• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How important is the windshield?

I have a 2014 NC700X and changed the windscreen to a Piuge Touring. Had the same on my 2012 NC700. If I bought another windscreen I'd get one a bit wider which helps to take wind blast off upper torso. I ride with a modular helmet. Windscreen helps with rocks and bugs and when it's raining, not to mention cold. I won't ride without one.

The wind turbulence on my 700S annoyed me early on as well. The result is that I made a custom shaped deflector based on the OEM. Much better out on the road now, but the mirrors are the next source of turbulence and wind noise
Shorty screen.jpg

Here are a couple of observations from this thread:
1. Most people here are riding the NC-X and there seems to be more options to move windscreens on this, rather than the NC-S that I am riding.
2. Things are cheaper in the States than Australia.

Of course, I could be wrong.

The wind turbulence on my 700S annoyed me early on as well. The result is that I made a custom shaped deflector based on the OEM. Much better out on the road now, but the mirrors are the next source of turbulence and wind noise
View attachment 33116
Papafox, nice to hear from another Australian. There doesn't seem to be many around. How did you make a deflector? I'm considering cutting up an old helmet visor to at least protect the back of the speedo. Is this what you used?

I made a fibreglass mould of the OEM, cut a wedge out of the middle of it to set the new angle and then made the new wind shield from that. The final part is again made of fibreglass.
Shorty screen 2.jpg

I installed the Madstad windshield and it made a huge positive improvement to my riding pleasure. WELL WORTH THE PRICE!

I will need to order the MADSTAD if I want to avoid getting b-slapped by the wind like the other day, it was doing it two slaps per second - you can imagine the discomfort :) then it went away after like a minute or so

I made a fibreglass mould of the OEM, cut a wedge out of the middle of it to set the new angle and then made the new wind shield from that. The final part is again made of fibreglass.
Thanks Papafox. I've never worked with fibreglass, so I might try the old visor first. Yours looks good.

Back