• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

anybody sold nc700x and regrets it?

I have seen a few CTX1300 for sale must be last years, new bikes, that have not sold yet going for $10,000.00, that is a pretty good price for that bike.
I have had my share of 700+ lbs bikes though and like lighter bikes so much better.

At one time I had 13 Goldwings, but having that many bikes at one time is hard to keep them all ridden and maintained properly, I had every model Goldwing, including the GL1800 and GL1500 6cylinder bikes and many of the 4 cylinder goldwings i like the 4 cylinder Goldwings the best.

I had/have a few Naked GL1200 Goldwings that were very naked, and were much lighter than stock, from 700-lbs down to 500-lbs and had 100-hp. and very Low center of gravity.

Here is a picture of one I still currently have, I turned it into a single seat cruiser, Naked.

Yea, shaft drive, no Chain Maintenance.

Very cool! looks like an old school bobber! This has always been my gripe with a lot of the new metric bikes, too much plastic! I cant wait to get my SW MOTECH bash plate so I can remove the plastic panels. On my Harleys there was very little plastic, lens covers was about it!

I'm eyeing up the Moto Guzzi Stelvio. Thought of trading the NC in then found out the dealer would only give me 3k for my fully loaded NC. Screw that, bike #2 if I can swing it by the wife that 2 bikes is an ok thing in the garage.

I'm eyeing up the Moto Guzzi Stelvio. Thought of trading the NC in then found out the dealer would only give me 3k for my fully loaded NC. Screw that, bike #2 if I can swing it by the wife that 2 bikes is an ok thing in the garage.

It took me many, many years to convince myself and the wife that a second bike was OK. Be careful! Now we have six. I say "we", because two of them are hers and four are mine.

On the bright side, many insurers will put four bikes on a policy, sharing the uninsured and underinsured coverages. Adding the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th bike adds very little cost.

Last edited:

There may be a third option. A lot of dealers in Florida will take a bike to sell on consignment. You may want to see if your Guzzi dealer will do that for the NC. For example I was offered either a trade in of $3500 for the NC on a new Yamaha FZ-09 or the option of having the dealer sell it on consignment. He thinks he can get between $5000 and $5500 for the NC. Normally dealers will charge 10 to 15 percent of the sale price, but in this case I've done a lot of business at this particular shop and my dealer offered a good deal on the FZ and agreed to wave the consignment sale fee. The other possibile outcome of the consignment is that if you take delivery of the Stelvio and leave the NC at your dealer on consignment and the NC doesn't sell for the price you want, you can always suggest to the wife that maybe the best option would be to keep the NC also. It kinda goes back to the old better to ask forgiveness than permission thing. ;)

I would think the Moto Guzzi would be an expensive machine.

Can you afford the Moto without trading in the NC?

They are very different bikes and would both be fun to have for what each offers.

Just some thoughts.

God bless!!

Michael

I like the Tiger a lot and am not looking back too often anymore but at times I regretted trading the NC in the deal.

If I had more room, I'd likely keep mine. Even though I have reservations about listing it for sale, I know it's the right thing to do financially and for practicalities sake. Regrets won't be known until it's gone.

I have owned 3 Ducatis, 3 Triumphs, 2 Harley's, 1 KTM, 1 BMW, 2 Yamaha's, 2 Suzuki's, 2 Kawasaki's and now my second Honda....and they have been all styles.....superbikes, ADV bikes, cruisers, standards, Sport Tourer's etc. This NC700X has made me really think about how it seems to be a near perfect motorcycle at times and then at other times that it seems to come up just short of being the perfect bike. I think if this bike had just a little more suspension travel and about 1000 more RPM's it would be damn near perfect. Then again I think how much do I really need an extra 1000 RPM's and the suspension can be fixed quite easily with $$$$. And that is the crux of this bike, it is damn near perfect for the price point Honda is selling it at. I primarily use it for a 24 mile urban commute as my life is crazy busy right now and for urban commuting it might just be the perfect ride. It is actually deceptively quick when ridden efficiently and the 60 MPG is fantastic. And what can you say about the "frunk" that hasn't been said already. It handles better then a sub $6,000 dollar bike should and its fit and finish is, well you know "Honda." When it comes to "fit & finish" I have not seen anyone do it better then Honda and as my list would indicate I have owned a bike from almost every maker. So although I have not sold my NC yet, I'm sure I will regret it when I do because when it comes to bang for the buck it is hard to beat. Good luck with your decision.

Haven't sold it yet and don't plan on doing so any time in the future. Done the multiple bike thing and it just doesn't work for me. I put 400 miles/week in commuting to work and back. Too much to do on most weekends so I hardly ever just jump on the bike and go for a ride. No reason for a second bike for weekend fun if you never use it.

I do find myself wishing sometimes for some extra ponies but when I get my monthly credit card statement for fuel and it's around $100.00 I smile and dismiss those thoughts. I seriously like that new FJ-09 Yamaha but I don't have the $$ and the mileage would be worse.

Someone mentioned winning the lottery - if that happened sign me up for the new KTM Super Adventure. And a new R1. There are so many stunning new bikes around right now it's unbelievable.

I sold my NC and have no regrets. I'm glad I bought the bike as it filled a niche that existed when I had my RT. I sold my RT and the niche left the garage too. I ended up combining the RT and the NC in the form of a Super Tenere. I don't need two bikes, just one that does everything I want and the Tenere checks almost all of the boxes that needed to be checked.

Ride what you like and don't worry about taking a loss or not owning what you want. I owned a KLR for four months and couldn't sell that POS fast enough. I don't look back with regret as it influenced my decision to buy the ST 1300 and that opened up a whole new world of motorcycle travel for me so it's all good.

Life is short. Do what makes you happy.
Mike

there is 3 complains for the NC that i have.
1. seat ( solved by shaving it down and adding softer foam to it )
2. suspension, it is softening up but i like it to absorb bump a bit better
3. wind noise- solved with madstad.

i think power is more then enough, i beat most sport cars and live in CA with allow lane split, i think weighing 140# also helps

In a local auto parts store yesterday and turns out the manager is / was kl650e9f here. He sold his NC needing money in college and regrets it. Currently riding an old KLR and misses his NC. Exchanged phone numbers and hopefully will meet up for a ride some time.

Back