• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Today’s ride was a makeup ride for the Polar Bear rides I have been doing. The destination was the Lighthouse Tavern on the Jersey shore. Temp was in the high 30s when I left under clear, bright blue skies. It was 56 when I got home. The outward bound route was the most direct route that did not take me through Philadelphia. The return trip was a meandering route in the warmer afternoon weather. Total miles for the day was 190 miles and the speedo rolled past 27,000 miles.

Unseasonably warm lately, so the NC has been riding all the local back roads. Some are silk smooth, some not…….so I just ordered front fork upgrades from Cogent Dynamics. Hind shock will be the next upgrade. Costs a fortune to be a kid nowadays! My bike is a 22 model so some suspension options aren’t as readily available quite yet, they were very helpful in making up a “kit”. I upgraded another bike with Cogent Dynamics stuff several years ago and have been very impressed with the quality. Hope the NC turns out as well!

Day 42 of riding this year I did the Meijer loop, which means I took the long way around and back to pick up a prescription, turning a 28 mile ride into a 49 mile ride lol. Saw 72 degrees on my little thermometer on my way back. It's been a mild February. Rain coming in for a couple days, but hopefully it won't rain all day on days that it does. Don't mind getting caught in the rain, hate taking off in it.

Day 43 .... they were predicting rain today starting at 9 am so I got up and on the road early. 41 miles of curves with elevation changes @ 58 degrees, cloudy and windy. Never had another vehicle on my side of the road (and only a handful coming towards me on the opposite side of the road) in the whole 41 miles. No rain. Great ride!

Radical seat height lowering today. This Saturday 3/2/24 is the Gate River Run which is a National Championship 15,000 meter running event here in Jacksonville, FL. In the past I have worked triathlons on my Goldwing as a moto driver where we are tasked to carry a bicycling judge or referee for the cycling portion of the event but for this event I'm riding a videographer that prefers to face backwards to film the lead runners. You can't really sit backwards on the Wing and the RT's seat height is too tall for me to be comfortable carrying a passenger so the NC was called up. I have less than 28" inseam and with the Corbin seat I just touch my toes at a stop. I needed to gain reach to the ground so I removed the Corbin seat and made a seating pad from 4 layers of thin closed cell foam. I measured the unladen seat height at 29.75" or down about 3" from the Corbin." Now I have bent knees and both feet flat on the ground. Much better to ride the passenger but .....The race will take less than 90 minutes and 9 miles and the start of the race is about 8 miles from home so I won't ride in long enough to get a sore butt. The videographer will have a pad half as thick as mine to sit on the Dale's Rack behind me.

Attachments

• IMG_3957.jpeg
    IMG_3957.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
Radical seat height lowering today. This Saturday 3/2/24 is the Gate River Run which is a National Championship 15,000 meter running event here in Jacksonville, FL. In the past I have worked triathlons on my Goldwing as a moto driver where we are tasked to carry a bicycling judge or referee for the cycling portion of the event but for this event I'm riding a videographer that prefers to face backwards to film the lead runners. You can't really sit backwards on the Wing and the RT's seat height is too tall for me to be comfortable carrying a passenger so the NC was called up. I have less than 28" inseam and with the Corbin seat I just touch my toes at a stop. I needed to gain reach to the ground so I removed the Corbin seat and made a seating pad from 4 layers of thin closed cell foam. I measured the unladen seat height at 29.75" or down about 3" from the Corbin." Now I have bent knees and both feet flat on the ground. Much better to ride the passenger but .....The race will take less than 90 minutes and 9 miles and the start of the race is about 8 miles from home so I won't ride in long enough to get a sore butt. The videographer will have a pad half as thick as mine to sit on the Dale's Rack behind me.
Impressive feat!

Professional riders on a closed course. Don’t try this at home.

Have fun with the ride Dave.

Day 44.. interesting weather the last 12 hours or so. At 1 AM we were close to 60 degrees and under a Tornado watch with a chance of heavy rain/ hail. By 6 AM the temp had dropped into the 30's and it rained hard and the wind was gusting. Got on the road at 2 pm and the temp had dropped to 34, winds were blowing 17 gusting to 31 mph making it feel much colder. Got in 38 miles @ 34 degrees on today's Iditarod/rodeo ride. Going down to 28 by morning, and to think Monday we saw 72 degrees lol.

Day 45 headed to W Va this morning with a nephew so he can pick up a used NC 750 so I had to get out at daybreak...32 miles @ 21 degrees and sun coming up.

Short ride of 30 miles to see how the low seat shown in post #165 rides. I threw a sheepskin pad over the white foam and it looked almost comfortable. Strange to be able to flatfoot the NC after these years of tippie-toe. I imagine it might be like riding a trials bike for some distance. My knees and hips are not really happy about the short seat-to-peg distance but it's not going to be permanent.

Rode camera platform today for the Gate River Run 15,000 meter. The forecast of rain held off and I enjoyed the task of pacing the elite men for the videographer / color commentator. I've done similar for the cycling portion of triathlons where the participants are making 28-34 mph but the elite men were doing 11-14 mph in at times close quarters. The DCT held in manual was perfect for the job and the Dale's Rack with a cushion worked out great.

IMG_3970.jpeg

I installed a $40 TPMS monitoring system from Temu.
fw.jpg
rw.jpg
PXL_20240303_001232878.jpg
I chose it for the price it had a user manual. The manual is poor but the unit seems to function. The front reads 2 psi and the rear 1 psi off of my tusk pressure gauge. I already had metal 90 degree metal valve stems. The menu interface isn't great but I didn't put out a lot of money. I think the best quality one I saw was the fobo 2 with t-valve stems and app monitoring. Figured I would start cheap and see how it goes.

I installed a $40 TPMS monitoring system from Temu.
View attachment 53654
View attachment 53655
View attachment 53656
I chose it for the price it had a user manual. The manual is poor but the unit seems to function. The front reads 2 psi and the rear 1 psi off of my tusk pressure gauge. I already had metal 90 degree metal valve stems. The menu interface isn't great but I didn't put out a lot of money. I think the best quality one I saw was the fobo 2 with t-valve stems and app monitoring. Figured I would start cheap and see how it goes.
If you by chance have a micrometer, and the time, would you mind measuring the caps? We were just discussing this on the BMW scooters forum and the FOBO is too deep to clear the front brake. We're skeptical. Thanks in advance in any case!

I did another leg of the Polar Bear ride today. Unusually warm again. It was 50 degrees when I left and I saw 66 degrees on a bank sign. That's near record highs. I was dressed correctly for an early morning departure, a bit cool to start, comfortable for most of the ride and a little too warm for the last hour. I stopped in Longswamp to loosen my collar and cuffs, and unzip the jacket a bit. Odd seeing people in T shirts and shorts when I am wearing multiple cold weather layers. At least I didn't have the heated grips on. There were about one hundred bikes at the Polar Bear check in and I passed one hundred more on my way out. I must have seen several hundred additional riders on the way home. Just a beautiful day today. 190 total miles for the day.

Back