• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout III

Sure, that's OK but here's the deal.......if you consider yourself normal you might not fit in too well with some of the misfits that frequent this event. I mean, some of these folks just ain't right. However, with that said, If you like sitting around a fire pit telling and listening to lies and tales about all things motorcycle related, riding wonderful roads in the Ozarks and eating all day long you might like it.

Seriously, hope to see you at the Hub. I think you will enjoy yourself.

The weather looks pretty good for this weekend.....no mention of sleet........yay!
Mike

I have never been accused of being normal or average that's for sure
As far as motorcycle stories I have a million. I look foward to meeting
everyone.

Last edited:
Hope you get things sorted Matt. No shame in bringing the truck if needed.

I might not be able to leave until Friday morning. If so, is anyone going to Low Gap for lunch Friday or are we doing that Saturday........or both? ;)
Mike

Both! Sunday too :D

Packed and departed Charleston, OR at 8 am Monday (raining of course), stopped in Roseburg, OR to have a tooth yanked at the VA, then headed to Cortez, CO and arrived about 2 pm Tuesday (to drop off a rifle for some custom work to be done). Rode all the way, 1200+ miles, overnight, nasty pockets of rain, a little bit of snow crossing the Cascades, and gusty winds. Spending Tuesday night in Cortez and off to OK tomorrow.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some summit in Utah on Tuesday morning.

image.jpg

I should be arriving Thursday at The Hub in time for lunch.

Ray

Ray,
You are making good time with your new rig. Can't wait to shake your hand and inspect the details of that trailer.

Wish I could make it Thursday but family trumped my plans (imagine that). I should be able to meet at Low Gap on Friday. Don't wait on me if you don't see me and I'll meet you at the Hub later.
Mike

I did 1,200 miles in a day last year but it was on my Tenere. Kudos to you for doing it on the NC! The most I ever did in day on the NC was 700+. Can't wait to inspect the trailer!

I should be there by mid afternoon on thursday. If no one else is there yet where would be the best place to set up camp?

We set up on "pool" side of the motel a little off the tree line. It's the right side of the motel. Last year, we were the only ones there. If others are there, try to pick a spot large enough for 6-7 of us.

I should be there by mid afternoon on thursday. If no one else is there yet where would be the best place to set up camp?

Anywhere on the lawn behind the motel. You should see other tents already set up in that area. You can ride on the lawn beside your tent too.
Mike

Anywhere on the lawn behind the motel. You should see other tents already set up in that area. You can ride on the lawn beside your tent too.
Mike

I take it there's no tables, trash cans, water or other amenities in the camp area.

One side of the motel is a large parking lot. On the other side is where the pool used to be, it is filled in, and there is a large flat grassy area also on that side. This is where you can setup a tent. The filled in pool is where we congregate and have a fire. Bathroom for campers is the first hotel room under the stairs. If the key is in the door the room is unoccupied. That is also where I get water.

When you are coming up the hill there are houses, cottages, on the sides, then all the sudden it will open up to a lot of pavement. On the right is a large round building. This is the restaurant and meeting space. Go to the right of the round building and you will see the hotel right behind it. The right side of the hotel is the camping and the left side is the large parking lot. You drop down a small grassy hill to the camping. The hotel office is on the right side top floor first room. If you are camping just go ahead and drop down to the camping, pick out a spot, and setup. You can check in after. The owners are very laid back about the whole thing and just ask that you pay when leaving. If you are staying on a first floor room you can drive your bike through the grass and up to the room door. The restaurant has good food and we usually eat breakfast and dinner there though I'm not sure if they are open weekdays this early in the season.

Keep in mind this is an old place built in the 60s or 70s. It was part of the old DogPatch amusement park that shut down in the 80s. the owners barely squeak by a living with the place. so it isn't fancy but it is clean. Earlier this year the Arkansas cruiser riders organized a work day to help with some painting and other maintenance to help keep the place going.

One of the rooms is left open at the Hub for campers to use the rest room and the showers. Each year there has been a few non-NC7 folks to join us at the camp fire. The food is good also. The owners wife does most the cooking.

What time of day are you guys usually up and about? You're about two hours west of me and I might be able to ride over Saturday morning. Like to meet you folks.

Back