• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

anybody has installed sw-motech skid plate?

W

wildeone

just wonder if this is easy to install and does it lower the clearance much.
I hope this plate uses existing bolts. I have givi crash bars on bike, no problem
with them?
thanks

I installed it on my NC and I also have the Givi bars. Additionally, I have the Honda OEM center stand. Fitment was good and pretty easy. It comes with all the hardware you need. The only issue I had was the rear right contacted the center stand when it was deployed. But, it wasn't a big deal. A little work with a Dremel was all it took to open the clearance I needed.

Overall I don't feel that it has badly reduced the clearance. But, it's not like I take my NC rolling over boulders or anything.

Bottom line, I'm very happy with the choice I made.

Several of us here have. I have the SWMotech crash bars and the skid plate. It didn't go on as easy as I would have liked. There were some clearance issues with the Honda center stand so I had to cut off some of the skid plate for the stand to be able to go down. It comes with all the bolts needed. It of course lowers the bike's clearance a bit as it is below the engines oil pan, but not enough to be an issue in the corners when leaning over in a turn.

Here's some pictures of mine.
16fbd4124e2c86c55ac4c98b21696fba.jpg

d2d49917e4f9ece6880db92070d60ff1.jpg

ca37d4681f8b5ce4a3d253e6a0880224.jpg

thanks, that's not so good because this skid plate is pretty expensive so I'm not so fond of cutting it :(
I have also honda center stand.

Yeah, I probably didn't either. I didn't do a great job measuring. The clutch side needed more taken off than the throttle side.

It really makes me question their consistency though because looking at your pic it definitely looks like you had to take off more than I did. When I installed mine I could tell it was making contact on the right side, but not in any manner as to interfere with deploying the center stand. But I figured over time it would start to chip the center stand and I didn't want to invite rust. When I dropped the skid plate I had a convenient little dent, maybe 2mm deep, which gave me a nice little guide for where I needed to dremel. I will say those rear bolts were a ***** to line up. Finally ended up figuring out to get the rear bolts seated first and then install the front.

It really makes me question their consistency though because looking at your pic it definitely looks like you had to take off more than I did. When I installed mine I could tell it was making contact on the right side, but not in any manner as to interfere with deploying the center stand. But I figured over time it would start to chip the center stand and I didn't want to invite rust. When I dropped the skid plate I had a convenient little dent, maybe 2mm deep, which gave me a nice little guide for where I needed to dremel. I will say those rear bolts were a ***** to line up. Finally ended up figuring out to get the rear bolts seated first and then install the front.
I see. I had issues with the back bolts too. Used a rat tail file to make the holes bigger. Probably should have done the same, back first.

Back