• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

I had thought about riding down to the Star of India during lunch to get a photo for this thread! Great minds think alike! :)
s
One of my co-workers was a crew member on the Star of India for a few years until recently. He really enjoyed being part of their Halloween festivities. Then he had kids and didn't have the free time to continue volunteering.

I keep taking photos of my bike by odd items so that maybe one day I can play this game. I sure the heck ain't come across any rockets.

I had thought about riding down to the Star of India during lunch to get a photo for this thread! Great minds think alike! :)
s
One of my co-workers was a crew member on the Star of India for a few years until recently. He really enjoyed being part of their Halloween festivities. Then he had kids and didn't have the free time to continue volunteering.

I spent 10 days on the Californian and loved it. Was seriously considering volunteering, but was 'too busy'. Maybe once I move out of the boonies...

Where the heck do you guys live that you find rockets and jets in your back yard? ;) I guess I need to get out more often.

Nice!

Curse you, Rocket boy! I had a great picture all planned, lol :D

'though it's good seeing it now, versus 10 seconds before I go post, after spending hours going to, and taking a picture, of course! I rode nearly 100 miles to get the Bigfoot tag, I would have been a wee bit miffed if scooped on that one, hee hee.

I'm fortunate to be in San Diego. The F18 is at the Flying Leatherneck Marine Corp Aviation Museum at MCAS Miramar (it was the Top Gun school before
the Navy handed it over to the Marines). There are some helicopters, tracked vehicles, etc there for future challenge pictures -- about 5 minutes from my office. The Atlas rocket used to be on display at the General Dynamics Missile Park in Clairemont Mesa, but was moved some years ago to the San Diego Air and Space Museum annex out at Gillespie Field in El Cajon. They have lots of interesting things on display there that are either being prepared for display at the main museum in Balboa Park or like in this case things that just won't fit at the main museum.

Here is a National Park photo from my still unwritten ride report of my bike purchase/iron butt trip last September...

DSCN2819.jpg

How about a tunnel picture next... This is me coming out of a tunnel on the Angeles Crest club ride
I did a few weekends ago

NC700-tunnel.jpg

I think Chestnut beat ya to the punch OCR. :)
We're lookin' for a pic of an NC and a tunnel.

True, although I'm leery of going the "banked" photos route. I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but it would be tough for anyone to play, and lose some of the fun, if we posted photos already taken days/weeks/months prior, and used them as tags. If people have dozens of pictures already sitting and ready to go in an instant, without going out to hunt for a pic, then there would be no way to compete. I know I wouldn't want to play that way.

In my opinion, the game of tag should only allow new pictures to count, taken as a direct consequence after the prior tag challenge.

In my opinion, the game of tag should only allow new pictures to count, taken as a direct consequence after the prior tag challenge.
Dag nab it. Always someone to remind me there are rules..... and I have the perfect tunnel picture too..... only 3 months old. ;)
IMG_4794.jpg

Now I'm in north Florida with tunnels few and far between. :confused:

True, although I'm leery of going the "banked" photos route. I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but it would be tough for anyone to play, and lose some of the fun, if we posted photos already taken days/weeks/months prior, and used them as tags. If people have dozens of pictures already sitting and ready to go in an instant, without going out to hunt for a pic, then there would be no way to compete. I know I wouldn't want to play that way.

I'm with ya on that one.

I agree. What makes this fun is having to get on your NC and go find the tag.

I move that the rules be clarified as follows:

1) The bike must be an NC700X, S, or Integra, or in the future, an NC750.
2) The picture needs to be new, taken as a result of the current tag.
3) We can set a time limit, such as one week, on the current tag, so as to get a new tag and move forward.

If those rules are too restrictive, such that the game stagnates, we could revisit the new vs old pic rule.

Greg

Last edited:
I agree. What makes this fun is having to get on your NC and go find the tag.

I move that the rules be clarified as follows:

1) The bike must be an NC700X, S, or Integra, or in the future, an NC750.
2) The picture needs to be new, taken as a result of the current tag.
3) We can set a time limit, such as one week, on the current tag, so as to get a new tag and move forward.

If those rules are too restrictive, such that the game stagnates, we could revisit the new vs old pic rule.

Greg

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Not too restrictive or constraining. I mean after all, it's a pretty simple concept, really.

And I would imagine any of those who critique the rules or postulate alternatives, should at least bother to play the game in the first place!

Back