• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Has anyone gotten lowered foot pegs for the NC online and how did you like them?

Edit:
Stepping on the top pivot point that stick out, mostly on the brake side is not a problem anymore. It rarely happens now that I'm used to it.

I see they sell wide ones and smaller round ones. I see no point in having the wide ones since your foot will probably end up riding on the front and rear edges anyway unless they rock or have a slight curve. Plus, the wide ones are more conspicuous and detract from the lines of the bike. One downside to the lowered ones is that the part that drops it down puts your feet out wider and out of alignment with the pedals. I guess I will just have to try them.

My 2013 came equipped with the SW Motech ones. I have a short inseam and I still like them. My NC is super comfortable for long distances. The ergonomics are similar to my RT which also has lowered pegs from stock.

I also am 6'1" and changed out my foot pegs for a set off Aliexpress. They have a 40mm bar that can be indexed to the angle that suits you. I opted for the ADV type no rubber just teeth on the front and back side.

I bought the Knight Designs wide lowered pedals. These lowered the pedals 1 1/4 inches. They fit on the bike but they were so wide they scuffed up the inside of my boot when I put the sidestand down. I changed these out for the narrower Knight Design lowered pedals with a 1 3/8 inch drop. No more scuffing the boot and easier access to the side stand than the wider model. They are expensive compared to other manufacturers.

I bought the Knight Designs wide lowered pedals. These lowered the pedals 1 1/4 inches. They fit on the bike but they were so wide they scuffed up the inside of my boot when I put the sidestand down. I changed these out for the narrower Knight Design lowered pedals with a 1 3/8 inch drop. No more scuffing the boot and easier access to the side stand than the wider model. They are expensive compared to other manufacturers.

I see no advantage to wider pedals since the contact area is spread out at the stiff sole of the boot, therefore having the same effect. I plan to go with the tube type and avoid the close quarters of the kickstand and keep it simple.

I am thinking about getting some since I am 6' 1" and feel a bit cramped with the stock ones.
I'm also 6'1" and found the same issue with cramped legs. I got the SW Motech 360 degreee adjustable footpegs and it was a game changer when I set them to the lowest position. They also let you change the angle of the peg, not just the height, so I rotated them down slightly, more so on the left foot than the brake pedal. Yes they are pricey, but you soon forget the cost when you discover the improvement and quality of the engineering and material.

I have tried an aftermarket platform that attaches to the stock peg and then purchased pegs that were 40 mm adjustable for around $50. I like the adjustable pegs in the lowered position the best. I did have to lower my shifter and my brake lever to accommodate the drop. I had to get accustomed to the wider foot peg position that I don’t even notice anymore.

I am 5 foot 7 and enjoy the riding position. My knees thank me as well. A little change that delivered much more than I anticipated.

IMG_1218.jpegIMG_1221.jpegIMG_1232.jpegIMG_1230.jpegIMG_1229.jpegIMG_1219.jpegIMG_1226.jpegIMG_1215.jpeg

I got the Knight lowering pegs. They are expensive but well made and they definitely made a difference in comfort and helped eliminate the hip pain I was having. I'm 6'1 with a 32 inch inseam.

Thread moved to from NC700 General Discussion to NC750 Modifications.

Check the classifieds. I have a set of narrow Knight Design for sale. *SALE PENDING*

Last edited:
Check the classifieds. I have a set of narrow Knight Design for sale.

PM sent

Back