• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I dumped my bike today. 20mph and the suv in front of stopped dead, I locked up the back brake (like a dumba$$), the rear tire went out and down I went. My good helmet saved my head. A good armored jacket and kevlar pants saved most of me. I've been shopping for good boots with a malleolus pad but didn't get them yet so, of course, I broke my left ankle. I somehow also sprained my right thumb. I have no idea how. A bit of stiff neck too, but overall just mad about missing good riding weather. I hope to collect the bike tomorrow but seem to only have lost the left foot peg and bent the left crash bar, which helped save my foot.
Whoa! I'm glad you were wearing so much gear! I hope the ankle heals quickly.
Glad you're relatively OK.

Put new Givi handguards on my bike. Finally! I'm not sure why it took me so long to do this. It really cuts down on the wind factor for colder weather riding.

And You'll be even cosier if You put a pair of muffs on over them ;)

Finally installed all the electronics I'd been collecting over the years haha

Installed the accessories sub harness.
Added USB, and voltmeter to the frunk.
Also added 2 sae connectors one off the harness one from the battery.
Lastly installed a battery jump cable for use with my jump pack.

I turned the 12v port into a pass-through for the jump cable, since I don't need it.

I think I might put larger spacers in at some point to give it more room behind it. I need to glue down the volt meter for a permanent install.
PXL_20221007_202730100.jpg

Accountability time. OK, so I finally replaced my flat rear tire with a brand new Shinko 705(of course). As others had spoken about it, here is proof!

AC2D8B32-CA9D-4BB5-BCB4-70684D817B45.jpeg

Sadly, since I bought the ‘14 Mustang the poor little NC has just been sitting, with a flat rear tire for about 9 weeks. Yikes, so good to have it repaired and back to ride ready status!

View attachment 50603
I kind car driver told me my headlight was out. I got 2 years out of this expensive thing.
That’s interesting. It sure looks a lot easier to get the headlight assembly off of an S model than an X model. Lots and lots of bodywork needs to come off the (‘12-‘15) X to get the assembly off, although changing the bulb itself is quite simple without removing the assembly.

That would be correct. I have the Madstad and the original shield on at the same time. I have to take out 4 screws to take the original shield off and two to undo the front housing. It takes me longer to find the manual and read about it than it does to take it apart.

Well not today because I've been working a week straight at logistical support for Hurricane Ian relief but last Saturday I installed an LED bulb. This is not a new purchase rather the second of a set I bought about 6 years ago for the 2015. This LED is fan cooled and a simple installation in the NC700X. I wasn't entirely happy with the light pattern of this design in the 2015 but it is very conspicuous for day time use.

From 2016: https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/evitek-g6-h4-led-headlight-bulb-installation.12014/

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

Last edited:
Accountability time. OK, so I finally replaced my flat rear tire with a brand new Shinko 705(of course). As others had spoken about it, here is proof!

View attachment 50604

Sadly, since I bought the ‘14 Mustang the poor little NC has just been sitting, with a flat rear tire for about 9 weeks. Yikes, so good to have it repaired and back to ride ready status!
I love the Shinkos. Looking to get some myself!
:)

Finally installed all the electronics I'd been collecting over the years haha

Installed the accessories sub harness.
Added USB, and voltmeter to the frunk.
Also added 2 sae connectors one off the harness one from the battery.
Lastly installed a battery jump cable for use with my jump pack.

I turned the 12v port into a pass-through for the jump cable, since I don't need it.

I think I might put larger spacers in at some point to give it more room behind it. I need to glue down the volt meter for a permanent install.

I always wondered if a USB charger or something would fit at this removable panel. Must be a tight fit tho?

Couldn't test ride it. They told me to watch their website for a Zero Demo Day. It is tall. I sat on it and could barely swing my leg over it.....but could flat foot it after on it...suspension went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back