• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The colorful end of the season is upon us...
26b01587a5c366a3f70e14b6fa3ea821.jpg

Caught a rut in the driveway that threw me instantly 90 degrees to the left violently, but i kept it up. Pull out of the rut straighten her up, and proceed to tip over :D. No Damage, no injury, but it made me laugh. First time dropping the NC after almost 7k miles, and first time dropping a bike in probably 15k miles(last time I thought the kickstand was down on my old nighthawk and couldn't stop it.

Went to Port Dover, Ontario for the Friday the 13th motorcycle rally with Sumo.
Cloudy morning opened into a beautiful blue sky afternoon. Easily over 50,000 bikes and they estimate over 100k people.
Great ride, great day.
hh18VtS.jpg

5IZL1Ps.jpg

Roll the bones rally in Whitney tx

Awesomely day today, temp perfect last night .

Thanks Dody for organizing this rally.

Rich @simmons1 lead our little band of bikers today, we had 3 dct (automatic transmissions) 2 Africa twin and my nc,

466190ce78ef9c5390bea0d664cd913c.jpg

A little 2 track

96ab57282b18aed690115c7eb4f07e8a.jpg

Cody got a flat 4 miles from the end. Rich pulled out his Baja no pinch took, I think he sold about 8 units. Had the tire mounted in 45 seconds.

9c00caaffcad1dda5e05c0886e0c3164.jpg

My casa spot:

8191ffb9c89b543ea3dbe16ecf31c904.jpg

Overall ride today: 203 miles today, about 100 miles of dirt:

ec99cedfc880a4dccc8d8dc83a2f88d6.png

I went on a two day ride, to southeast Ohio, Athens county, to ride the Ohio Windy 9, with my sister, a BMW rider. We rode down 77 to get there faster, and made a stop at the Big Muskie Bucket, near McConnelsville.
Once in Athens, we did a tour of OU, where my sister attended decades ago, so she showed me around.
We rode about half of the routes, and enjoyed them quite nicely. A little rain on day one, but day two was a perfect fall in Ohio. These are the days we all live to ride. The road quality was excellent, many newly paved or patched.
We stopped in the visitors center and spoke with a few of the organizers of the Windy 9, very friendly and helpful.
This is the area where the MSTA Mail Pouch Fly By takes place in late August. I had thought about attending this year, and now I make sure it happens in the future.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend it.
Big Muskie - Wikipedia

Ohio’s Windy 9 | Athens County Visitor's Bureau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and she introduced me to ear plugs on the ride home, after we got off the Triple Nickel, it was freeway all the way from Zanesville, about 2+ hours.
I can't believe I have been riding this many years and only now took her advice. What a difference.

Project day. I came across the thread on raising the front of the seat and raised mine per the suggestions to use chair rubber tips and a metal bracket. So happy I saw that thread, I was getting tired of hugging the frunk. Installed a Eastern Beaver mini 3 circuit kit in the battery compartment. Built a wire harness for a pair of driving spot lights and installed the lights. I am not sold yet on the light mounts, I need to give it some time before deciding if I will get a pair for my wife's CB500x or go with different lights and/or brackets. I am hoping to put some miles on the NC tomorrow.

lights 2 crop.jpg
light 2 crop.jpg
Harness.jpg

Just this.

10K NC700.jpg

Actually it had ~7,300 on it when I bought it three months ago. But still, for those of us who like round numbers, IIWII.
Funny though, I didn't FEEL crashed when I took the picture.... :confused:

Last edited:
Oh, and she introduced me to ear plugs on the ride home, after we got off the Triple Nickel, it was freeway all the way from Zanesville, about 2+ hours.
I can't believe I have been riding this many years and only now took her advice. What a difference.

I use the NoNoise motorcycle model and really like them. I tried some standard plugs that we use at work, but they reduce all noises.

Great weekend - 60 degrees and sunny both Saturday (145 miles) and Sunday (210 miles) in Portland Oregon. Sat was solo and Sun was with a bunch of friends at the Oregon Scooter Club (I am an honorary member...DCT, gas under the Seat, frunk, etc...grin!). Doesn't get any better. Winter is coming...ugh.

New battery. For those who have troubles and think, it was fine last time I rode it. On Sat. October 7th, I rode about 150 miles, no problems, no drag on the starter, ran like a champ. I don't have accessories (extra lights, horn,etc) on my bike. The only thing I have is a usb charging cable for my gps, one for my phone, which I didn't use either on Oct 7th. When I got home, turned it off, put up on center stand. I went out this past Saturday, Oct 14th, turned it on, fuel pump hissed, lights were on, hit the start button and click, click, click. Oh no. Hooked the battery up to my battery charger and less than 5 minutes, charger stated 'charged'. Hit the start button, and click click click... took the battery out, went to C&T cycles in Scottsburg Indiana (Mom and Pop shop who own some property down the hill from me-they use the property as a weekend camp) and they had a battery, same size, same cranking amps, same type as the OEM battery. Bought it, took it home, installed it and boom, started right up. Rode the bike for about 3.5 hours around Madison Indiana (past the proven grounds, on country roads, past a place where a motorcross race was being held-didn't stop, I was interested in riding, not watching other guys ride) and bike was aokay.
I could have purchased the same battery online for about $10 cheaper; however, I would have had to wait until it was delivered, and batteries/tires I buy from them to help keep the small businesses in business.

By the way, the old battery was original with 41,000+ miles on it (2013 NC700X). I purchased the bike new July 7th, 2013. So battery was at least 4.5 years old.

Last edited:
Well I'm pretty happy!

It was 39 deg F when I left for work this am. The new ISX jacket and Klim Snowmobile gloves are AWESOME. 25 mile ride in and nothing was cold except my feet (slightly) and a tiny spot on my neck. A neck gator will cure that or I can attach the zip on hood thing the jacket came with and see if that works. The feet, I'm going to have to get a pair of waterproof/winterish boots.. my summer perforated boots just ain't cutting it. (perforated.. Hmm wonder why my feet were cold)

But again, that ISX jacket for the price is seriously killer.

PUMPED!

I have the right gear, but grabbed the wrong gloves. Meant to grab my heated ones (even though I dont always plug them in) as they stop the wind the best. I zipped up the vents on my Klim and was fine (short-sleeved polo shirt only). Need to throw my gloves in the tail box. It's nearly time (just based on the temps for this week) to get the heated liner out as well. Where did this year go?

Similar story here, when I left this morning in the mid 30's. Heated grips set to 5 and then 4 and then 3 for the final few miles. Rest of the gear performed as usual and was very happy & comfortable! Wore a beanie cap & neck gaiter to good effect. I have a fleece balaclava but decided it's not really cold enough for that yet.Had been thinking of getting a heated jacket liner as I already have the wiring in place. Maybe I'll wait to see how it goes this season and pick one up in the Spring if they go on sale.

Fobo informed me that my front tyre was at 32PSI this morning, figure it's probably time to add the winter 3-4PSI, so got that done!

Took a ~170 mile ride, but it didn't want to crank on the first startup, low battery.

Used my jump pack and fired right up, need to look for a replacement battery.

Rode to Joplin to get some medical records and back mostly on back roads. About 100miles.
Decided it was time to put the Madstad back on. Maybe tomorrow.

Used my new jackets zip in head thing and I was sorted. Feet still cold but that's because I have boots with holes in them... ON PURPOSE no less!!
HAHA

Now with thermal layers I can def ride into the 20's f. If it doesn't snow I'm good.
I just hope one day I don't ride in dry and it snows during the work day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back