherwise hindered. My ATGATT jacket & pants already have waterproof liners which can handle that stuff without issue. However I like my hi-viz rain gear as it prevents the outer layer of my regular gear from getting soaked which then becomes heavy and can take a while to dry. It also provides an extra layer of waterproof protection in those areas that struggle, like the crotch! And with it being hi-viz it also aids in drawing attention - always a good thing in the rain. There are jackets out there where the waterproof barrier can be worn on the outside of the jacket, that's a good idea!

While I have waterproof mid-weight and winter gloves, in the summer I carry a <$10 pair of waterproof 'lobster' over gloves. These are like the FrogTogs/Olympia rain gear but for gloves! They do sell over boots too, but my Forma Adventure Low's have no problem with the wet. However if I was touring and anticipated days of riding in the rain I'd consider over boots as well. Yes Goretex et. al. provide a waterproof barrier, but you should still take care of the leather and for me that means if I'm riding for days in the rain then I'm covering them, especially when the covers are <$30. If not, don't forget to occasionally use Dubbin or some other leather treatment.

I have a rain jacket and pants, not thrilled with the jacket, but it mostly worked. The pants are just old and its time to replace them. I paid $20 for the pants/jacket combo around 7 years ago, so it's just time. The pants did property the original jacket though. I hated my astars apex gloves, the liner in that thing was horrible, so any excuse to get something else was good lol. The jacket... Well, i have a thing for jackets.

Removed my winter hard guards today. Friday was so warm I was sweating for the first time this year. I don't want to jinx it but...summer may be here in Canada...

Installed my crosspro skid plate! Details here,

Crosspro skid plate review

c5f88951999138c99668b5001378a087.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back