• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Accidents Happen . . .

Maybe he had a Red Riding H...elmet? :cool:

hey cut the cackle I'm the silly joker here
spank-2101.gif

Update - Went from this . . .
DSC01226.jpg
To this . . .
DSC01238.jpg
To this . . .
DSC01246.jpg
today.
Street-Legal again - still waiting for some backordered parts though.

About $1K-US when all is said and done. I'm 15,000 miles into it and have no plans on giving up on this bike.

About $1K-US when all is said and done. I'm 15,000 miles into it and have no plans on giving up on this bike.

Don't give up, but get a crash bar. Total cost about 200$.
This is a very good bike. Mine's seat is on repair and now I use a Honda PCX. It is a disaster...slow and I feel, everyone try to overtake or chase me :)

It is great when brand new replacement parts are readily available. One of the nice things about a late model bike.

Hope insurance paid for it. Where do you order these parts? Honda dealer? Pretty expensive i bet?

It is great when brand new replacement parts are readily available. One of the nice things about a late model bike.

Hope insurance paid for it. Where do you order these parts? Honda dealer? Pretty expensive i bet?

www.procaliber.com has been about the cheapest place and this side of the country, so shipping times were relatively quick and stock was good. You have to fish your way through the assembly drawings but they are pretty good too. Sometimes the parts I ordered had different revisions or part numbers than the parts I was pulling from the bike, but they have fit perfectly. Prices seem to be all over the place - smaller parts sometimes cost more than larger parts, simple ones sometimes more than complex parts - been surprised on both sides - how cheap some parts were, while how expensive other parts were. Didn't make a claim, just did the work myself - learned a lot, got it done quickly.

Just finished the bent handlebar swap out. Took a good 2-hours - but figured out how all that stuff comes apart, and then goes back together. What glue would you use on that left grip - any suggestions?

Just finished the bent handlebar swap out. Took a good 2-hours - but figured out how all that stuff comes apart, and then goes back together. What glue would you use on that left grip - any suggestions?

I used hairspray the last time replaced the left grip. It slips on easy and a day or so later its solid and its water soluble if you need to take it off. I live in Seattle, rain is not an issue, trust me.

Congrats on getting her back together! :D

There are lots of choices when it comes to grip glue, including Motorcycle manufacturers ie: "Pro Honda grip glue" etc., plus handlebar maker's versions, Pro Taper, Renthal, etc., and grip makers themselves, like Scott, Tag metals, etc.

Here are a few examples shown on Ebay:

Grip Glue: Parts & Accessories | eBay

I use Hairspray usually myself lol. I can't in clear conscience recommend it, but it's always done the trick for me. :eek:

That makes me laugh - the years I spent working in bike shops (the pedal kind) - that's exactly what we used - slippery stuff to put the grips on, but set up when dried. Somehow just thought the motorcycle world would have other answers.

Back