• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had over 300 bikes on some of my rides. Those rides were when I still had my dealership. My local chapter of the Blue Knights has got together with the local Marine Corp. for the "Ride for Kids". That ride is about the largest of the rides I do now days. We sure gave a lot of kids a Merry Christmas last year, lots of bikes. We could not do that ride without the support of the local community and all the police agencies that block off the entire route for us.

Guy Taylor, our local Marine bugler died last week. He was in his 80's. Made sure he got a proper send off.

bugler.jpg

[video=youtube;fWFteeVAj1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWFteeVAj1A[/video]

[video=youtube;bld5atsRjUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bld5atsRjUs[/video]

Last edited:
I took a nice ride over to Jane, Missouri, and then to Neosho for a baseball game.
I had a very good turkey sandwich at the Jane store. They have regular meals if you get there before 2:00.

From Noel, Missouri going east towards Jane, state highway 90 is a wonderful twisty road.
In fact, almost every road in that area is good, as this Google Earth picture should show.
The white line about 1/3 of the way up is the Arkansas state line.

jane missouri google earth.jpg

Last edited:
Someone was playing around with mounting them up front, on the frame by the radiator. I can't mount them anywhere else with my OEM luggage

I figured it out for $4 worth of parts, some 3/4" p clamps on the front and reused some of the old metal brackets, plus some zip ties.

ab25681e4afe0983ed0a52111ad9f54b.jpg

bb61dab5e616778a346fe25808674b23.jpg

50d030df3cab73eedc044c6bfcfc0062.jpg

29d3f58d144625d7d079c9a733326622.jpg

I think the black looks good with the silver side cases and the black and silver on the bike...

I figured it out for $4 worth of parts, some 3/4" p clamps on the front and reused some of the old metal brackets, plus some zip ties.

ab25681e4afe0983ed0a52111ad9f54b.jpg

bb61dab5e616778a346fe25808674b23.jpg

50d030df3cab73eedc044c6bfcfc0062.jpg

29d3f58d144625d7d079c9a733326622.jpg

I think the black looks good with the silver side cases and the black and silver on the bike...
Looks good and I really like your cases. My cases are the Honda ones with less room, they fit tighter to the bike so no room for the tube

Looks good and I really like your cases. My cases are the Honda ones with less room, they fit tighter to the bike so no room for the tube

Thanks! The only that that bugs me about the topcase is that it hides the new 2016+ rear brake light from anyone in an SUV or higher.
I have extra lights around my license plate so I'm not too worried, but I may decide to run some aux lighting to the back of the topcase.

Heading to the Indianapolis Motorcycle, Boat, and RV show this weekend (tomorrow-Saturday) at the fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana. Going to be cool, but going to ride the Honda up there (about 1.5 hours on the superslab).

Finally broke down and ordered the Madstad. When I first got the bike I thought the Madstad was too ugly but after trying a couple other shields and realizing how much I desperately need decent wind protection I ordered the 22" clear. Now I have to wait for it to arrive...

Finally broke down and ordered the Madstad. When I first got the bike I thought the Madstad was too ugly but after trying a couple other shields and realizing how much I desperately need decent wind protection I ordered the 22" clear. Now I have to wait for it to arrive...

Same here. Had it for two weeks and it's worth the premium price tag and not to mention their awesome customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will like it...

It's a very strange day in the central Wisconsin in the middle of February...........when you leave the ski hill early afternoon because of poor conditions and take a 50 mile ride on the NC. :cool:

E5BD0F16-CCE7-4F54-B747-C4A8C21FFEB5.jpg

52* sunny and not a cloud in the ski.

It's a very strange day in the central Wisconsin in the middle of February...........when you leave the ski hill early afternoon because of poor conditions and take a 50 mile ride on the NC. :cool:

View attachment 32461

52* sunny and not a cloud in the ski.
Yeah, Northern Illinois and 64 degrees out and no snow! Going out tomorrow with the daughter on her new to her 2012 NC700XD.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Finally pulled the fuse cover, to find that (it appears that) someone already installed the accessory harness, just no accessories. At least, the relay and 7.5A fuse are there.

Otoh, it kind of appears that the main fuse(? Red connector right of battery) isn't plugged in all the way:
1487439470627-823738518.jpg
Thoughts?

(yesterday) 1 hour of sun so grabbed the bike and took it for a shakedown cruise with the new bags installed. As I suspected, other that getting on and off, you don't know they are there. Once back, double checked tightness of all the new hardware and we are good to go! There is a 250 mile club ride that I am hoping the weather cooperates for and that will be my first all day ride on her.

IMG_5368.jpg

How are those dry bags working out? Got a Seal Line bag from Aerostich, but have not tried it out yet. Any advice on using them effectively? Thanks.

I have several dry bags, just strap them on, they work great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back