• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Going to wait for the 2014 or 15 or......

Nice reasonable comment big boys.......??

*Enters restaurant, sits at table*

"Hi, what can I get for you, Sir?"

"Me? Oh, nothing thanks. I'm not going to eat anything, I just want to come inside, look around, and wait until maybe new items are added to the menu, or changes are made to existing items."

"Uh... ok. Take your time, there are a lot of really good things available right now you may enjoy."

"Hmm. A few things I really want, are not on the menu. That means I won't be eating here. It's a deal breaker."

"..."

"Well, you're not being very helpful!"

:p

Seems you meet the nicest people was lost in translation on some of you!!

Last edited:
I live in Florida. You are not buying one right? So what to do but bid you farewell? What you want us to do? Agree with you we are all saps for buying now? :confused:

Last edited:
Hows about, we will be hearing from you... then. I am not so sure I would like ABS, but I never tried it. Motorcycles could all be mandatory abs and florescent lime green by 2015. I do want to see a side car attached to an NC, since we is makin a wish list.
BigE

Drifter, If you are gonna fly through here and "crop dust" us as you pass through, your gonna get what you got. Man up, buy one if you want one...or move on. We have a great group of people here with a common passion. I get enough drama from my 12 year old daughter and three pages of this crap is a waist of bandwidth. Either you are on board or your not, we really don't give a rats azz about your wait and see pipe dreams. Buy a Harley, get a leather jacket and inquire about a prospect patch and see how that works out for ya! We will always welcome you back with open arms...down the road.

a temp gauge would be nice?

...hell by 2015 EVERY manufacturer is going to add a frunk to their bikes!!

glad I did not wait - better to have fun on the seat than on the couch - anyway, the frunk can hold lots of beer. Get a flipface helmet!

Colors, adjustable rear shock, i would love to see a full kit bike...A kind of NC700x Explorer version. That last bit may be a little silly or over extending the use of this motorcycle, but with the torquey engine and nice clutch - some knobbies and skid plate would make it not too bad for running around out in the scrub brush...maybe. Anyone done that yet?

Colors, adjustable rear shock, i would love to see a full kit bike...A kind of NC700x Explorer version. That last bit may be a little silly or over extending the use of this motorcycle, but with the torquey engine and nice clutch - some knobbies and skid plate would make it not too bad for running around out in the scrub brush...maybe. Anyone done that yet?

More than you would think, lol!

Check out "our" very own HondaBikePro here on the forum, and the growing list of Skidplates and awesome farkles a lot of us are buying from him, which he hand builds to perfection :cool:

and is it just my bike that kinda is noisy in the gearbox dept.? Even my dad cringed when he rode it - he has ridden for about 650 years. I thought it was reassuring that I got a gear, but sometimes when I pass cars it makes me wonder if the drivers think I've clipped their mirrors. It goes something like CLACK!!

Is Drifter still holding his breathe?

If you've made up your mind about it, just go for it. Life is too short to wait for that perfect bike with EVERY thing you want in the same package within the same price range. By the time the NCX finally have everything you desired, it will be at the end of its product cycle and the new version will be out later. Then you'd be waiting another year for the next best thing. Just buy it already.

Unless the thrill of pursue is your thing. Then by all means, keep wishing and waiting...

What Naked_Duc said AND the fact that you'll never find the perfect bike. That's half the fun...tweaking it and making it your own. I didn't see much, if anything, on your (drifter) list that couldn't be accomplished aftermarket.

Life is too short and unpredictable to wait for something that you can enjoy today...

Part of the reason I looked for a used NCX was so I could trade up to a new one in a year or two without loosing so much $.
My neighbor already offered to buy mine if I get rid of it. He thought it was a really pretty bike. I like the silver because it doesn't show dirt as much.

The top changes I'd make are the seat, a bump in hp/displacement, a larger fuel tank and I'd have it loose some weight.
None of those things would have warranted not purchasing the bike I got.

American Honda has been horrible about color choices since the late '70s. Be glad there are 2 choices but expect different color options ever couple years.

Back