• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought one of those police type LED flashing red tail lights for mine and i too have been waiting for one of them rainy days that are coming all-too-quickly! :{P

I start a new commute in November. Instead of 110 miles of boring 4 lane highway this commute of 65 miles has all kinds of road options through central Wisconsin... county highways, backroads without center lines, lots of woods right up to the road, interesting farms and homes, lots of slightly curvy roads. I could take a differing route every day... or use the highway/freeway route to save a bit of time. I tried out a route today, making it up as I went, on my NC in the sunny 55 degrees. I’m gonna love this commute.
(I know, I’m entering snow season, but there is a little ski place in the middle of my commute that, with a season pass, will give a little break in the drive.)

Replaced my very well used duct taped Corbin seat
20181020_212717.jpg
With a much nicer all black Corbin that matches my bike better
20181022_200507.jpg
Modified my rack so it wouldn't ruin this seat too, I cut too much.
20181022_200513.jpg
Took my 10mm and ratchet for a 40 mile, 6 of them dirt, for an open air ride.
IMG_20181022_201423_01.jpg

Nice to be back on the bike commuting. Was away last week and came back to a 38 degree commute. Nothing that a turtleneck and neck gaiter can't fix. If this keeps up will have to put my Winter hand guards on. Lubed the chain so should be good for another month.

This past Saturday was the last day for riding around here, I think. I went for an 80 mile round trip to the dealer with my son Max on his CB500X. I'm hoping I can ride to the next breakfast meeting for my club on November 4th, before we put the bikes away for the winter.

This past Saturday was the last day for riding around here, I think. I went for an 80 mile round trip to the dealer with my son Max on his CB500X. I'm hoping I can ride to the next breakfast meeting for my club on November 4th, before we put the bikes away for the winter.

Makes me sad that they have to be put awaY.

Although our mornings have been close to 32f, the afternoon rides in the 55f-65f have been very nice. Unseasonably warm for us this time of year so i'm taking advantage of every day that is not icy!
:{)

Nippy 37'F commuting to work this morning-on the Interstate down right cold.....but 5'F warmer than yesterday morning (frost yesterday so no ride yesterday morning). Be careful out there guys, 3 motorcyclists killed in the past 4 days in the Louisville/southern Indiana area (all 3 left hand turns in front of the bike)...

I'm 600 miles away from crossing 50k miles. I don't think I'm going to get it, my riding is done for the year come Nov 1st due to ACL surgery.

Good thing about North Carolina. Can ride just about any day during the winter. My rule used to be 50 and sunny. Now that I have heated gear, 40 and sunny is a guideline.

My rule is no frost, snow, ice on the road or in the forecast...Heading to work in the mornings, the local highway goes thru Indiana's oldest state forestry (hilly, windy) and frost usually turns to black ice on the culverts and little bridges...

Daughter brought me a sticker from Argentina. Had to put it on the bike although I've not ridden there.

2018102808582077-IMG_0252-XL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back