• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where do you think I should stick it?

The Phoenix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought the title would invite members to take a look at a serious question and a request for your thoughts.
I purchased an additional key to my 2021 Honda NC750xd and want to hide it where it would be accessible to me just in case something happens if I lock my keys in the frunk or inadvertently lose them.
As you can imagine I want to put it in a place that would be hidden from normal view but not in a place that would require me to have a key to access it such as the frunk, or under the pillion's seat.
So any suggestions as to "where I should stick it" would be greatly appreciated.

There are various threads about that here. I don't have them bookmarked, so you'll have to search.

You'll find that we don't say much about it, other than in very general ways, because we don't want to tell the entire planet (internet) where we hide our keys.

There are various threads about that here. I don't have them bookmarked, so you'll have to search.

You'll find that we don't say much about it, other than in very general ways, because we don't want to tell the entire planet (internet) where we hide our keys.
Thanks for your reply MZ5. What you share makes a great deal of sense. I hope that I didn't inadvertently offend anyone with my poor attempt at humor.

Reactions: MZ5
Thanks for your reply MZ5. What you share makes a great deal of sense. I hope that I didn't inadvertently offend anyone with my poor attempt at humor.
It was absolutely clever! If someone was offended by that then they are just looking for a reason. I’m sick and tired of so many people in our culture being offended by the most benign matters while concurrently becoming incensed if we simply disagree with a position of theirs.

I’ll take a spare key on a trip but I literally can’t remember losing a key to a vehicle except misplacing them at home. When the bike is in the garage and out riding the key is in the ignition and when parked away from home it’s in my pocket.

You could try using the mod for a dedicated frunk key. Then stash a spare key around the gas tank.

Just find an accessible but not obvious spot and wrap it on there with black electrical tape--its not rocket surgery. Just remember where you put it--likely it will still be in same spot when you sell the bike

I will usually tape a spare key up inside the fairing tunnel using black gorilla tape after wrapping the key is aluminum foil, although I haven't done it on this bike for some reason. On trips on my CB, I carry a spare flat key in my wallet since it has no fairing.

When travelling, I stow the spare key in my money belt. This is really just a placebo to treat my paranoia. I've never lost a key while travelling. I don't bother when I'm close to home because I know I have a spare at home.

... "where I should stick it" would be greatly appreciated.
Anywhere, almost no one rides motorcycles in the US. I've forgotten my keys in the trunk in plain site at Walmart at night - homeless everywhere and nothing missing. Basically, anywhere out of site will do. I'm planning to do the same thing.

Anywhere, almost no one rides motorcycles in the US. I've forgotten my keys in the trunk in plain site at Walmart at night - homeless everywhere and nothing missing. Basically, anywhere out of site will do. I'm planning to do the same thing.
Nobody's going to steal an NC, Harley yes maybe.

MrBios, thanks for your input. I used keys4urride.com to purchase my key (2021 NC750xd) and had them cut it. Total = $40, free shipping and received it quick.
INTHEWIND, you might be right about stealing an NC but you never know in this economy.
Mzflorida, Tiles looks like an interesting product but I fear that placing one on my key might just provide the confirmation that I locked my keys in the frunk.
All - please accept my sincere thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.

I thought the title would invite members to take a look at a serious question and a request for your thoughts.
I purchased an additional key to my 2021 Honda NC750xd and want to hide it where it would be accessible to me just in case something happens if I lock my keys in the frunk or inadvertently lose them.
As you can imagine I want to put it in a place that would be hidden from normal view but not in a place that would require me to have a key to access it such as the frunk, or under the pillion's seat.
So any suggestions as to "where I should stick it" would be greatly appreciated.
Buy some beaded chain and wear it around your neck. Simple but it is with you where ever you go and you don’t have to worry about hiding it on the bike.

Buy some beaded chain and wear it around your neck. Simple but it is with you where ever you go and you don’t have to worry about hiding it on the bike.
You know, that’s not a bad idea, really. When I ride alone in the boondocks, I often wear a neck chain with a dog tag (name, blood type, emergency contact numbers). Adding a very simple flat key wouldn’t hurt.

That being said, although I often have a spare key on board or take spare keys on trips, I’ve never lost or misplaced a key.

Back