• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out for the first time in a week. Added that "Ride On" slime into my tires and wow are my wheels smooth now. They were balenced but now they are insanely smooth. Got in just under 200 miles this morning, pretty much my limit as my dumb hip starts to really hurt after 100. Ahh the joys of being stupid as a kid and paying for them when you're older.

20170704_121811.jpg

I decide to ride to the southern end of LBL (Land between the Lakes in Ky) on Sunday.

I rode thru a 10 mile shower on Sunday in the LBL, but it was so hot the cool rain felt good (no rain gear).

I tried to post pictures and just discovered the Photbucket's new policy of you cant host pictures without buying their $99 per year service. arghh. time for a new photo sharing place.

I have to save the pictures somewhere or they turn sideways.
Right now I just save to iCloud and it works.

The net has moved on methinks. Even most entry level smartphones these days have 1920x1080 or better...

Some forumware approaches picture display nicely, with reduced-size inline page display images that open up to full screen when clicked. It can't fix bad smartphone EXIF orientation issues however, which is indeed one reason to do something similar to what sumo is suggesting...

You can upload pics directly to this site, for free. Just hit go advanced.and add images.

I will have to get them from my phone to my work laptop somehow (I absolutely hate using tapatalk app). I don't have Internet at home so my only option is to upload pics from my phone to my work laptop, then upload here. Since I don't have cell service (from any carrier) at my home either, my cell phone is a cheap pay as you go phone, so features are not that great on it or disabled.

The easiest way to get the photos to your laptop is a cable, assuming your phone has some sort of power/data out port.
Or Bluetooth.
Or the old fallback, email or text it to yourself and open it on the laptop.

I will have to get them from my phone to my work laptop somehow (I absolutely hate using tapatalk app). I don't have Internet at home so my only option is to upload pics from my phone to my work laptop, then upload here. Since I don't have cell service (from any carrier) at my home either, my cell phone is a cheap pay as you go phone, so features are not that great on it or disabled.

Also Android or Apple should have a "share" function where if your laptop has Bluetooth, you can share your photos wirelessly to the computer. Fast and high res!

Yesterday morning, snuck out at 6:30am to beat the Portland heat and put a 100 on the back in the backcountry. I am still experimenting with my new(ish) GoPro Session 5, this time mounting it on my helmet. After close review, I need to raise it a click or two, but I was happy with the results. The image stabilization is amazing and the included software allowed me to create this video in about 90 seconds – it randomly picks sections of the 17 minute video and creates this 3 minute one. I am too lazy to edit by hand – grin! I never save them - but they are fun to post here or Facebook once in a while.

July 4th Portland OR - Quik by GoPro

I'm all for the short vids. That's not like the music I hear when I ride, however ; }

Yesterday morning, snuck out at 6:30am to beat the Portland heat and put a 100 on the back in the backcountry. I am still experimenting with my new(ish) GoPro Session 5, this time mounting it on my helmet. After close review, I need to raise it a click or two, but I was happy with the results. The image stabilization is amazing and the included software allowed me to create this video in about 90 seconds – it randomly picks sections of the 17 minute video and creates this 3 minute one. I am too lazy to edit by hand – grin! I never save them - but they are fun to post here or Facebook once in a while.

July 4th Portland OR - Quik by GoPro

I have yet to use the gopro software, of course I've been motovloging with my audio from a different source, so I have to use a video editor. I have found that editing a video is easy, making it entertaining is hard lol.

I was looking at the session, but when I went to best buy the hero 5 black was the same price...so I jumped on it.

It's been raining here, so I didn't ride today, I did shoot a review on my GIVI trekker dolomiti cases.
givi trekker dolomiti review - YouTube

I have more vids on my channel, some are even worth watching lol.

Pulled the trigger.

Got the day off for working a long shift on the 4th.
Woke up at 530am, drove for 6 hours, signed the papers, loaded her up, drove for another 6 hours, so excited that I still took her out for a ride. More importantly, I actually have her now!

A9C97395-A18B-4186-B8FE-40E240B42B3D-4371-0000045E50F31AC5_zpsqzeniwie.jpeg

Got the day off for working a long shift on the 4th.
Woke up at 530am, drove for 6 hours, signed the papers, loaded her up, drove for another 6 hours, so excited that I still took her out for a ride. More importantly, I actually have her now!

A9C97395-A18B-4186-B8FE-40E240B42B3D-4371-0000045E50F31AC5_zpsqzeniwie.jpeg

NICE! I have the same bike (bit different now but it started that way!)
The funny thing is I usually hate red bikes or cars, but this red is really nice. It's a very rich red!
have fun, keep the rubber side facing down!

Likewise, not a phan for, say, red cars. But red is pretty visible until the light fades. I see people buying bikes that blend in with the roadway and then adding stuff for visibility. With red you are ahead of the game. And this is a nice red.

These actually are not from today or yesterday -- they're from three days ago -- the day my NC got blown over by high winds or bumped into when I was away from it, resulting in a broken windscreen and instrument stay/bracket.

2017-07-03 15;29;44 by greenboy, on Flickr

2017-07-03 18;01;25 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here it goes, pictures downloaded to computer from phone, yea!! No more photobucket and their ransom.
Kentucky Lake
IMG_20170702_154654.jpg

Lake Barkley
IMG_20170702_162503.jpg

On top of the Kentucky Lake Dam
IMG_20170703_085306.jpg

Had another picture of the bike below Lake Barkley dam, but it was corrupted in the transfer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back