• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch out for that Black Ice, Sleepy, and ride safe!

Will do.
It was dry on the roads this am, I think if it had rained or was wet I'd have driven the cage... Ice freaks me out... I was looking for it though!
Next week looks like a solid commuting week tho... would love to ride all year... would be awesome in Ohio!

You might have to call the wife to pick you up. Do you have a truck? You might be needing it to pick up the bike later on.

I'll ride slowly... I'm on a mission after 35 years of riding to be a "real biker".

I used to be a parts guy at a place now long gone called Northshore Yamaha and I watched a Hells Angle Prospect ride everyday one year. A giant Harley everyday... through 12" of snow didn't matter. I guess to be in the "club" you had to ride 365 days in one year. So I just want to ride "a lot" in all conditions. be a MAN! :D

I'll ride slowly... I'm on a mission after 35 years of riding to be a "real biker".

I used to be a parts guy at a place now long gone called Northshore Yamaha and I watched a Hells Angle Prospect ride everyday one year. A giant Harley everyday... through 12" of snow didn't matter. I guess to be in the "club" you had to ride 365 days in one year. So I just want to ride "a lot" in all conditions. be a MAN! :D

Well here in SoCal we can ride year round without worrying about snow and ice. :cool:

However, we have to worry about terrible drivers staring at their smartphones sending D-Pix to their girlfriends and a cup of Starbucks in their other hand.

giphy.gif

About a 2 hr pleasure ride. Sunny, started out about 38 degrees and hit 40 as I️ finished. A compression shirt and pants, thermal (Chilly Peppers) shirt, firstgear tpg pants, Columbia omniheat fleece, and my Kilimanjaro jacket and winter gloves and I was comfy the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washed the boys today. Riding late into Ohio's season can have bad results if you dont wash the bikes... road salt. Awful stuff. But it was 45deg so I snuck in a good washing.

20171112_140129.jpg

Southern NJ in the beginning of the cold days

The temperature yesterday in New Jersey was in the low thirties. I drove from NYC down I-95 to Allentown, NJ , a quaint little town with a great old mill building. Then I motored around that area to enjoy the last bits of fall foliage and visited Historic Walnford (1700s farm). Then I headed back east to see the Jersey shore at sunset.

Allentown Mill

20171111_144734a.jpg

Historic Walnford
20171111_150212.jpg

Last edited:
Just another typical commute day in Olympia, Washington. 30 minutes each way. Weather site says we got about an inch and a half of rain today - I swear most of it came down during my evening commute.... It was in the mid 40's so there was no chance of ice. The worry today was hydro planing !?!?! :eek:

I hit a couple of 2" deep waterholes at 45mph and rode through a few "mini creeks" running across the highway. I actually wondered aloud what it would be like to hit a salmon while riding an NC!!
>Thom

PS. Search YouTube for "salmon crossing highway".... Just saying - it could happen on a day like today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back