• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went out for a ride with my wife. 62 miles for a grilled cheese sandwich. Started out at 55 degrees but warmed up to the lower 60’s. Sunny the whole trip.

Did my fall ride with my brother. 1,050 miles starting late Thursday through about an hour ago.

Did the Dragon, the Cherohola, 215 (a magnificent ride I had not done before), about 15 miles of tough fire roads around the cherohola, down through Franklin and Highlands.

Sat and Sun were clear and a bit cold, Friday and today raining and foggy. Oh well, you can’t have everything.

The DCT performed flawlessly.

Tomorrow- back to work. [emoji22]

Fall color was magnificent- maybe a hair past peak

fcc3b0b646dd8e7ee593b6e23f3848e2.jpg
7f2e80423873aae28d4ac3bba79137c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I did some chain maintenance today. Tightened it up, cleaned and lubed. Of course now the bike doesn't sound normal. I think it just enjoyed being dirty.

I've been living in denial for the last month thinking we might get another warm week and the roads might clear for one more ride or two. Gave up and unregistered the bike for the season and activated the registration on the snowmobile.

IMG_20181105_152038.jpg

A bearing went bad on the back wheel and I thought I would fix it before the end of the season... I guess I was wrong :p

I've been living in denial for the last month thinking we might get another warm week and the roads might clear for one more ride or two. Gave up and unregistered the bike for the season and activated the registration on the snowmobile.
A bearing went bad on the back wheel and I thought I would fix it before the end of the season... I guess I was wrong :p

That's not a happy looking chain. There appears to be some kinks in it.

That's not a happy looking chain. There appears to be some kinks in it.

Yah it doesn't straiten out under it's own weight as some of the links are a bit sticky, but not frozen. If you give it a tug they straiten out, I figure it's probably OK for a sealed chain. I try to keep it oiled but more often than not the bike is caked in sandy clay mud so I'm not sure what the best course of action is.

One of those "kinks" is the connector link, it's loosened a bit but it's always been a tad stiff.

If they were true tight links, I'd expect them to be kinked in the other direction, the way they would wrap around the sprockets.

Rode to work again today. 2 more days I can ride to work this week and then winter will appear. Friday cold front moves in with cold rain and then the temps are going to be 15-20 below normal (both highs and lows) for this weekend and next. One weather forecaster already stating the 4 letter cuss word (which starts with s) next week-SNOW...yuck-hate the stuff, cant stand the stuff, and if I never see it again, it would be too soon.

Too bad David.
Here it was 87° again today. And humid. Too hot to ride. Man has it been a looong summer.

Yea, but cooler weather is heading your way. Forecast next week for the Gainesville area (havent checked Tampa) is highs in the 50-60 range and lows in the upper 30s. 87', bring it on.....

Too bad David.
Here it was 87° again today. And humid. Too hot to ride. Man has it been a looong summer.

87 isn't too hot! That's great weather to ride in. I had to call it quits on the bike during the summer when it was over 100, but anything under that, I rode. I'd take 87 any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back