• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Completed an IBA Bun Burner 1500 this weekend

I was a pilot in a previous life and remember the affect of density altitude on length of takeoff roll and rate of climb. As heat increases the trees at the end of the runway get taller.

Ok, You guys gotta stop all this density altitude, rate of climb, and tree height. I was an army pathfinder and the third week of that school about did my brain in with all the formulas (D=RT formula, T=D/R formula, and D=KAV formula).

Stupid computer at work here sometimes won't allow the "Reply with quote" option to work, so it's manually done below:
Fuzzy wrote:
"A great feature on my Piaggio is that when the reserve light comes on it starts a third trip meter showing how many miles you have ridden since it came on. Helps a lot with how much of that last gallon is really left and my short memory as to when it came on. I have had more than a 40 mile swing on my NC for when it comes on due to different riding conditioins."

My FJR1300 has the same trip meter and it is a great feature for those of us Older gents with fading memory. ;) I do remember that I can go at least 50 miles once mine starts counting, although the bike won't start on the sidestand if I've pushed it that far (gotta be level or the pump is sucking air).

OK I'm impressed. I just back from my Daytona 200 trip. I cheated, took the NC in the toyhauler but did about 250 miles going back and forth from St. Augustine to Daytona Beach. I would like to do A1A a few more times without all that Harley traffic. I only noticed 2 NC's the whole time I was there, one on Highway 1 coming out of St. Augustine on Friday afternoon and one while leaving Sunday morning while headed home on I-10 west of Jacksonville heading east. Didn't realize you were running all over Florida while I was there.

more rides to consider:

50cc - coast to coast in 50 hrs. Usually Jacksonville, FL to San Diego, CA at 2,300 miles.
Border to Border - 36 hours from the Mexican to Canadian Borders.

I'm considering one of those or maybe a Saddle Sore 2000.
The list of Rides possible is found HERE:

Some rides require a Saddle Sore or two first. I think the 50cc does... probaby because you want to find out if you can stay up that long with so little sleep.

The Bun Burner will be first (just so's I can even things up with Dave.)

Last edited:
OK I'm impressed. I just back from my Daytona 200 trip. I cheated, took the NC in the toyhauler but did about 250 miles going back and forth from St. Augustine to Daytona Beach. I would like to do A1A a few more times without all that Harley traffic. I only noticed 2 NC's the whole time I was there, one on Highway 1 coming out of St. Augustine on Friday afternoon and one while leaving Sunday morning while headed home on I-10 west of Jacksonville heading east. Didn't realize you were running all over Florida while I was there.
I was on I-10 Sunday west bound from about 0530 to 0915 Eastern time. Jacksonville to the Bonifay exit. That was early though and dark most of the time. I got back on I-10 going home east bound just west of Tallahassee around 1100. (I-10 and US 90 exit 192)

I was wearing a yellowish one piece suit and white helmet, just a top case on the NC. Did you see me?

more rides to consider:

50cc - coast to coast in 50 hrs. Usually Jacksonville, FL to San Diego, CA at 2,300 miles.
Border to Border - 36 hours from the Mexican to Canadian Borders.

I'm considering one of those or maybe a Saddle Sore 2000.
The list of Rides possible is found HERE:

Some rides require a Saddle Sore or two first. I think the 50cc does... probaby because you want to find out if you can stay up that long with so little sleep.

The Bun Burner will be first (just so's I can even things up with Dave.)
Easy now. When your ride is published you and I will members of a club with possibly just one or two other members. That's not enough? :)

If you do a 50cc you will be alone in that group, that's too extreme for me. I might do a SS2000 though.....that's a full nights sleep between riding days.

I might do a SS2000 though.....that's a full nights sleep between riding days.

well that part doesn't make sense to me. I left at 02:00 hrs and finished at 23:00. If I did that back to back, there wouldn't be a full night's sleep between. I think you ride faster. in 21 hours I covered 1100, and that works out to be 52 mph average. I'll have to work on that!

I was on I-10 Sunday west bound from about 0530 to 0915 Eastern time. Jacksonville to the Bonifay exit. That was early though and dark most of the time. I got back on I-10 going home east bound just west of Tallahassee around 1100. (I-10 and US 90 exit 192)

I was wearing a yellowish one piece suit and white helmet, just a top case on the NC. Did you see me?
I don't think it was you Dave, I don't remember the yellowish suit on the bike on I-10 but the times don't match up. I saw the east bound NC around 9-10 a.m. just a few miles east of 295 but we had to have passed each other at some point.

Back