• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

If you by chance have a micrometer, and the time, would you mind measuring the caps? We were just discussing this on the BMW scooters forum and the FOBO is too deep to clear the front brake. We're skeptical. Thanks in advance in any case!
Are you looking for the cap diameter?

I have the cap height at 0.563" or 14.3mm by conversion. Is it possible to change the valve position to the other side so it doesn't interfere with the caliper?
Nope. On the C400GT, the valve stem is in a spoke on the alloy wheel. Thank you for the measurement. I don’t believe that will clear. If I recall correctly, the FOBO were 13.5 mm and will clear the rear but not the front caliper. Thank you for checking. Very much appreciated!

Went to have a look at the bike. Looks like a write off. Whole front end bent in to radiator. Radiator bent round frame. Engine guard tubes bent like paper straws.
Was discharged from hospital a week ago. They found I had also damaged an artery, had 2 mini strokes due to that and an impact brain lesion. Have made a statement with an Garda who have cctv evidence and am claiming off the other driver. I'm off work until the end of June and won't be going to Canada to visit my daughter. The neck brace is on for another 10 weeks.
I also have about 1000 euros of gear that was cut off me and the helmet is scary to look at. Lucky that I always do ATGATT. Saved my life.

Went to have a look at the bike. Looks like a write off. Whole front end bent in to radiator. Radiator bent round frame. Engine guard tubes bent like paper straws.
Was discharged from hospital a week ago. They found I had also damaged an artery, had 2 mini strokes due to that and an impact brain lesion. Have made a statement with an Garda who have cctv evidence and am claiming off the other driver. I'm off work until the end of June and won't be going to Canada to visit my daughter. The neck brace is on for another 10 weeks.
I also have about 1000 euros of gear that was cut off me and the helmet is scary to look at. Lucky that I always do ATGATT. Saved my life.
I hope you have a quick recovery. Whatever the cost of the gear, it did it's job!

If you feel up to it, it would be interesting to hear the details of events leading up to the accident for our own learnings.

I hope you have a quick recovery. Whatever the cost of the gear, it did it's job!

If you feel up to it, it would be interesting to hear the details of events leading up to the accident for our own learnings.
Luckily, I don't have medical bills. All paid for by the government here except for prescriptions..I will be on a good pay out for long term changes to my life though
Basically, it was early evening, good visibility and I was slowing down as there were lights ahead other driver was turning across my lane to access a side road ( right turn for us, left in US and Canada).
She didn't really slow and said she didn't see me. I saw no indicators and just suddenly saw a car right in front of me. I had only a few metres and couldn't go left or right so hit the emergency brakes and smacked into her front wing. Next thing I remember is waking up on the ground in agony.
CCTV showed me flying over the bonnet (hood) and landing on head and hands.
I had lights on, a hi vis jacket and my gear had reflective inserts. Didn't matter, I didn't register for a cager.

Ewen, really glad to hear that you are up and about. Sorry about the extent of your loss of the bike and all the gear. Nice to have CCTV footage available. Hope the rest of your recovery continues smoothly.

Day 51 ... rained all last night and up until 4 pm today. Waited until after dinner to go out...40 miles @ 50 degrees and damp roads. Wife warned me when I took off not to hit a deer because it was getting dark, almost nailed one on the way home .... 2 doors up the street lol.

Holy cow. Very sorry to hear about all of this. I hope your daughter can come to visit you instead.

Yep went fine. We picked it up, and brought it home. He texted me that he rode 126 miles today and loves it. Swears its his last bike ( but we have a hard time believing that lol)
Yeah. My wife has said that the words "last bike" should never pass my lips without immediately after going to confession.

Back