• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A Very Sad Day for Me

Wow! I can only say how sorry I am to hear this!

I hesitate to reply having not gone through something like this myself.
I think it is only natural to have feelings of anger towards the person you feel is responsible. I think it will take time for those feelings to reside.
I totally agree with what others have said about forgiveness not being for her, but for you. I do think that is going to take a bit of time if you are ever able to get to that place.

You mentioned you were raised to show compassion to others... and maybe the one thing you can do now for your brother is to try to find a way to use that compassion to help your Mother, and other friends and family through this unbearable time. It sounds like your brother made a quick emotional decision that he likely would not have followed through on, had he spent a few minutes thinking about how it would affect the family and friends he loved so much. If he could talk to you now... what do you think he might ask you to do to help ease the pain of those he has hurt so much?

I didn't know what to say in reply to your post.... to be honest I just prayed and asked for what I should say. I just hope it came out right.

I pray you find peace with this and all of your family and friends.

My anger has diminished but as far as she is concerned she's a nothing to me. I won't let her drag me down to her level. Silence is golden. You are right about my brother making quick decisions. He was one to "live for the moment" and many of the decisions he made in life were bad. He ended up making the really bad one.

I am starting to heal and I'm feeling better today. Thanks everyone for the kind words and talking about this to family and friend has been very good therapy.

Last edited:
I'm not always smart enough to come up with the right things to say. In cases like this, there aren't any words to make things better. When I have lost people I loved, the most meaningful thing that anyone has ever done for me is to just come by and sit. No talking. No pressure to share feelings or anything. Just sitting. It helped me to know that I wasn't alone and that someone cared enough to understand that I didn't know what to say or how to say it.

So, even though we're in different places, consider all of us sitting with you. I'll send up a prayer for you and your family.

It's been a week since this happened and feeling better. Talking and keeping busy has helped. I managed to do some work on the bike. Installed some XVission lights, CB1000 front preload adjusters and NC750X decals tomorrow. I'm taking my first ride tomorrow and that will bring my life back too a normalcy. Thanks again everyone.

Back