• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda UK seem to have dropped the NC700!

Yes that was always going to happen. After all they did issue some info to the dealers stating that the 700 models were no longer available to order. However, the NC700X DCT is still available to order for A2 licence holders.

When I was reading up on the NC 750 series late last year the website said that the 700 will still be available for the new riders with riding restrictions (newly introduced law to the UK).

Now it looks like they've dumped it!

All you 700 owners now have 'limited editions'. :confused:

I'm sure the USA will get the 750 in the end. Mind you I suppose that will depend on how well the 700 has sold.
In Europe the NC series has sold in quite big numbers.

I'm sure the USA will get the 750 in the end. Mind you I suppose that will depend on how well the 700 has sold.
In Europe the NC series has sold in quite big numbers.

Seems like they are only popular in certain states. My dealer has only sold two since thier introduction and does not plan on stocking anymore. They just sold the second one last weekend. Took almost two years.

Before my health issues I looked at several dealerships. My local dealer was enthusiastic about the NC and had sold 5 very soon after it was released. I thought dealerships in Dallas or Little Rock would have a better selection. What I found was that none of the ones I went to had ever stocked an NC. Furthermore, they salesmen at these locations showed contempt for the bike and made me feel stupid for even considering it. Guess where I will buy when I get well:)

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I have run into many salesmen who don't get it and trash the NC. Honda should do something to weed them out. No wonder these dealers don't sell and and no surprise the dealer in Macon, GA still has the only 2012 they stocked. Honda needs more dealers like HondaBikePro showing potential buyers what the bike is capable of.

Also when they first arrived Honda had some advertisements in MC magazines. Haven't seen anything in a while and nothing ever outside MC magazines. There is also a huge untapped opportunity to push the DCT on NC and CTX to bring new riders on board.

It is a testament that a 2 year old design already has some high mileage owners.

They do draw interest when out riding and word of mouth by us may turn the tide. 3000 members on this forum proves they are selling some.

Sunrise Honda?
Mike

Yep, They brought in two NC when they were first brought to the US. A grey one and a red one. I bought the grey one almost a year after they got it and the red just sold last week. I met the new onwer on a chance contact. I was there getting my new tires on. When I pulled into the lot he walk up and started asking questions. I asked the sales manager if they would bring in any more NC's and thought that they may not. Took to long to sell the first two.

Yep, They brought in two NC when they were first brought to the US. A grey one and a red one. I bought the grey one almost a year after they got it and the red just sold last week. I met the new onwer on a chance contact. I was there getting my new tires on. When I pulled into the lot he walk up and started asking questions. I asked the sales manager if they would bring in any more NC's and thought that they may not. Took to long to sell the first two.

:confused:

The US (or Canada) never got Red NC700's in 2012. We got Black and you guys got Silver. The Red was only first available for the 2013 model year.

Sunrise Honda?
Mike

6.jpgI believe the folks at Honda Motorcycles see a new problem in the market place for the 700cc class. That problem is the cross plane crank, Honda don't have one. The crossplane crankshaft makes a great adventure engine, great low end torque, extremely light, and extremely cheap to produce.

Yamaha's MT-7 (700cc) now being sold in Europe turns out over 70 horse power, weight under 400 lbs. ,and the torque curve is perfect for an adventure bike. Yamaha is selling the street version only in Europe currently, but the adventure version is to follow shortly. I believe this cross plane crankshaft has the rest of the industry taking a close look at both the 700cc class and the 900cc to 1000cc class. Yamaha's MT-9 crossplane crankshaft is turning out over 107 hp , great low end torque, about 410 lbs, and cheap to produce. I believe the crossplace crankshaft has the entire motorcycle industry rethinking "What an Adventure Bike Should Be".

Oh, gas mileage is very respectable on a crossplane crankshaft motor, also. It will be interesting to see what all the manufactures will answer with!

MT-07 Video:

[video=youtube;JpRgA_B2kHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpRgA_B2kHs[/video]

smileyconsider.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
It's no longer available to view on their website.

CB500X | Adventure | Motorcycles | Honda (UK)
View attachment 12790I believe the folks at Honda Motorcycles see a new problem in the market place for the 700cc class. That problem is the cross plane crank, Honda don't have one. The crossplane crankshaft makes a great adventure engine, great low end torque, extremely light, and extremely cheap to produce.

Yamaha's MT-7 (700cc) now being sold in Europe turns out over 70 horse power, weight under 400 lbs. ,and the torque curve is perfect for an adventure bike. Yamaha is selling the street version only in Europe currently, but the adventure version is to follow shortly. I believe this cross plane crankshaft has the rest of the industry taking a close look at both the 700cc class and the 900cc to 1000cc class. Yamaha's MT-9 crossplane crankshaft is turning out over 107 hp , great low end torque, about 410 lbs, and cheap to produce. I believe the crossplace crankshaft has the entire motorcycle industry rethinking "What an Adventure Bike Should Be".

Oh, gas mileage is very respectable on a crossplane crankshaft motor, also. It will be interesting to see what all the manufactures will answer with!

MT-07 Video:

[video=youtube;JpRgA_B2kHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpRgA_B2kHs[/video]

View attachment 12791

00.jpg

Last edited:
if you like that much OC buy the thing and stick it in here Non NC700 Motorcycle Section

1st its hardley junk and now this!!
if I or we want an adventure bike we'd go and buy one geeee some folks??

the mt7 is a triple not a twin and it will rev like a clappers and mpg isn't all that great either certainly not like the nc.

and yes I'm not a fan of it although I do like some yamaha bikes

Last edited:
I have never bought a bike from them, but the Honda dealer in Shawnee OK is one of the largest Honda dealers in the country and they always stock the NC at discounted prices. Friendly folks there every time I have stopped in to look around while traveling through.

Nice ad on the NC750X but at 6200 Pounds or 10535.71 dollars, I'm afraid Honda has jumped the gun on a good bike too soon as what is available for 10535.71 today in the US makes for a lot of competition in the US not favorable to Honda..... I plan to keep mine till 100K miles or death anyway. Hopefully the add on parts from third party that fit the NC750X will still fit the NC700X so we with NC700X will still have Farkle power.... :-(

View attachment 12790

View attachment 12791
[/QUOTE]
I saw one bike on fuelly for the mt09 average 27mpg US, that's how it should be ridden!
Pretty neat accessories list, kickstand foot, gps holder, comfort seat and rear rack. I'd like to get one, then I can start the 700 club, hehehe.

Back