• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Horizons Unlimited Stecoah, NC

Is anyone planning on attending this event? I'm a 50-50 at this point. I might even just stay down the road at Kickstand and do some rides with any members here that decide to be in the Stecoah neighborhood that week(end).

Is anyone planning on attending this event? I'm a 50-50 at this point. I might even just stay down the road at Kickstand and do some rides with any members here that decide to be in the Stecoah neighborhood that week(end).
:cool:
Let me know if you're going, I'll be right behind you, Greg.

I am interested in going, have to see if I can get those days off. I haven't been to one of these events yet, but would like to go.

Registration just opened. October 6-9, 2016

Thank you for this post. I have never heard of Horizons Unlimited. I went and checked out their site and signed up for the California event near Yosemite in September. I'm super excited to ride my NCX up to the event to watch presentations and meet cool people. Would never have known of this without your post. I'm new to the bike traveling world and have just made solo trips of about 1,500 miles total as I don't have any friends near me that can go on long rides. Hopefully, I'll meet some at this event. Thanks again. Brett

I'm in. Had a great time the last 2 years. I had some great bunkmates last year, but camping this time. What was it last year? Almost a dozen people from this forum?

Glad to hear Ray will be there.

I hope to hear you get to 60/40 soon, Greg.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Bump!

Less than 4 weeks away.

As much as I want to go, I can't... with the Appomattox HU meet in April, I can't justify doing 2 while I'm still working and have limited vacation time available.

I like the "Ambiance" better at Iron Horse compared to Appomattox, but they do have much more space for everything at Appomattox. Iron horse wins out on Internet... although very spotty and weak.. Verizon at least has service there. Location, Iron horse also wins out in... although pushing it back into october means much cooler and possibly cold and lots of leaves on the road... not much of an issue if it doesn't rain.

Can't wait till I retire and I can go to as many of these as I want, and try some in other parts of the country... Maybe they have in in Mexico even... would be a great excuse to ride down there... maybe continue south afterwards.... that's what HU is all about!

If you can go to any of these HU meets GO!! Then start planning your trips.. even if they are just in the US. Traveling on a bike is what it's all about!

I retired once...took up motorcycling....now I work to pay for the motorcycling and have less time to ride. Catch 22.

I retired once...took up motorcycling....now I work to pay for the motorcycling and have less time to ride. Catch 22.

The key to my retirement planning is to not live too long. So, I better get busy. Leaving tomorrow on my oldest bike for the beautiful Northeast (NY, VT, NH, ME) and still plan to at least make a showing at Stecoah on Saturday. Too many places to go to be sitting in a circle pointing at farkles and talking about riding.

best - Lee

It's looking like I will be in the neighborhood for HU Stecoah, NC. I would probably arrive Wednesday night.

I enjoyed my recent stay at Kickstand Lodge a little more than my past stays at Iron Horse, so I may be camping at Kickstand.

It's looking like I will be in the neighborhood for HU Stecoah, NC. I would probably arrive Wednesday night.

I enjoyed my recent stay at Kickstand Lodge a little more than my past stays at Iron Horse, so I may be camping at Kickstand.

I'll try to make it Wednesday, if not Thursday to KSL. Tent camping this time.

Mo would love this!

Back