• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am heading out at in morning to ride the IBA big as texas rally. Doing about 1100 miles in 20 hours, with 8 flag stops. Leaving the wing at home and taking the nc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Teachable lesson this morning while fueling up with daughter: Never trust the fuel pump auto-shutoff. Never.

It started raining on the way to her school and as I had to stop for fuel anyway I decided to pull out my waterproofs during the fuel-up process, all the while talking to her about riding in the rain tips. Momentarily stopped paying attention to the fuel until I realised I was about 25c more than I've ever put in, look down and see the rubber catch bowl full of fuel and fuel running down my wet (from rain too) seat!! Thankfully the paper towel dispenser next to me was fully stocked and the windscreen cleaner was also full. Put the cap in and cleaned everything up. The fact that everything was already wet probably helped some.

Fuelly gave me a 63.2mpg so took a minor hit on my stats too!!

But it is Friday and I did ride to work. Still winning!!

Wet ride to work.
People in cars area seriously morons in the rain. I was keeping an extra car or two distance between myself and the car in front of me on the highway incase I needed to break quickly. but to a$$hat car drivers that's an invitation to cut in front of me. So I had to drive close to the car in front of me to actually be safe and not have non looking morons cut me off.

That being said, the New PIAA Yellow LED's kicked ***... So bright I literally saw some heads turn to look at what the lights were.. and BAM they then know a motorcycle was coming! :D

Last edited:
Not much, But installed an airhawk and adjustable Windscreen lip yesterday and wow did that make my 240 mile trip comfortable.

Last edited:
Arrived at the Flying Monkey Adventure Rally (7th Annual Flying Monkey Adventure Rally – 7th Annual Flying Monkey Adventure Rally) at Camp Zion Ponderosa, just outside the east boundary of Zion National Park in southwestern Utah and set up my camp. With temps in the mid-30’s overnight, I’m glad I brought Mr Heater along on this trip.

B91DABA3-AFCE-4A14-999E-9A36F2081FA9.jpg

Got a map of all the trails, decided on the blue route north, up to the gas point at Duck Creek. That ‘Blue=Portions more Challenging’ turned out to be an understatement!

DBF30A09-507F-463D-98B8-245A8094C4DA.jpg 7F7925FF-314F-4446-8F13-D6CDAA421131.jpg

Got the NC’ into off road configuration with a wheel switch to mount the Michelin Anakee Wild off the Moto-Mule and onto the bike. Also the Honda top case was replaced with a 1.75 gal RotopaX fuel pack, a RotopaX Road and Trail Emergency Pack (containing flat tire tools, plugs, and compressor), and forward of them on Dale’s pinion rack, a real first aid pouch and tools.

CE174E5E-F460-4327-867B-63611EBAB2CF.jpg

Got myself ready, including my new Helite Airbag Vest.

76C3DDC5-8214-42B5-BF0C-A416E3C86264.jpg

Got in line with the rest of the group for some serious off-roading. Had a ball!

62EA4CE1-815C-44B2-98B9-3BF448EF7F05.jpg

Survived to Duck Creek! Took pavement back to camp when I noticed a small fork seal leak had developed into a larger fork seal leak. Wasn’t a letdown because I had already reached my fun limit for the day!

430AD9EF-C842-4DD9-BF37-47D209A0A070.jpg

Btw, I have the only NC700 here that I can tell.

07E51A2E-11AC-47F3-845F-81053FD524F2.jpeg

Ray

Last edited:
Did an oil change and a new set of Road Attack 2's.

20171007_083241_zpsxg2agy3y.jpg

Got the Admore light bar 99.5% installed. Dropped one of the Posi-Tap caps into the underworld aka in the body somewhere! So everything except one of the turn signals is working. Was going to order a handful to keep as spares anyway, guess that order just got bumped up in priority!

New chain and rear tire.
Chain was all full of stiff links and the tire was about done, which is great because it collected a nail my last ride.
Also put on highway pegs. Kuryakyn offset type bolted onto the engine guard. Anyone know of a way to reduce the wind on my lower legs? It really flaps my jeans around, to the point I'm sure it would chafe after a few dozen miles.

New chain and rear tire.
Chain was all full of stiff links and the tire was about done, which is great because it collected a nail my last ride.
Also put on highway pegs. Kuryakyn offset type bolted onto the engine guard. Anyone know of a way to reduce the wind on my lower legs? It really flaps my jeans around, to the point I'm sure it would chafe after a few dozen miles.
You could get some Velcro straps to put around your pant legs

Friday myself and 2 others did the big as texas iron butt rally. Perfect day.

Started at 6 am in allen, returned to allen at 2:45 am. We did take an hour and 15 minute break at our last stop in Lubbock.

Involved 7 gas stops (I think) and 8 picture stops. We had to email the bonus code and pic at each stop to the rally master. Total about 1100 miles.

Myself on the NC700dct

Gary 2017 gsa

Bruce 2010 goldwing

199bcf2fd3bdd6273e4f787abcdd80f9.jpg

97eedd9727287b3b6daa32672128bf64.png

c702ca239167a9692ae10037f0c37e6a.jpg

HTB 2017.jpg

Went out for a Bimble with several thousand friends!

Hogging The Bridge is a local annual event where bikers, of all sorts (and I mean ALL sorts) gather and take part in a charity ride where the town and surrounding areas are taken over. Everyone is well received and the public line the streets to High Five passing bikers.

HTB 2017 2.jpg
HTB 2017 3.jpg
HTB 4.jpg
HTB 5.jpg

It seems to stay dry each year for this event in South Wales UK

It started out 16 or so years ago as a Harley event but that went west many moons ago.

The final tally for this year was 6,800 bikes, outfits and quads.

Last edited:
View attachment 34991

Went out for a Bimble with several thousand friends!

Hogging The Bridge is a local annual event where bikers, of all sorts (and I mean ALL sorts) gather and take part in a charity ride where the town and surrounding areas are taken over. Everyone is well received and the public line the streets to High Five passing bikers.

View attachment 34992
View attachment 34993
View attachment 34994
View attachment 34995

It seems to stay dry each year for this event in South Wales UK

It started out 16 or so years ago as a Harley event but that went west many moons ago.

The final tally for this year was 6,800 bikes, outfits and quads.

Wow! What an amazing turn out. Would love to see that in person.

The weather has finally turned cooler, needed to add 5 -10 psi to the tires on both bikes to adjust for temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back