• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Accidents Happen . . .

ATGATT! Good for you (and good for your luck, too - it never seems to take much to make things even worse than they were - kind of a "there but for the grace of God" thing, I guess). However, every time I get to thinking that I REALLY don't want to ride around in 100+ degree weather with all that stuff on, something like that happens either to me or to someone I hear from. And I get cured for yet another summer and keep on wearing my gear.

Glad you're okay.

3 words....Mesh riding gear... your actually cooler riding in it then in shirt sleeves and jeans because it doesn't restrict air flow but it DOES shade you from the sun.

I'll add my 2 cents. Really glad you're okay.

I worry all the time about the gravel in the turns around here. Love that pic of your helmet. maybe we should have a sticky here on gear that has protected the rider. Seems like we haven't convinced everyone yet.
Those were some of my thoughts in posting the story and the pics. I did get some bad bruises but no cuts, lacerations, road rash. The gear kept me covered and I'm convinced the pads in the jacket and pants saved me from further injuries.

Last edited:
3 words....Mesh riding gear... your actually cooler riding in it then in shirt sleeves and jeans because it doesn't restrict air flow but it DOES shade you from the sun.
That is a mesh jacket with shoulder, elbow and back pads built in - and you are right they do work - they protect you while also keeping you cool.

my that is well and truly scuffed ,glad that you are ok.

here its not the gravel we gotta watch out its bleeding horse shit.
they nearly always on your turn line ..right on the frigging bend.
DSC00657.JPG

Don't crash on a bike up here in Canada, lol.

*snacks*

hi-wolf-photo-852-6col.jpg

Not me, but a recent picture taken from some motorcyclist fleeing a wolf chasing him down the highway, bahahaha. That would be a pulse raising experience I imagine, hee hee.

Yes, thanks for the well-wishes. Sometimes don't realize how remote things are out here until something happens. Plastic parts can be expensive to replace - but I didn't just walk away from the wreck, I got back on the bike and rode it home - It's a keeper in my book.

All the best to bike and body for speedy return to 100% mate! :)

If I go up there, I'm carrying "Mean Kitty" with me. Respect - the dogs in my neighbor all walk by on the other side of the road. Got to love him, he put my sister-in-law in the hospital for a week.3.jpg

SmileyFunnyFace.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch.
Sorry about the bike and mishap, but if you are ok and learned something, then it was worth it.
Those of you who've had these moments know it replays in your head repeatedly. Once I accepted that BAD <WAS> going to happen, thought for a split second - no terminal objects around, it was a conscious decision to turn into the slide believeing I would gain some control but knowing I would be heading in the wrong direction - a fighting chance though. Might have in part been instinct, I rode and even raced for a while on pedal bikes - road and mountain - the balance is different - motorcycles are several times the riders weight, bicycles a fraction of the riders weight - I could see that difference in how far we slid after the fall, but then the speeds are higher too. Think it's true both places though - stay with the bike let it take the hit not your body, and then safety gear - There-Is-No-Substitute! Sorry to ramble, thanks to all for offering words of support, I've ordered replacements for all the broken pieces on the bike and plan to be back on the road ASAP.

Last edited:
Jelo are you having your helmet inspected by the manufacturer or are you just replacing it?
Hadn't even thought that far - you're right - I have no way to judge the integrity of the helmet, yet I won't ride without one. I looked over every other piece of gear - boots, pants, jacket, gloves - can't forget the most important part.

Last edited:
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I had a similar accident two years ago. In my case I fracture my clavicle and four ribs. The bike was easily replaced but my healing took longer. I'm extremely happy to hear your OK.

Those of you who've had these moments know it replays in your head repeatedly. Once I accepted that BAD <WAS> going to happen, thought for a split second - no terminal objects around, it was a conscious decision to turn into the slide believeing I would gain some control but knowing I would be heading in the wrong direction - a fighting chance though. Might have in part been instinct, I rode and even raced for a while on pedal bikes - road and mountain - the balance is different - motorcycles are several times the riders weight, bicycles a fraction of the riders weight - I could see that difference in how far we slid after the fall, but then the speeds are higher too. Think it's true both places though - stay with the bike let it take the hit not your body, and then safety gear - There-Is-No-Substitute! Sorry to ramble, thanks to all for offering words of support, I've ordered replacements for all the broken pieces on the bike and plan to be back on the road ASAP.

Back