• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

I ordered a new helmet, another Bell SRT Modular. The old helmet (2018 vintage) is having difficulty latching when I closed it. The SRT fits in the frunk with my Cardo Freecom 1+ attached. I upgraded the Cardo Freecom 1+ to a Cardo Freecom 4x. The 4x is the same form factor as the 1+ so it should fit in the frunk when mounted on the new helmet. I could not get the old Freecom 1+ to form an intercom link with my wife’s new Sena. Supposedly with the newer communicators it is a simple operation to establish the link. I did not get a Sena because the mounting plate extends down below the lip of the helmet and it would not fit in the frunk.

Sort of reminds me of “The Borg”on Star Trek.

Day 68...wife's BD yesterday but we had the family over today to celebrate. Got out late after everyone left, short ride, 38 miles @ 43 degrees, partly sunny and still a bit windy. Man, it's been a windy week.
Happy Bday to your better half! How is she liking the Xmax?

Happy Bday to your better half! How is she liking the Xmax?
Thanks, I'll tell her you said so. She really likes her XMax, however she is a REALLY fair weather rider .. generally above 70 degrees, sunny, dry roads, low chance of rain lol, so she hasn't ridden in quite a while. According to my logs Nov 8th was her last ride, and she probably won't be back in the saddle until sometime next month.

Rode this week’s Polar Bear ride, only 3 more rides left. The checkin point was at a big Harley Davidson dealer. They have regular Sunday hours.The combination of their regular customers and our 100+ riders put parking at a premium. I spoke with a Livewire salesperson for a bit. These are nice looking bikes. They are not as large as I thought they’d be. The Del Mar is almost as tall as the NC750X but narrower between the legs and in the frunk area. The original Livewire bike sits lower than the NC750, between a cruiser and a crotch rocket in size. Maybe in a year or two. Total miles ridden about 120 miles.

Yesterday I took off the green plastic ammo cans and painted them black. One is for my rain gear and the other is for some tools. I keep an air compressor and a jump pack in the frunk. Today I met up with a motorcycle Facebook group (24 of us) and rode over to Steinhatchee Florida to eat at remodeled Roy's restaurant (literally destroyed inside by the last hurricane). Rode about 200 miles today
IMG_20240324_104756.jpg

My pillion seat is cracking. I thought about going the full custom route but the home minister isn't interested in riding. Contacted a local upholstery place and their minimum charge was $176. I can almost buy a brand new seat online for that. Brought the seat with to Taiwan and got it done for $13.
PXL_20240218_173645489.jpg
old pillion
PXL_20240327_072753872.jpg
New
I'm not sure how long it will last but it looks better than it did before.

I made some fork protectors for my NC. I might remake them in black.View attachment 53788
I was not diggin' the looks of the fork guards. I was able to refine the surface and made some small dimensional changes. I am very happy with this set.forkguardV2_2.jpg

I spent 30 miles of my 37 mile return commute lane splitting with another rider on what looked to be a Kawasaki Versys. It was fun! We waved at each other, called out pot holes, and took turns giving the peace sign to drivers that gave us extra space. Was sad when we had to part ways lol.

Instead of taking 1 hr 50 min to get home, I made it in 44 min.

Today my new Bell SRT helmet (size L) was delivered along with my Cardo Freecom 4X. The day was spent checking that the helmet fit in the frunk, attaching the Cardo, and configuring the Cardo. The helmet with the Cardo attached is a tight fit in the frunk. The size and location of the helmet’s spoiler appears to be a bit different than my 2018 Bell SRT. Configuring the Cardo Freecom 4X was a breeze. It is connected to my phone, the Zumo XT, and the intercom of my wife’s Sena.

IMG_3990.jpegIMG_3991.jpeg

Back