• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of observations.
1. I’m a sucker for good deals.
2. Rok straps are awesome.
That is all.

05871fe8d9b8843f0293767bb7b4a948.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah ROK straps are awesome
fc2c386a134e59f0bcfd76f9b23fa5e8.jpg

Another member on the forum recommended them [emoji106]

Last edited:
Changed fork oil using a syringe and hose. 260ml out and that much back in. Easy job.

Just curious as to how You did that on the basis that there will occasionally be sludge from normal wear that usually gathers in the bottom of the fork leg ? For that reason my tech thoroughly flushes out the forks with paraffin (I think) and leaves them hanging overnight to drain before refilling.

Just curious as to how You did that on the basis that there will occasionally be sludge from normal wear that usually gathers in the bottom of the fork leg ? For that reason my tech thoroughly flushes out the forks with paraffin (I think) and leaves them hanging overnight to drain before refilling.

Didn't think of that. But I order racetech emulators so they'll come apart next weekend.

I don't think he would use paraffin (basically wax) for cleaning. Maybe kerosene or white kerosene (lamp oil)? That would do the trick.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Didn't think of that. But I order racetech emulators so they'll come apart next weekend.

I don't think he would use paraffin (basically wax) for cleaning. Maybe kerosene or white kerosene (lamp oil)? That would do the trick.

I believe in the Old World "Paraffin" means kerosene.

I brought my bike back from the Race Tech man. Only 16 miles away it turns out. Not far to test it but I can tell you one thing I noticed and that is that when one hits a small bump one no longer feels the shock wave from the grips nor the shock wave from the rear up the spine. Hallelujah! Thank you Race Tech.
P.S. The wife was shocked (not awed) when I told her the total for all three of our NCs. Oh well.

My Wolo Bad Boy horn died so I replaced it yesterday with this:

Wolo (619 Big Bad Max Air Horn - 12 Volt Amazon.com: Wolo (619 Big Bad Max Air Horn - 12 Volt: Automotive

This one sounds like a truck and is definitely an attention getter. My existing wiring and relay were fine so this was a drop-in replacement. Bolted it to the cross member of my SW crash bars.

Did about a 3.5 hr ride using the Garmin 396 “round trip” function with curvy roads - it worked very well and took me down a number of roads I had never seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went with my daughter Saturday on a group ride for new riders. 93 degrees, humid, and slow. Not yee haw fun.
Went out alone briefly Sunday. 70 degrees, yee haw fun.

Last edited:
The fan isn't loud enough to hear with the motorcycle running, you've got to actually look. My assumption is the fan has so many blades that when it's needed but not running it's actually blocking a large area from letting air flow through, that or I've got other cooling problems [emoji15] gosh I hope not.
The fan diagnosis is the same as a cars, I new the engine was hot enough it should be on and it wasn't so I checked the relay (no change) so i checked the water temp sensor, as soon as I unplugged it, the fan came on, so the sensor isn't sending the correct information. That is good news because the fan motor is expensive so I'm glad it wasn't that.
I'm still waiting on the temp sensor so I'll report back if that does or doesn't fix my problem.
Water temp sensor came in on Saturday put it in yesterday and rode to work this morning everything working as it should [emoji1360]

Pic of the old party vs new
77a5f20e80527ddaf8aba7853a398036.jpg

How many miles? No clue but the mpg on my next tank will be interesting...

So at 8:45am yesterday I was at a park with two local police departments. The objective? Teaching the public phase 2 of the motorcycle police training. The park was barricaded, cones setup, speed limit signs were ignored, and groups of 4-5 (18 total riders) went out with 2 officers to run the course. Swerves, box corners, and other things required lots of hard braking and slow speeds. Speed between maneuvers was not limited so it was all out if you wanted that (yes, that was done by many). Best of all... it was fun, free, and my insurance rates have been lowered. I got home sore and tired at 3:45.

If you're near Tulsa, the Broken Arrow department is doing the phase 1 class on Oct 14. This is all parking lot stuff required to take the second class (MSF class doesn't count). I'll be there. There's no limit to the number of times you can take the classes.

Bike fired up fine this morning and rode the 15 mins to work. After I parked the bike I decided to move it forward a little bit, then re-back it in. Hit the starter and my thumb slipped off the button, so the starter engaged only for a moment. I tired it again and the battery suddenly acts weak.

I figured I'd re-attack after work, maybe the engine was on a compression stroke and the starter couldn't turn it.

After work it was no better, and had to jump it with the jump-box.

The check-engine light was flashing- well that's new.

In my frustration I chunked it in gear with the kickstand down.... again. :mad:

Fortunately someone wanted to chat so the bike had been running for about ten mins at that point, so it fired right back up.

The flashing check-engine was on solid all the way home, and after I shut it down and restarted it the light was out.

Not sure what's going on here.

Bike fired up fine this morning and rode the 15 mins to work. After I parked the bike I decided to move it forward a little bit, then re-back it in. Hit the starter and my thumb slipped off the button, so the starter engaged only for a moment. I tired it again and the battery suddenly acts weak.

I figured I'd re-attack after work, maybe the engine was on a compression stroke and the starter couldn't turn it.

After work it was no better, and had to jump it with the jump-box.

The check-engine light was flashing- well that's new.

In my frustration I chunked it in gear with the kickstand down.... again. :mad:

Fortunately someone wanted to chat so the bike had been running for about ten mins at that point, so it fired right back up.

The flashing check-engine was on solid all the way home, and after I shut it down and restarted it the light was out.

Not sure what's going on here.

A good place to start would be some battery voltage measurements with the key off, and again with it running, assuming it will start. Also check battery terminal connections. If it’s the original 2012 battery, you might as well replace it.

A good place to start would be some battery voltage measurements with the key off, and again with it running, assuming it will start. Also check battery terminal connections. If it’s the original 2012 battery, you might as well replace it.
With what I know about batteries in general that's great advice. It was reading 13.something when I got home engine off. I wasn't checking the battery voltage but trying to figure out why my charger pigtail was not working (blown fuse).

Someone told me the battery can discharge out the kickstand through the garage floor. Says I should put a block of wood under. True?

Where do we get the most bang-for-the-buck on replacement batteries?

For some reason car batteries seem much simpler. AGM? Suggestions?

With what I know about batteries in general that's great advice. It was reading 13.something when I got home engine off. I wasn't checking the battery voltage but trying to figure out why my charger pigtail was not working (blown fuse).

Someone told me the battery can discharge out the kickstand through the garage floor. Says I should put a block of wood under. True?

Battery-stuff.com out by you. AGM is good. No acid fumes or over flow to corrode your bike. I have gone to the scorpion Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries from this site.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

13.something sounds too high for a resting voltage on an old stock battery. You need to let the battery sit unused for an hour or so, then measure the voltage. This is called the Open Circuit Voltage and can give some clues as to the battery health.

Whoever told you about the kickstand discharge has a warped understanding of vehicle electrical systems. I’ve never heard of anything so stupid regarding battery discharge. This is something you might tell people as a joke just to see how gullible they are.

You get the best bang for your buck buying the cheapest battery you can find on the internet, but you may also get a short lived, unreliable battery.

The original Yuasa YTZ12S battery is an AGM. I’d suggest replacing it with same, however use Yuasa’s more competitively priced Motocross brand and get the same battery for less money. Expect to pay about $100.

Last edited:
Wish i was closer JS, that sounds like a lot of fun! :{)
They're not the only ones doing it. Check your area, you might have it available. I just stumbled across it since it's not publicized very well.

The original Yuasa YTZ12S battery is an AGM. I’d suggest replacing it with same, however use Yuasa’s more competitively priced Motocross brand and get the same battery for less money. Expect to pay about $100.

What is their motocross brand? I may need a new battery soon so a less expensive Yuasa would be awesome.

What is their motocross brand? I may need a new battery soon so a less expensive Yuasa would be awesome.

Read about it here: Yuasa YTX14-BS vs Motocross YTX14-BS -

I personally would buy the battery wherever the price is lowest. I referenced the link above for an explanation of the Motocross brand, not an endorsement of that particular vendor.

E6A94930-89A4-4DA2-9D0C-BB756DB3921A.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back