• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
13.something sounds too high for a resting voltage on an old stock battery. You need to let the battery sit unused for an hour or so, then measure the voltage.
After sitting overnight I checked it this morning before work- 13.0 volts. So it's not like the battery acts as though it's weak and I'm having difficulty getting the bike to start, no, it fires up strong every time.... until it doesn't.

That seems indicative of a loose plate inside the battery. I've had this happen in a Ford Ranger I owned some years ago. It would load test fine, it would start fine, until it didn't. Then, after a jump, I'd run down to the auto parts store and they'd load test it again, and it's good because the plate that was shorting out moved back to where it belongs during the drive, eliminating the short.

Anyway, the new battery is on its way from Oregon- I expect it'll be here today or tomorrow.

1400.jpg1417.jpg
Rode up to Los Alamos, CA for one night. A weekday is the best time to take the 154 out of Santa Barbara, with a stop in Los Olivos, then back onto Foxen Canyon Road.
I went up to Foxen for a quick wine tasting, then took Alisos Canyon Road to the 101 and a short ride over to Los Alamos, where I checked into the motel and spent the afternoon visiting tasting rooms. Only had room in my frunk for 5 bottles of wine.
The bike worked well. I kept it in D most of the ride, though did switch to S mode for the winding portion of the canyon road. Averaged 63 mpg round trip.

Actually yesterday...
Commuted to work in a heavy rain. Great fun!

Today - washed and waterproofed (Nikwax) my Aerostich to get ready for the long wet season.
>T

Last edited:
Actually yesterday...

Today - washed and waterproofed (Nikwax) my Aerostich to get ready for the long wet season.
>T
You have to nikwax it? Never did that yet and going on three years. Thought that's what the goretex is for?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mine is a Roadcrafter suit that I bought second-hand on ADV Rider and it is very good at keeping me dry here in the NW rains. It does get pretty grimy after a considerable bit of driving so I went to the Aerostich site and found this comment...

"To help your suit work best after long use and multiple launderings, use a durable wash-in repellent like Nikwax®".

My understanding is that when/if Goretex gets too dirty, it will actually lose some of its protective ability because the dirt and grime will act as a wick to pass water through the fabric.

So, I use the Nikwax cleaner (Tech Wash) and their Tx.Direct Wash-in treatment that is supposed to "refresh" the Goretex. I have no scientific proof one way or the other on the effectiveness of my process, but it's never let me down so, what the heck.
>T

Mine is a Roadcrafter suit that I bought second-hand on ADV Rider and it is very good at keeping me dry here in the NW rains. It does get pretty grimy after a considerable bit of driving so I went to the Aerostich site and found this comment...

"To help your suit work best after long use and multiple launderings, use a durable wash-in repellent like Nikwax[emoji2400]".

My understanding is that when/if Goretex gets too dirty, it will actually lose some of its protective ability because the dirt and grime will act as a wick to pass water through the fabric.

So, I use the Nikwax cleaner (Tech Wash) and their Tx.Direct Wash-in treatment that is supposed to "refresh" the Goretex. I have no scientific proof one way or the other on the effectiveness of my process, but it's never let me down so, what the heck.
>T
Nice to know. I am at the end of my 2nd or 3rd riding season and need to wash my Roadcrafter too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Had the joy of having a truck change lanes in a round about at the last minute with no signal...wish I had a button that would slap people...

I bought some cool stuff for the NC today. Headlight shield/cover, touring windscreen with wings, 4 fuel bottles/velcro holders, 2 factory hard case waterproof liners and some other stuff. Now to get all of it mounted! :{)

Puig levers
e8123cf70df38f3b275c4f0f15578c8f.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Shimmied it out the man door in my garage due to a power outage :D

That sounds like a fun challenge, but do you not have a manual release handle on your door opener?

Actually yesterday...

>T

I wash my used Aerostich suits once a year. I've read that although the Gore Tex membrane will keep you dry the nylon fabric of the suit will absorb a lot of water without a waterproof coating and that the wet fabric of the suit will make you feel chilled.

Rode to work today. The NC hasnt felt the love in about 3 weeks (been riding the old C50 Boulevard exclusively). The C50 is about to get numerous maintenance items performed so NC700x is going to be the default bike for awhile.
bike 10052018.jpg

Changed the oil as I just went over 20,000 miles on my 2014. Noticed the oil filter was really hard to remove. Had to use a wide vise grip. Also flushed the brake fluids. Front looked good but rear not so much.

Next week gonna install new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the RT springs installed and ordered a spring for the Aprilia shock I got off eBay. RT springs + emulators help but the OK roads are still rough. I can tell part of that is the rear so hopefully this will make me happy.

I never cared to put this much effort into the suspension when in lived in KY ('81 KZ440LTD, Vulcan 750, ST1100, Voyager XII, and the nc700x). Sometimes I wonder if OK roads are that bad or if I'm just getting old... [emoji3]

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back