• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hidden compartment in the frunk

ZorakTheFool

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone figure out what the hidden compartment is for on the bottom of the frunk?

Attachments

• IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,836
  • IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,788
Owners manual

Or

Emergency cash for those road side bargains like boats, collector cars or another motorcycle ......:cool:

Last edited:
My question is, what fits on the odd shape on the top of the lid?
Whatever it is, my bike didn't come with it.

The bottom "hatch", where under it, the owners manual fits. That Hatch has a wierd shape to it right up next to the battery hatch. Dang! I wish I could do photoshop sometimes!

The bottom "hatch", where under it, the owners manual fits. That Hatch has a wierd shape to it right up next to the battery hatch. Dang! I wish I could do photoshop sometimes!

I don't understand. Photoshop? Like I said, the indentations on that cover, and the corresponding ones on the larger battery and fuse box access panel, are meant to fit a U-lock.

18982-1_6afdbd3f-6e23-4bc8-b161-678292ca3ef8.jpg

Last edited:
I keep maps in a baggie where the bands are.other end I have a denem pocket to holds smaller things or phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't understand. Photoshop? Like I said, the indentations on that cover, and the corresponding ones on the larger battery and fuse box access panel, are meant to fit a U-lock.

View attachment 18054
Thanks LBS! I mentioned photoshop (meant paint shop or something like it) so I could circle the part I was talking about. Your pic says it all.
A picture is worth a whole bunch of replies on the internet!

What kind of lock is that (brand?)?

You guys are all just guessing. Apparently I'm the only one who has used that bottom compartment for its intended purpose, so I'll tell you:
It's for catching whatever liquid you spill in the trunk, if/when your half-a$$ed 'cupholder' fails, and soaking and messing up your owner's manual. ;)

Thanks LBS! I mentioned photoshop (meant paint shop or something like it) so I could circle the part I was talking about. Your pic says it all.
A picture is worth a whole bunch of replies on the internet!

What kind of lock is that (brand?)?

Heh heh no worries :D

About the lock, don't know- sorry. I imagine in any of the stock pictures of Ulocks in the trunks are probably Honda branded ones. Honda does sell them as accessories, but I don't know if the US dealers get them. What they are prior to the H brand, I couldn't guess. I would measure the indentations, and the pop by a few bicycle and/or motorcycle shops and see if you can match up the two. :)

Owner's manual. I still keep mine there along with

- a $20 bill (for when I lose my wallet)
- a set of Allan wrenches
- a multi tool i got from walmart
- spare ear plugs
- a ziplock sandwich bag with several paper towels soaked in windex (for cleaning helmet visor)

Owner's manual. I still keep mine there along with

- a $20 bill (for when I lose my wallet)
- a set of Allan wrenches
- a multi tool i got from walmart
- spare ear plugs
- a ziplock sandwich bag with several paper towels soaked in windex (for cleaning helmet visor)

Obviously, everyone else is way more neat than I. My frunk is so full of every little thing I can think of, I hate to try ans access tha bottom hole.
I actually like the idea posted earlier about taking the lid off and having MORE roon for junk in the frunk.

Back