• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[emoji1360]
55ce059847fffe937fc2e6a1ca11da05.jpg
5fd2b6b397854d4da8731a1af6fe5923.jpg

Save pictures to the cloud or somewhere else before posting and it won’t turn them like that. No idea why.
Or put them through an editing app, same thing don't know why it works but it does

Got an Aprilia shock installed (from a 2016) but didn't have a source for an Ohlins spring. Instead I used the closest one from Racetech (178mm x 114nm). Based on the 25% sag number (1.5"), I'm compressing the spring too little (1.25') but the spring adjustment is all the way out. Rode it and it's so much better based on a 10 mile ride. This made a bigger difference than the Gold Emulators. I might have to put lighter oil in the forks but I'll ride it for a while first.

For reference, I'm down to about 165 lbs before adding full gear. Plus the Givi bags and trunk (side bags were off when measuring sag).

The gold cylinder is shoving on the plastic above it. Should I be concerned? The plastic is flexible but I wonder about how it and the shock will handle it with age. It does prevent me from inserting the screw for the left side plastic cover.

Anyone know what the clicker is on the bottom of the shock? I counted 30 clicks and have it set in the middle. The Honda dealer who swapped spring didn't know what it was for. I could Google but since I'm already posting...
ef6dbc40752b822b5b6f90de5334167f.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm curious too. They look like they might be DRY-SPEC bottle holders.

What bottle holders are those?

Men..., I have no idea what kind the mounting "bracket/holders" are as each MSR bottle came with their own Nylon strap/Velcro mount. I did check each of them over out of curiosity and there were no labels on either of them. They did mount up really and feel very secure. :{)

...And the results are in. The MadStad windscreen is a hit in my book. Enjoyed a nice 200 mile ride. Took a few pictures. Stopped for a Dutch Bro's hot Mocha to warm up and turned for home. Great day, Great ride. Lots of winds blowing from nearly every direction, high 40's-low 50f and even got some drops of precipitation for a few miles. :{)

I rode through the Palouse Wa area and as i entered Pullman Washington(another college town) i spotted a new welcome sign written in 30 languages!
Palouse ride, Pullman Wa welcome sign.jpg

With Doctrue a no-show this morning at the coffee zone, i rode over to Yamaha of Louisville for demo days. That Tracer 900 is the mac daddy, fell in love with that bike. Torque, speed, smooth, factory cruise control, 3 ride modes-take it over a Tenere any day.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I'm sorry about not sowing up yesterday. I forgot I sent that invite to you. I had a family thing pop up. I canceled it on facebook and missed letting you know about it. It's weird though, I've done several rides from there and I've only had one person ever show up for it and the one time I can't make it, there was you and about 3 people on the facebook page wanting to go. Maybe it's the weather.

Got an Aprilia shock installed (from a 2016) but didn't have a source for an Ohlins spring. Instead I used the closest one from Racetech (178mm x 114nm). Based on the 25% sag number (1.5"), I'm compressing the spring too little (1.25') but the spring adjustment is all the way out. Rode it and it's so much better based on a 10 mile ride. This made a bigger difference than the Gold Emulators. I might have to put lighter oil in the forks but I'll ride it for a while first.

For reference, I'm down to about 165 lbs before adding full gear. Plus the Givi bags and trunk (side bags were off when measuring sag).

The gold cylinder is shoving on the plastic above it. Should I be concerned? The plastic is flexible but I wonder about how it and the shock will handle it with age. It does prevent me from inserting the screw for the left side plastic cover.

Anyone know what the clicker is on the bottom of the shock? I counted 30 clicks and have it set in the middle. The Honda dealer who swapped spring didn't know what it was for. I could Google but since I'm already posting...
Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

clicker on the bottom is rebound, adjuster on the canister is compression... how to link at https://apriliaklubben.se/apriliadok/Apriliadokument/Motorcycle%20Suspension%20Guide%20V4.pdf

Winter maintenance. Commuting season is over for me, so I'll be riding one of my scooters for any miles remaining.

Replaced fork oil on the left side; right side was done a couple of months ago due to an oil leak.
Motor oil and engine and transmission filter.
Adjusted the valves.
Replaced coolant.

That's pretty much all the preventive maintenance I did all year long, so not bad for ~6,000 miles.

I had planned a 540 mile ride yesterday and got really cold after only about 100 miles. Luckily i saw a Dutch Bro's Coffee stand and was able to stop and get warmed up with a 20oz hot Mocha! I had all of my cold weather gear on but had forgotten my balaclava. While i chickened out and turned for home, i later remembered that i had my Under Armour Balaclava in the top box, so i stopped and put it on. Wow, what i difference that made. All this summer i had not realized the tremendous amount of air that flows in, around and through my neck/ear area until now that it is cold out. After just a few miles, i was much warmer and made it home with no complaints. We usually get snow in my area by halloween, then it disappears until right before/about Thanksgiving. I'll hold out on riding mine as much as i can squeeze in until then. So it looks like i'm going to invest in a nice Gerbring heated vest/pant liners. :{)

I had planned a 540 mile ride yesterday and got really cold after only about 100 miles. Luckily i saw a Dutch Bro's Coffee stand and was able to stop and get warmed up with a 20oz hot Mocha! I had all of my cold weather gear on but had forgotten my balaclava. While i chickened out and turned for home, i later remembered that i had my Under Armour Balaclava in the top box, so i stopped and put it on. Wow, what i difference that made. All this summer i had not realized the tremendous amount of air that flows in, around and through my neck/ear area until now that it is cold out. After just a few miles, i was much warmer and made it home with no complaints. We usually get snow in my area by halloween, then it disappears until right before/about Thanksgiving. I'll hold out on riding mine as much as i can squeeze in until then. So it looks like i'm going to invest in a nice Gerbring heated vest/pant liners. :{)
Gloves too! I haven't used my socks or pants yet under my Aerostich Roadcrafter. I DO use my gloves and jacket liner. When I was shopping for gloves I tried some heated textile windproof and waterproof gloves. They were nice. Guy said something that made sense. "Even though you get leather gloves with Gortex liner the leather still gets wet. Your hand will be warm but heavy and will feel clammy."
That made sense but I put on a pair of California Heat leather gloves and... they just fit like a glove! Bought them and put Nikwax on them and haven't ridden in rain and cold yet.
Just thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm sorry about not sowing up yesterday. I forgot I sent that invite to you. I had a family thing pop up. I canceled it on facebook and missed letting you know about it. It's weird though, I've done several rides from there and I've only had one person ever show up for it and the one time I can't make it, there was you and about 3 people on the facebook page wanting to go. Maybe it's the weather.

No problem. I wasnt a member of that facebook page so I didnt see the cancel (I am a member now). I dont have cell signal at my house (from any carrier) so I miss a lot of stuff anyways. Coffee was good at the coffee zone. I people watched until 1030 and then went over to the Yamaha of Louisville (backup plan...). The riding days are numbered unless riders really want to ride in really cold weather. Saturday morning it was 42'F when I left the house and doing 70mph on the Interstate, the wind chill was around 17'F. I was covered and I was ok.

The Tracer 900 has heated grips, and boy, those things work on that bike. Got back to the dealer and I asked 'how the heck do you turn this things off', very hot hands (heat was uncomfortable). No switch for the heated grips-they turn on/off thru a dash menu...

Spooned in my first tubeless tire, Shinko 705. It was a pain. Had to use the ratchet strap method to seat the bead thanks to grey1one. The old one had little over 10,000 miles. Could have squeezed out more but I’m going to Pahrump for a rally end of the month.

7d34ddaab99095e5f4d3226d3730134a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our temps are finally close to the seasonal norm, switched from stock to my vStream screen and installed the plastics on my Barkbusters.
Had to add air to both tires as our high temps have dropped ~20º. Our little group is riding on Monday. :cool:

Had a great 130 mile ride this afternoon. I ended up in Davenport Washington and as i was turning around, i saw this old motel/antique shop all made up like an old western movie set. :{)

Davenport ride2 .jpg

later i was passing through Reardan Washington and i spotted a little sign advertising "train rides" with what looked like 1/2 sized trains. This was positioned outfront on display. :{)

Davenport ride3 .jpg

Last edited:
I've been through there, my sister has a cabin up in the mountains of E Washington and Davenport is the closest town.
We actually stayed in Post Falls for a couple of days, made a run up to Sandpoint on Lake Pend Oreille.
Nice little town when we went through in Sept. This was a couple of years ago and I was riding my '98 Goldwing.

I've been through there, We actually stayed in Post Falls for a couple of days, made a run up to Sandpoint on Lake Pend Oreille. Nice little town

Hey G1 that is great to hear, it is such a beautiful area and lots of scenic riding. Right now the Bald Eagles are coming around and will be all over the place between Post Falls Idaho and St Regis Montana all along the Lakes/River. September is absolutely one of the best times to ride up here. With the trees all starting to change colors all over the mountain sides... simply gorgeous. The next time you are headed up here let me know and we can meet up for lunch or something on me! I know some great rides for PIE!! :{)

Finished the install of the GIVI pannier rack and installed the Givi V35 side boxes on my wife's NC700x.

I had previously installed the brackets under the rear seat so mounting up the rest was actually simple. Also installed an ADMORE LED light kit into the V35 boxes. The wires have not been run to the bikes brake lights yet. That is a project for a rainy day.

Admore Light => V35 SIDE CASE - LED BI-COLOR KIT (TS,RY) - AdMore Lighting Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back