• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How many miles now?

Rolled 45k on the way home from a ride yesterday :p

IMAG1114.jpg

trey

25k miles on my 2013. 3 rear tires, 2 fronts, 1 chain, 5 oil changes, 1 set of front pads.

Needs a second chain and bearings soon.

Touching 13k miles, third front brake pad set, stock rear with some rubber still and front tire reaching wear marks.

Back brake pads almost new

Transmission still very good.

Homemade preventive maintenance.

Fork maintenance needed at 10k miles.

Amazing how different riding styles and riding environment influence on mechanical wear.

I am now just over 6500 miles. With the new instrument cluster, the 6200 (and change) were erased and set back to 0. Here is the last shot I took before the cluster was replaced.

img_3209.jpg

37,000 miles on my 2013, which I traded in several months ago on a 2014. It now has 6,000ish miles on it.
Replaced tires, chain, pads, etc. on the 2013. Now looking to put PR4s on the '14.

32,890 on my 2012 NC700X rain or shine it's how I'm getting to work. I've had it for 12 months now and i got it used with 5k miles exactly

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

25k miles on my 2013. 3 rear tires, 2 fronts, 1 chain, 5 oil changes, 1 set of front pads.

Needs a second chain and bearings soon.

Got 33,000 miles on my 2014.
I've done two rear tires, one front, one air filter, several oil and oil filter changes, two chains with two new sets of front and rear sprockets, and front and rear brake pads from what I can recall.
I'm curious about the bearings maintenance. Which bearings are you going to going to check/replace? Also I haven't done any maintenance on fork oil or brake fluid replacement. I have the tools and know how for the brake fluid but no time but the fork oil I need to take to a mechanic. How often should the fork oil be replaced?

Got 33,000 miles on my 2014.
I've done two rear tires, one front, one air filter, several oil and oil filter changes, two chains with two new sets of front and rear sprockets, and front and rear brake pads from what I can recall.
I'm curious about the bearings maintenance. Which bearings are you going to going to check/replace? Also I haven't done any maintenance on fork oil or brake fluid replacement. I have the tools and know how for the brake fluid but no time but the fork oil I need to take to a mechanic. How often should the fork oil be replaced?
I'm also at 33k and haven't changed the oil in my forks, close to needing a rear tire, front isn't much better I figure when I pull them off I'll change my fork oil also, I have never changed fork oil but I've worked on cars for years and everything I do to my motorcycle is a first for me, nothing has blown up in my face yet. I have had a chain wear out very fast from not aligning it properly. Cheep $15 dollar tool and knowing better will keep that from happening again.

12,000 miles on my 2012 model purchased new in January 2014. This bike has become the default mode of transportation. My car is 37 years old.

On my second set of tires and brake pads. Original chain and sprockets. Tutoro chain oiler also.

Coolant and brake fluid have been flushed. Engine oil and filter every 6 months using Honda GN4 10W-30. 1st valve adjustment next week when the valve cover gasket arrives.

Only problem was a porous water pump cover that was replaced by the dealer under warranty. Other than that, just add gas and go.

Loving the reliability of this great bike. (knock on wood).

1st valve adjustment next week when the valve cover gasket arrives.

Not to tell you how to do your bike's service, but the valve cover gasket is totally reusable multiple times. I have pulled my cover twice and used the original gasket with no oil seepage seen whatsoever. Then again, maybe you have a reason for replacing it, and that's cool, too.

Not to tell you how to do your bike's service, but the valve cover gasket is totally reusable multiple times. I have pulled my cover twice and used the original gasket with no oil seepage seen whatsoever. Then again, maybe you have a reason for replacing it, and that's cool, too.

Just another data point on this. I pulled mine for the 5th time this weekend and it still looks brand new. No seepage or anything.

trey

A tad over one year and I rolled through 9,000 miles today. My commute is about 60 miles per day but sometimes I take "shortcuts" that turn it into 100+ miles. :)

But, Honey, the bike gets great gas mileage so it will be much cheaper to commute on it instead of driving my truck... ;-)

>Thom

Back