• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Horizons Unlimited Stecoah, NC

That was a pretty good downpour; the bbq was good but the warm restaurant was a reprieve from that cold rain. Be safe guys, if it rains, it will be a double wammy for slick roads, rain and wet leaves....

Saturday, was Air Force's turn at home. Commander in Chief's trophy probably Air Force's this year. Best trophy there is as they fight each other on the sports field but die together on the battle field Always root for Army and Air Force unless playing Navy. Even went to an Air Force / Ole Miss bowl game in Memphis rooting for Air Force wearing a Navy jersey

Last year Navy had 450+ yards and 30+ points against Houston. Problem was Houston forgot they had a punter and kept going for it on 4th down, If they would have punted a few 4th downs, it could have been different.

Just landed (well, an hour or so ago) at Iron Horse Lodge. Ready for the riding and seminars to start. Looks like most of my riding will be Friday with some later on Thursday. I am itching to hit Cherohala Friday. I want some new photos. I got lucky and someone canceled on a bed, so I will be staying in one of the cabins, but the guy who checked it out is coming in Thursday morning. Weather down here is looking great.

670cc and DCTFAN ETA
7:45. Camping at KSL.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

670cc and DCTFAN ETA
7:45. Camping at KSL.

I wish I was going to be there but I'm going to be sheltering from Matthew at home instead :(

Following weekend though and then two weeks after that.

After a 604 mile ride from home, I'm all set up at Kickstand and chatting with DCTFAN. I'll pop in over at Iron Horse on Thursday morning and see what's happening. DCTFAN and I are talking about riding over east of Waynesville on Thursday. Then maybe we'll do the Tellico BBQ thing on Friday.

I'm in the area doing some local exploration and holed up at the Two Rivers Lodge in Bryson City. I plan on making the Tellico Plains run for Friday lunch.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Be safe Dave. Hope your place is on a little higher ground-storm surge up to 9' expected this evening.
Thanks Dave, we are good for this area as my house is about 40' above mean sea level in a rather high (for Florida) area. My neighborhood is on land that used to be part of a river bluff.

Today's ride was awesome
Beemerphile, Wcmike,670cc.
e80f8757e396a85b07c03da935133d32.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies for the overdone dry brisket at Krambones after all of my raving about it. That's what you get with one data point per year. Safe rides home all. I got soaked my last 50 miles.

Lee

Apologies for the overdone dry brisket at Krambones after all of my raving about it. That's what you get with one data point per year. Safe rides home all. I got soaked my last 50 miles.

Lee

No worries, Beemer. I had the pork and it was great!

Ray, thanks for your hospitality and from a guy who trekked the furthest.
Happy to be among such great members of this forum. Do I look happy? I may have had one too many Coronitas.

Back