• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Day 34... .we had the perfect snow last night if there can be such a thing... a beautiful 3" that covered everything

qWZKpfeh.jpg

WItsg76h.jpg

except ....

my driveway (and the surface streets) which were too warm for it to stick

wDMzIzdh.jpg

early this morning there was some ice and slushy spots on the roads and my driveway pad, but the sun came out and by 4 PM I was able to get out for a ride

30 miles @ 27 degrees and sunny

Found a screw in the rear tire today. Get to use my plug kit for the second time in 9 years.

View attachment 53591
View attachment 53592
I find the majority of the time, the rear tire picks up the screw. The front tire evidenty flips up the object and presents the point to the rear tire. I can’t think of a time in over 300,000 miles that I ever had an object penetrate the front tire

Rode to work every day since I got back from skiing on Tuesday. Going for a ride right now. Most importantly, I installed my SW Motech Alu-Rack. The NC had Givi side bag carriers, but I didn’t really need them (I have the world’s biggest tail bag). A small rear rack is more useful to me, and (most important) they are discontinued, so I got it at a clearance price. As with all SW Motech, you can’t quibble about the quality. And the bike looks better than with the side racks (I’m going to modify them to be attached as needed, in case I need to carry my guitar.) And yes, my bike is dirty. That’s to be dealt with after my ride.IMG_1839.jpegIMG_1838.jpeg

Wow! If I recall correctly you only had one problem with it that corrected itself in a day. Not too shabby!
Yea my mil light came on one day just as I was leaving the driveway. I turned around and took it back to the garage. I had a friend (mechanical type) come over that evening to look at it and when I started it to show him, the mil light went out as normal. Only hiccup I've had that I recall. so far so good.....

Much of Florida is just like this. Rural and agricultural. This was on the way home from a RTE in the potato fields west of St. Augustine.

View attachment 53566
Hi Dave I am new to the forum and finding plenty of information. I have a 2019 NC750X and spotted your rear seat rack which i have only heard about, but never seen one until now. Can you possibly give me more information about the rack if you don't mind, as i wont be taking a passenger on board. I will be doing more touring on my bike and the extra room behind me will come in handy. I am from Queensland , Australia. Thanks Gary

Hi Dave I am new to the forum and finding plenty of information. I have a 2019 NC750X and spotted your rear seat rack which i have only heard about, but never seen one until now. Can you possibly give me more information about the rack if you don't mind, as i wont be taking a passenger on board. I will be doing more touring on my bike and the extra room behind me will come in handy. I am from Queensland , Australia. Thanks Gary
Hey Gary,

Keep looking this site for "Dale's Rack" or "NC700 Gas Hole" posts. Google search around and you'll see how innovative owners have been.

Dale made these for a while but he stopped some years ago. It's aluminum but people have made them from wood or plastic building material. I made one out of plywood in an early effort. When a Dale's Rack pops up for sale it goes quickly.

I would think a large Nylon cutting board available at dollar stores would be ideal for that application. It could be drilled, then heated and bent for access to the gas cap, would be waterproof and could have extra slots drilled for bungies or rok straps.

Back